Bit Of A Yarn

Methven / Ashburton Tips

Race 1. 

I thought Flying Mandy looks a trotter with potential. Shame it is not on the grass as it ran a massive race awhile back at the Mot for 2nd. Then its trial win at Ashburton on the 3rd of September was really impressive. Looks like a trotter who can. $6FF and $2.25FF is ok money.

Awesome Impee is way over the odds at 19FF and 5.25FF after running 3rd at Addington and then backing up with a second at the same venue to Milly An Eyre who won again last night.

• Like 1

R1 Lady Hilary was poorly rated in front at Addington,change of driver and can.place at good odds

R2 Somekindawonder has looked sharp and just wins

R7 Only in America is developing into a nice horse and could be at value for a place

R8 Iknow is a local with good overall form and good workout form to ready for this.Handy draw too

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Richie said:

R2 Somekindawonder has looked sharp and just wins

15 hours ago, Westview said:

Also race 2, stevie Lynn 3.80 fixed place,

Westview,

I am intrigued by Stevie Lynn, it has come in a lot on the FF. 26s into 15s. It must have some real ability? 

However, Somekindawonderful looks a good type and his workout last weekend was very strong from all accounts. Add in The Terrrorist who has drawn 3,  Laver has drawn 9 and seems a handy type too so I see it being pretty tough work from the draw for Stevie but hope the 26s comes in for the punter!

It is shaping as an interesting race. 

Seen one from trials in R2 to bump up first4 behind the hot fave.

Make Believe,watched its trial run at 3 oc this morning while watching cricket and had a bit of speed to get front then battled ok.Looks a nice type .With that experience behind him I would expect sharp improvement 

• Like 2