NOTICE TO BOAY'ers: Major Update Coming ×
Bit Of A Yarn

Gold Coast broodmares

Peter RS

Wandered over to Bundall Magic Millions sales complex today for a quick look at the broodmares being sold. 

There is some serious money being spent here suggesting the top level players have plenty of confidence in the industry in Aussie.

Many maiden mares (at least one raced as recently as yesterday at Grafton) were being sold for heaps more than they have won in a racing career on the track. Some were ex Kiwis (a couple of Go Racing runners got huge money imo). Good luck to them, I just have trouble understanding how many of them can be “good buying”.

• Like 1

Yes I thought the price for O'Rachel, a 3 win mare at $550,00 AUD was a good price.  Maybe Reefton should aim Consensu at a Brisbane campaign next year to end at the broodmare sales.  Going by the O'Rachel result you would think she would sell for north of $1.5m AUD.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

Yes I thought the price for O'Rachel, a 3 win mare at $550,00 AUD was a good price.  Maybe Reefton should aim Consensu at a Brisbane campaign next year to end at the broodmare sales.  Going by the O'Rachel result you would think she would sell for north of $1.5m AUD.

Not my call Chief.   I only lease a share in her and others wield more influence in what she does and where she goes.   But Stephen McKee did mention a huge price ($1.3m?) they got for the first of O'Marilyn's foals over there.

Realistically if Consensus was going to stud it would be madness to send her anywhere here except possibly Savabeel.  Aussie is the only option.  Despite the hype of the NZ sales the NZ breeding game is falling well behind Aussie as well.

Having said that she is only by Postponed and despite descending from Surround(so far back she probably would not get on the sales page)  her pedigree may not be as appealing as some others to Aussie buyers

2 minutes ago, Reefton said:

Not my call Chief.   I only lease a share in her and others wield more influence in what she does and where she goes.   But Stephen McKee did mention a huge price ($1.3m?) they got for the first of O'Marilyn's foals over there.

Realistically if Consensus was going to stud it would be madness to send her anywhere here except possibly Savabeel.  Aussie is the only option.  Despite the hype of the NZ sales the NZ breeding game is falling well behind Aussie as well.

Having said that she is only by Postponed and despite descending from Surround(so far back she probably would not get on the sales page)  her pedigree may not be as appealing as some others to Aussie buyers

Perhaps however we got close to $250k at that sale for a mare by Shinko King out of a Ligiero mare over 10 years ago!  She sold herself on type and race performance.

Diademe fetches A$1.7 million

• Thu, 31 May 2018
  •  
  • NZ Racing Desk
High-class mare Diademe sold for A$1.7 million on the Gold Coast.

High-class mare Diademe sold for A$1.7 million on the Gold Coast.

Former top galloper Diademe has again made an impact in the sale ring.

The Savabeel mare, who has been served by Vancouver, was sold for A$1.7 million at the Gold Coast yesterday to the China Horse Club.

Diademe won the Gr. 1 New Zealand Thoroughbred Breeders’ Stakes during her career with trainers Murray Baker and Andrew Forsman and was subsequently sold for A$740,000. Her first foal by Fastnet Rock realised $1 million at Karaka earlier this year.

The powerful China Horse Club also went to A$680,000 to secure the former Danica Guy-trained Capella.

The Rip Van Winkle mare won the Gr. 2 Eight Carat Classic and has been served by Snitzel.

The New Zealand-bred Fastnet Rock mare Gold And Diamond, who was unraced, was purchased by Yu Long Investments for A$800,000. She has been served by I Am Invincible.

On ‎30‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 9:49 AM, Chief Stipe said:

do you think the decent price for O'Rachael also reflects that she was 3rd in a Gp 1 as a 2yo ?