Bit Of A Yarn

How Humbling and Appreciated

Clarkie

Tomorrow,  a  friend of mine is travelling  a round trip  of many , many, kilometers ,  meeting half way in conjunction  with an Addoption Agency   "Supreme"    to pick up a foster greyhound that has been transported from another Foster home in the Sth Island!!..  This lucky  greyhound girl which DOES NOT have a Prefix of        "BIG TIME"       will be so well looked after but will pose a problem, as she will join another unknown  female bitch . The loving person offering help will have to a part  from working ( Full Time ), have to  cater for potential problems most would not even think about or comprehend...  " RENDLE", as I have stated many times before.. You Are ..  Truly an  ...Arshole....You could not care a fuck for dog or Foe....What about the litter you had a reputable family  handle and break in?... On getting the report they were not going to make it... What was your Response  ? and what happened to them ?  And what is going to happen to the 700 dogs the Master says he is training at present.. Thats more than we can handle for adoption.. So What Is Going To Happen To THEM????    You Both ARE destroying, the sport that has been around for Years and Years .. 

• Like 2

On the vino again,  Clarkie ? !!        From my [very limited] experience of the rehoming efforts made by GRNZ and the various agencies,  they do a grand job of fostering, educating and placing.

My boy has settled in so well, he has a companion dog which may have helped, I know some prefer to have no other pets but he has been a very uncomplicated bloke.

In fact he gave himself a Christmas dinner of whitebait patties left on the table...a masterful effort as  they were extricated from behind a half open bottle of rum-and-coke, a date loaf and various plates and cutlery without moving a thing.   Just the patties.

• Like 1

Morning Freda and best whishes to you. What a lucky fella  getting a whitebait pattie :)  My bitch is  definately not with the rehomers or GRNZ overseeing the fostering they all do, a fantastic job. my concern is with the Big Time operation that is  killing the sport off. Cole recently when closed down for a short time due to Kennel Cough complained he had 700 dogs on the property  and hardly ever seeing a Big Time dog up for adoption I question what happens to them when they retire. This partnership of Cole / Rendle continue to breed  huge numbers and are dominating mainly the C.D. to an extent the racing is just a farce. The N.Z.G.R. board should be seriously looking at and acting to rectify the imbalances in my opinion. Maybe Freda if you knew the full story starting from when Rendle was chairman of the board and manipulating his future current involvment it might be a little clearer as to why there is so much angst. Licenced persons ,thanks to Rendle are not permitted under some contractual clause to state publicly there concerns which is a form of black mail. I believe Cole was given free dog food when he was closed down recently and I wonder if any other owner / trainer was offered the same favours.. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Clarkie said:

. I believe Cole was given free dog food when he was closed down recently and I wonder if any other owner / trainer was offered the same favours

The board has agreed that GRNZ will assist any kennel that has to stand down for the 10days with food costs. In order to receive this assistance please contact GRNZ head office.

just answering your question .

3 hours ago, fur que said:

The board has agreed that GRNZ will assist any kennel that has to stand down for the 10days with food costs. In order to receive this assistance please contact GRNZ head office.

just answering your question .

But they didn't give it to all did they

12 hours ago, fur que said:

Don't know , just pointed out what was posted on GRNZ site 

Yes but they also called people and asked if 200 would be enough for 40 dogs for 10 days do you think that would go far

Edited by Mehe

12 minutes ago, Mehe said:

Yes but they also called people and asked if 200 would be enough for 40 dogs for 10 days do you think that would go far

$200? Surely that was meant to be a joke. Id spend $40 on my retired dogs food a week. Let alone 40 racedogs

Edited by Jacob