Bit Of A Yarn

The Mot: No Triangle Tomorrow

Happy Sunrise

1 hour ago, Happy Sunrise said:

The grass track racing at Rotorua was poor and was light years removed from the quality of Banks Pen or Methven.

North Island trotting is basically without a product. They might as well shut down everywhere except Alex Park and Cambridge and become made for TV.

Only watched a couple of races from Rotorua and yes the racing was pretty average, but we all know that North Isla d harness racing is struggling in many ways!

Most of the horses are very poor that race up in the North Island nowadays, as many of the South Island cast offs are very competitive up there, whereas they wouldn’t still be racing in the South!

Motukarara Racing is always good when the track is firm, not so much when it is a bog.

15 minutes ago, eljay said:

At least they can run and finish a race first attempt - not need two goes and still not do the  job     ☝️

It was a Juniors Race Eljay.

I appreciate that we live in separate islands but you have to admit that your horses that raced yesterday in Rotorua were not exactly top of the line!

North Island Racing is going thru a hard time at the moment and probably,isn’t going to improve.

44 minutes ago, eljay said:

Hey, they were doing 2-02 to 2-03 mile rates on the grass, that's not too bad.    Sure they not Auckland class horses but they need to race somewhere.     And at least the punters get a divvy not a $1.01 ht shot.

I was thinking more in terms of the numbers and the finishes. 

Grass tracks need big fields but with only 9 or so in a few races it really contributed to lacklustre racing. Having them coming in at intervals is not exhilarating.

The calibre of horse at Mot yesterday was hardly flash either.

1 hour ago, Happy Sunrise said:

I was thinking more in terms of the numbers and the finishes. 

Grass tracks need big fields but with only 9 or so in a few races it really contributed to lacklustre racing. Having them coming in at intervals is not exhilarating.

The calibre of horse at Mot yesterday was hardly flash either.

I agree mate. Motukarrara fields were very weak, too many slow horses. In my opinion, the fields worse than the previous week at Blenheim and the fields at Waterlea were hardly flash. What has happened to Motukarara club? It doesn't seem to get the support from trainers or the public like it once did. Sign of the times?