NOTICE TO BOAY'ers: Major Update Coming ×
Bit Of A Yarn

Race 10:Addington -Extreme Stride $2.70 Fixed??????

Brodie

The last race at Addington tomorrow Night at Addington has Extreme Stride at $2.70 Fixed Odds to win!

This must be massive unders as he is only having his second start and is a 2year old racing against seasoned horses who have won between 1and 8 races.

When it quAlified it went OK without being spectacular.

It ran 4th first up at Rangiora and went ok again but up,against maidens and was well driven by Dexter Dunn as it saved a lot of ground on the home bend.

It is a big ask and the Bookies has certainly kept it very safe, and yes a Cran Dalgety horse with Dex on it, but $2.70??????

Maybe “Brodie” will be left with egg on my face, but leave me out of it with those ridiculous odds!

It must have ability to be this short. 

Not for me at this price and in this race. Rangiora didn't inspire too much and I never like young ones up against hardened horses.

Looking forward to seeing what DD does at the start. Might steady and take a trail as there is a lot of speed outside him and none inside but could get buried 3 back or worse.

7 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

It must have ability to be this short. 

Not for me at this price and in this race. Rangiora didn't inspire too much and I never like young ones up against hardened horses.

Looking forward to seeing what DD does at the start. Might steady and take a trail as there is a lot of speed outside him and none inside but could get buried 3 back or worse.

Hasn’t shown a lot on the track Happy,  to be beating experienced horses who have actually won races and be so short is stupid but someone obviously thought there was value at 3.80

Bookies Are so risk  that horses that can’t win they have at huge unders.

Can’t see any real value at the moment as the fields are very even mostly, no point buying money!

6 minutes ago, Newmarket said:

What a certainty beaten

Quite, but the pressure early didn't suit a young horse with 4 going hard for the lead outside it and was slightly green at Rangiora. That was the thing, there was a heap of gate speed outside him.

Still, obviously, a talented horse who is getting a bit of experience before hitting the big time in his 3-year-old season. The money was right but....

Yes it did go well, and showed that it will win races.

Tuapeka Trick did look the winner though as he had been racing far better horses and ran great races as a 2 year old.

Brother to Galactic Star who won a few here and now one of the very best in Australia.

He is a promising 3 year old who is only going to get better!

Well done to the Westview Syndicate and Nigel Armstrong who is doing a great job in bringing in new owners to harness racing with his syndicates!

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Oh, so not on ratings?

I am a bit shy of knowledge of these things.

Not sure Happy, only thing I can put it down to, but it is really racing out of its class, being a maiden against race winners, however they obviously think it is good enough to beat experienced race winners and the stake is very good.