Bit Of A Yarn

Four! Or is it Fore?!

Chief Stipe

FORE!

But this was the call of the Great Northern Steeplechase jockeys, not the golfers.

Why golfers were permitted on-course inside the Ellerslie racecourse on Saturday is another matter but this is not a good look, to say the least.

There is a popular pitch and putt course there and having hit an errant shot over the guard rail onto the steeplechase course the golfer thought he’d meander out can collect his ball.

golf1jpg.jpg

golf2jpg.jpg

The golfer reacted about 50m before the horses got to him and all jockeys were able to avoid him.

"We were all yelling at him, he obviously was more interested in his ball than the race," jockey Shaun Fannin, who was leading the race on Magic Wonder, and went on to win the iconic steeplechase was reported as saying.

"When he heard us and saw us coming, he started pointing at his ball to show us what he was doing there.

"But we just wanted him to get the hell out of the way.

"Really, that is something you never expect to see during a race."

Respected race commentator George Simon was less forgiving, labelling the lost golfer an "absolute dickhead," in his call of the race.

I actually like Guerin as a presenter , but why is he fronting a galloping review show , doesn't front any race days . I am sure he has galloping knowledge but i don't see the codes mixing personnel in other jurisdictions . Or as i said yesterday , everybody has to be a bit of a jack of all trades .

Don't see Radley or Dufficy reviewing harness or grey's .