Bit Of A Yarn

Show Day Futurity Market

I have been following the movement for this race as the TAB has had this market open for awhile but it contains a few horses who are no longer eligible to make the final based on the qualifying conditions such as Gayle Force, who has not (or cannot) start twice at Addington between the August 2nd and October 22nd period.

Also, BK Swy, for the same reason. BK is starting at Oamaru tomorrow so if it won people might think it is worth backing at the 51s. Add in Harrison and Texas Tara too.

Five Star General who is at the prohibitive odds of 9FF has to start next Thursday to get the entrance qualification to the final, as does Gopati, Sneak a Peek and Midfrew Luisianabeau .Tread carefully.

And Jake is second on the points table and qualified, ran recent seconds behind Koenigsegg and Just Holla is at 101FF. Obviously written off or the TAB know something.

Edited by Happy Sunrise

So BK Swy roars home for 2nd today and the TAB drops  it from 51FF to 26FF for the Show Day Futurity final but why is it even in the market!

It is obviously paid the $115 entry fee so is on the points table  but this condition below precludes it from starting.

A horse must have paid the enrolment fee of $115 (GST Inclusive) and have also started at least twice at a NZMTC meeting in the period 2 August 2020 to 22 October 2020 to be eligible to start in the Show Day Futurity Series Race on 13 November 2020

Well, BK Swy, has not started at Addington between these dates and there is only Thursday night left so it will have only started once at best. The TAB entice people to back a horse which is not in my reading of the rules eligible. I actually think the stablemate Midfrew Luisianabeau was being set for the race until its late vet scratching last week.

Could a person challenge the TAB if they had put a bet on BK Swy for the futurity today when it will never be in the race?

Jake remains 101ff!

image.thumb.png.b193c730c6adba091d25cbad4e5a73a3.png

• Champ Post 2

15 minutes ago, Rusty said:

Thanks for the heads up on this Happy. I have had some good collects from ole Jake, so have put a few gold coins on him at 101s! 

I am not sure why Jake is at 101s. Doesn't make sense when those horses who will not be eligible to qualify are much lower. Maybe the TAB know something but why bother paying the nom fee if Jake is not going to start. He has come on leaps and bounds recently.

The odds for the final are all over the place. 

Gopati, Five Star General and Midfrew Luisianbeau are all fronting on Thursday to meet the criteria.

The active participants on the points table fighting to get a start are those 3 with a few others....who might be worth backing on the weekend 😁

• 2 weeks later...

Beyond Words was taken out of the market as it is not nominated for the futurity. Odds were changed accordingly.

Now, despite not being nominated it is back in the market with a doubtful next to its name.

image.png.8543f267e6e41d5c98c45110dba15755.png

How can a horse be in a market in which it is not even nominated for?

The clarifications around the race include:

A horse that has met the selection criteria for this race must still be nominated for this race with the Club. 

Selection Preference will go to eligible horses Nominated at the original closing time.

Well, Beyond Words is not nominated and if selection preference goes to eligible horses then it shouldn't be in the Futurity as it is over subscribed already.

When Beyond Words was not nominated and taken out of the odds, punters would have made the fair assumption Beyond Words was not going to start and bet on Gopati and other favourites accordingly.

What is happening? My guess is the democrats are messing with the nominations......JK 😀