Bit Of A Yarn

discounts

the galah

I was reading the other week about the discount Ohio licenceholders get on feed. And it got me thinking again about why is it nz racing does not have something similar. Well if there is, i'm not aware of it.

So what about starting something for the licenceholders/owners/punters/clubs/supporters .   Why don't we get 15-20c a litre of petrol like the small business i am a part of. Why don't i get 10 to 15% off animal feed products i buy from the likes of crt or pyne gould. They used to do that for me when i bought in bulk so why not when you buy in smaller amounts if your a cardholder.What about accommodation and travel,food and beverages. The list is endless. Why don't we have a card that licenceholders get issued with each year when they renew their licence and that  anyone associated with racing can get for a small fee to cover the cost of issuing it and a small fee to go to racing groups.  People would be happy to pay a basic fee if they knew they would quickly recoup it with future savings. Then you would have a data base for the people to target with racing promotions. It might be all wishful thinking but i can't see why someone like HRNZ couldn't organise it and make a bit of money on the side. Why can't it happen.

Edited by the galah
  • Like 2