Bit Of A Yarn

Geez what has Gai's little boy Tom been smoking?

Chief Stipe

Tom Waterhouse slammed for weird Christmas posts alongside models and goats

Tom Waterhouse had an unusual Christmas.
Tom Waterhouse had an unusual Christmas.Source: Twitter

The Waterhouse family must do things a little differently to the rest of us.

Tom Waterhouse — the son of famous bookmaker Robbie Waterhouse and legendary horse trainer Gai Waterhouse — confused everyone on the internet with a seriously weird social media post wishing his followers a merry Christmas.

There wasn’t a leg of ham to be seen as the former bookie turned racing insider instead posed with animals — including goats and what looks like an alpaca — as well as a handful of women in bikinis to simply say: “From my family to yours, wishing you all Merry Christmas.”

Waterhouse is wearing a suit holding a goat out in the countryside, while the women behind him are all wearing flannelette shirts and keeping animals under control. Two of them are wearing wide-brimmed hats.

In another post, Waterhouse is wearing a different suit and sitting at the head of a table, in front of platters of fruit and a couple of trophies. In this image, four women stand around him, one appearing to hold a napkin for him, while a rabbit lies on the table.

The caption reads: “Good times in Happy Valley.”

The replies to Waterhouse’s posts ranged from bemused, to confused, to downright savage. Many users tweeted “WTF” in response. One wrote: “Seen some bizarre s**t on Twitter this year but this takes the cake and chocolates too.”

Another added: “What the hell is going on in this photo?”

Bizarrely, Waterhouse retweeted hundreds of replies to his photos — be they positive or negative. He retweeted people calling him a marketing genius for generating such a stir, he retweeted those criticising him for such a tactless photo and he retweeted people making fun of him for a bungled attempt to somehow look cool.

Whatever the point of it all, it seems all Waterhouse wants for Christmas is for Australia to be talking about him.

Gamms you grabbed my attention as your comment popped up in sidebar. What's this Karrots thinks. Click bait but no. 

I do not know this person, nor heard of etc. So do not know any background history or anything.

Taking it, just looking at pic, based on that, it's different, but doesn't offend me in the slightest. The models have shirts on and hats as well as bikinis. 1 of the girls has her eyes shut. 1 is looking down and away from camera.

I read that it's part of a video, if that is correct. Might make more sense when the video comes out. 

People get ruffled up easy hey. 

39 minutes ago, Karrots said:

Gamms you grabbed my attention as your comment popped up in sidebar. What's this Karrots thinks. Click bait but no. 

I do not know this person, nor heard of etc. So do not know any background history or anything.

Taking it, just looking at pic, based on that, it's different, but doesn't offend me in the slightest. The models have shirts on and hats as well as bikinis. 1 of the girls has her eyes shut. 1 is looking down and away from camera.

I read that it's part of a video, if that is correct. Might make more sense when the video comes out. 

People get ruffled up easy hey. 

Haha , yeah I'm all for a bit of fun . He's just doing something fun to say Merry Christmas. ! 

Harsh business taking peoples money as a bookmaker ,so guess he builds up critics.

The Chinese a Lucky too. Lucky number 8.  So Karrots we have CAULFIELD RACE 8 , Number 8  !!! , to be ridden by a young lady, who is Best Jock in Victoria, leading the table currently. Horse went brilliantly last start in a G2. I am hoping She gets the Reward of a Win today.!!!  fingers crossed.

16 minutes ago, Gammalite said:

Haha , yeah I'm all for a bit of fun . He's just doing something fun to say Merry Christmas. ! 

Harsh business taking peoples money as a bookmaker ,so guess he builds up critics.

The Chinese a Lucky too. Lucky number 8.  So Karrots we have CAULFIELD RACE 8 , Number 8  !!! , to be ridden by a young lady, who is Best Jock in Victoria, leading the table currently. Horse went brilliantly last start in a G2. I am hoping She gets the Reward of a Win today.!!!  fingers crossed.

Ok that makes sense, so more taking issue with the person oppose the picture. Or maybe a combo haha. 

I see I'm on the gallop chat, oh hello everyone. Just a quick hi and bye.

Speaking gallops everyone has gone off to Ellerslie, all dressed up. Nice day for it, slight bit of wind, but sunny out. Karrots took a rain check. So home alone - flicking between Netflix and Ellerslie and ABOAY 😁

• Like 1