Bit Of A Yarn

any longshot tips for today 10 to 1 over

wally

1 hour ago, barryb said:

PS: Shes just asked me if I have eaten any of the chocolates she left behind, I have eaten the farking lot, tomorrow I have to hide the evidence and buy a next box. Boy has this world changed for the bloke.

gees you better back a winner tomorrow to buy a box whats the early mail for tomorrow

1 hour ago, barryb said:

its not a case of going off the rails TC, the unrealistic expectations of  punters never fazes me, hero or zero is always the case. Would be far different if I charged for the advice. I dont know how a guy like Des has the front to offer tips knowing full well that anyone following them has lost thier shirt.

omen bet for you tomorrow  meeting12 race 2 no. 5 marching orders   i think thats whats going to happen if you dont replace those chocolates

2 hours ago, mardigras said:

What's the point in trying to have a debate or discussion on anything. 

I have a question the NSW/VIC TAB when they display the pools on Hong Kong racing these include International pools approx 24 million is invested on average on nearly every race at Sha Tin

6.7million Win 

5.8million Place

5.7 million Quinella

5.2 million Duet

1.6 million Trifecta ...as an example

Im guessing that’s 24 million Hong Kong dollars???? Which equates to approx 4 million Aussie per race surely that’s not 24 million Aus per race???

9 hours ago, Ghost said:

I have a question the NSW/VIC TAB when they display the pools on Hong Kong racing these include International pools approx 24 million is invested on average on nearly every race at Sha Tin

6.7million Win 

5.8million Place

5.7 million Quinella

5.2 million Duet

1.6 million Trifecta ...as an example

Im guessing that’s 24 million Hong Kong dollars???? Which equates to approx 4 million Aussie per race surely that’s not 24 million Aus per race???

I would say that is A$. They average around HK$150m per race.

Definitely Oz$ I think.

Not a 10+/1 shot but I like Hunting Horn, #4, in the 10th at Belmont today. Just backed at 7/2 (with 8% rebate). I make it about a 5/2 chance.

Just had a look at the NZTAB and I still can't work out what they are doing with US racing. Early races listed as abandoned and no odds for any of the later races nearly half way through the meet. Bookies probably still at Sunday brunch I guess.

Edited by curious
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, mardigras said:

NZ can't aspire to that, but what they could do is at least operate in a way which is focused on what NZ does offer. Rather than continual promotion of everything non-NZ and then wonder why NZ interest has rapidly dwindled.

Agree but hard to focus on mostly crap product though, aside from some sports.

6 minutes ago, curious said:

Agree but hard to focus on mostly crap product though, aside from some sports.

True, but the idea goes hand in hand with actually investing in what it is you are trying to support rather than just aiming at obtaining revenue from where-ever and ignoring what it is you are there for.

12 hours ago, Newmarket said:

Barry, 

Think Wally was only havin a laugh when you said pm you for bank acc details. By your response, it seems you had horror day on punt, relax me old mate.

Mardigras, can’t see where anyone has complained about tips? As I’ve stated, for some spending just a couple of bucks on a sat, it’s intetesting to see people’s picks. 

Newie, I have stacks of losing days, many of them complete wipeouts.

I expect them and what’s more No one could tell whether I have had a winning or losing day as nothing about me changes.

My long term s/r 12.7%  ave divi $10.39 and POT 31.5%. max run of outs is 46

I do not do traditional form,  far far to many punters focus on a horses last start, I don’t care what it’s done at it’s last start as I don’t look at it other than for what influence it will have on pricing.

The best advice I can give and it’s the question I ask myself every time. Is there something in the horses past that suggests it can do what I am expecting it to do today. My last big winner was Itsagem on Thurs at Wang at $51, it had 4 0’s in its recent form.  

• Like 5

4 hours ago, barryb said:

Newie, I have stacks of losing days, many of them complete wipeouts.

I expect them and what’s more No one could tell whether I have had a winning or losing day as nothing about me changes.

My long term s/r 12.7%  ave divi $10.39 and POT 31.5%. max run of outs is 46

I do not do traditional form,  far far to many punters focus on a horses last start, I don’t care what it’s done at it’s last start as I don’t look at it other than for what influence it will have on pricing.

The best advice I can give and it’s the question I ask myself every time. Is there something in the horses past that suggests it can do what I am expecting it to do today. My last big winner was Itsagem on Thurs at Wang at $51, it had 4 0’s in its recent form.  

Go back 20 years, before offshore accounts, and just NZ tab, no fixed odds. 

How did your betting go back then? Just out of curiosity. 

Nowhere near as good as it does today, fixed odds & the internet have revolutionised gambling for sure.

I opened my first Aussie account about 15yrs ago with International All Sports (Mark Read) & used dial up all Saturday, no one could ever get through to us at home as I lived on the net in the weekends.

Unlike Thomas, I have listened and learn't from some very smart people about approaching things differently, no form punting has become the norm for me in the last 10 yrs and today I cannot be bothered even attempting to look at form and decide who is the best chance. My entire focus now is on finding/working out the best possible price, I can find the best horse to back in a given race in a min or 2 then spend 20 mins working on the best price I can obtain.

Learning from mistakes and self analysing is a life long task and applies to punting as much as anything else.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, barryb said:

Here you go Wally

Pak race 2  5 Marching Orders

Grafton race 1 2 Dia Vernon

thanks barry i tipped you marching orders last night in jest             omen bet for you tomorrow  meeting12 race 2 no. 5 marching orders   i think thats whats going to happen if you dont replace those chocolates

Edited by wally