Bit Of A Yarn

Addington Tips 28th

While Leaf Stride is all the rage at 1.85ff it doesn't seem to have run any time at the trials and has drawn 1. It could be a world beater but Royal Pride at 8 and 2.05, drawn 2, is a decent each way bet with race experience and is getting better, especially after his second to a good horse last week. I would imagine he would look to lead and at least run a place. Free hit at the win price since he is paying 2s for the place?

That is about all I can see tomorrow. It is rather a dry night for me but good watching.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

While Leaf Stride is all the rage at 1.85ff it doesn't seem to have run any time at the trials and has drawn 1. It could be a world beater but Royal Pride at 8 and 2.05, drawn 2, is a decent each way bet with race experience and is getting better, especially after his second to a good horse last week. I would imagine he would look to lead and at least run a place. Free hit at the win price since he is paying 2s for the place?

That is about all I can see tomorrow. It is rather a dry night for me but good watching.

Its that aussie stride corp! they invest and they do get things right! fair dinkum to them but yeah was looking at that myself!

Good call happy!

23 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

A.G.Herlihy (williamsons i know)  has a great record with these owners,!  matty on board !   (my fav!)   I would need $3 even from the fiscal rapists,  but from 1 Happy`s found the in!    wonder what they will throw up on the winsurance?

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Remember Happy I was trying to get stats for Phil at Addington for punting purposes, for the last 3 years you take out Majestic Man he's only got a handful of wins from at my approximation 120 starters which is ridiculously low..... an awful lot of placings though but when I punt them you've got to remember most of his mid grade trotters win a lot down south but come to Addington and consistently finish 2nd to 5th .

Compare that to when Brad when he comes to Addington, hes got a great strike rate.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

What a great drive from Mark Purdon on Self Assured.

I think the Cup is over for the South Island horses. Only Copy That is the unknown.

What we can probably safely say is that the other stables will be running for minor placings at best.

You never know though with the standing starts as to What you are going to get on the day!

Hopefully everyone is allowed oncourse  as it will be catastrophic for the club otherwise, as we all have  to be very wary of this killer virus!