Bit Of A Yarn

Sammy Collett takes a dump and Punters get SCREWED!

Thomass

12 minutes ago, Thomass said:

Other UNSELFISH Punters would willingly accept a deduction when their fellow Punters have been fleeced

...BEFORE a Jock even hops aboard...

Ignorant selfish 'punters' such as you don't give a shit....we already know that

The only ignorant one here is you. I'm all for punters being treated fairly. But I'm far more interested in having integrity in racing.

And I'll be looking forward to all riders having to weigh in. Since the horse finishing last that was under weight, was never a chance for the punter - before it left the starting gates. Other unselfish punters won't mind that being a late scratching.

I like how you talk about all these unselfish punters, as if you have even half a clue. Go and ask a punter that puts $100k on a horse to place at $2 if he would be happy if the horse ran 2nd and the $1.60 horse won but weighed in light - and was declared a late scratching. Sure he would be saying. Of course I'm happy. Because I'm not selfish. Idiot.

Edited by mardigras
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, mardigras said:

I'm all for punters being treated fairly

A few decades ago! (sigh) I often brought up the subject with  the then CEO about  the need (amongst other thing like Union coverage of workers, as in au) for some form of 'punters association',  funded via 'lo$t ticket$'!!!  for various reasons 'we' could not get them to buy in...  the last one I brought it up with was Paul Buttar (sp), he good see the merit!  being a punter himself!

1 minute ago, Murray Fish said:

A few decades ago! (sigh) I often brought up the subject with  the then CEO about  the need (amongst other thing like Union coverage of workers, as in au) for some form of 'punters association',  funded via 'lo$t ticket$'!!!  for various reasons 'we' could not get them to buy in...  the last one I brought it up with was Paul Buttar (sp), he good see the merit!  being a punter himself!

I think they should do things that are fair for punters - but not reduce integrity in doing so. In this scenario, there is no guarantee that the amount paid back to punters collectively is more - if they late scratched such a runner. It could be less overall - meaning more money for the bookies.