Bit Of A Yarn

any longshot tips for today 10 to 1 over

wally

47 minutes ago, wally said:

tommy any tips on how to play the tab match 3

US Open ..is that Maria...they promo'd Maria before on ESPN and apparently sex sells their ratings...and Maria agreed to flick the hair after a wash and condition

just get on

IMG_0376.JPG

Thomas got heaps - blinkers on - winkers off - hood worn to gates - jockey in white undies - trainer had only one starter - drew 28 with rail our 4 metres - finished 5th last start - wasn't raining - no earthquakes in wellington

Simple really - don't know how I missed it

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

32 minutes ago, Turny said:

Thomas got heaps - blinkers on - winkers off - hood worn to gates - jockey in white undies - trainer had only one starter - drew 28 with rail our 4 metres - finished 5th last start - wasn't raining - no earthquakes in wellington

Simple really - don't know how I missed it

I missed the Jockey in white undies one.

I am guessing that's a confidence thing that they can go all day without making a mark. Please guide me as to where on the NZ racing site undie colour is listed.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, barryb said:

I am guessing that's a confidence thing that they can go all day without making a mark. Please guide me as to where on the NZ racing site undie colour is listed.

In Thomas's book - 101successful punting - page 65

26 minutes ago, barryb said:

Yeahhh sure is a confidence thing that should be factored into your pricing. If you click on the runner, then gear and scroll to the right you should see the undie colour. Not sure how the stipes check the declaration is being complied with. They probably do it like they check for weight bags and just flip up the saddle cloth.

Edited by curious
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, curious said:

Yeahhh sure is a confidence thing that should be factored into your pricing. If you click on the runner, then gear and scroll to the right you should see the undie colour. Not sure how the stipes check the declaration is being complied with. They probably do it like they check for weight bags and just flip up the saddle cloth.

That is bloody awesome, glad I read about this. But I still need some help Curious, what % do I apply to white to factor in my pricing? is it 20% like Thomass uses for blinkers?.

So I am taking from this, a 3yr old after Xmas (20%) with blinkers (20%), who raced first up on a heavy 11 (20%), drawn 15  with the rail in the true (20%), 4kg claiming Apprentice with lacy (more % for females I am guessing by Tanks constant obsession) white undies (20% or 30% for female riders, drop blinkers to 10% for female riders) is as good as you can get.

who knew, just get on.

Edited by barryb

44 minutes ago, barryb said:

That is bloody awesome, glad I read about this. But I still need some help Curious, what % do I apply to white to factor in my pricing? is it 20% like Thomass uses for blinkers?.

So I am taking from this, a 3yr old after Xmas (20%) with blinkers (20%), who raced first up on a heavy 11 (20%), drawn 15  with the rail in the true (20%), 4kg claiming Apprentice with lacy (more % for females I am guessing by Tanks constant obsession) white undies (20% or 30% for female riders, drop blinkers to 10% for female riders) is as good as you can get.

who knew, just get on.

skid marks add an extra 10 per cent

9 hours ago, barryb said:

F--king seriously Mardi must have no idea if he is not following Tank's lead here.

Brilliant theories they all may be. Bur for me, the big problem is having to look into so many things.

Looking up undie colour, gear changes, the age of the horse and when it last raced in Black Type. 

But they are relatively simple,  however it must take ages watching every single race many times to pick out the ones that were 'unlucky', affected by being wide, looked like they were sleepy that day, jockey made a cock-up. Every horse, every race to see what adjustments need to be made from those runs to any start it has in the future - to adjust for it, or for when I'm looking to find excuses for a failed run.

And then to still lose from all that would be just another kick in the guts.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, mardigras said:

Brilliant theories they all may be. Bur for me, the big problem is having to look into so many things.

Looking up undie colour, gear changes, the age of the horse and when it last raced in Black Type. 

But they are relatively simple,  however it must take ages watching every single race many times to pick out the ones that were 'unlucky', affected by being wide, looked like they were sleepy that day, jockey made a cock-up. Every horse, every race to see what adjustments need to be made from those runs to any start it has in the future - to adjust for it, or for when I'm looking to find excuses for a failed run.

And then to still lose from all that would be just another kick in the guts.

And here's moi thinking the lock up had changed your meds...guess they take a while to work

Moi's 'niches' of back up fit horses, black type, superior form back to not so...

Does not require all neddys to be scrutinised...if they suit my high standard 'form analysis' I rely on said neddys to be getting the job done...

...at value...

running 1500 simulations on neddys with no chance like you do...only wastes your pc's time...

...and spits out shit like SENASSY at 80's...

needs a grease and oil change by the looks

1 hour ago, Poisoned Dwarf said:

With Opie, Kelly and Ems all passing judgement ?

Emms...did you mention Emms....moi's and many others HOT English Rose??

How damn HOT and intelligent did she look on Awards night...doing the interviews

...and the old broilers...your words wharf...

..boiling up with jealousy

KFE's been so busy this spring...she didn't have time to change out of her spa pool costume...

Meanwhile Emms...with the off the shoulder number...is absolutely STUNNING

...and no buby bump yet...

...is Opee shooting blanks at the range or concentrating on weight loss far too much?

I should put in an offer if he is...

IMG_0380.JPG

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Thomass said:

And here's moi thinking the lock up had changed your meds...guess they take a while to work

Moi's 'niches' of back up fit horses, black type, superior form back to not so...

Does not require all neddys to be scrutinised...if they suit my high standard 'form analysis' I rely on said neddys to be getting the job done...

...at value...

running 1500 simulations on neddys with no chance like you do...only wastes your pc's time...

...and spits out shit like SENASSY at 80's...

needs a grease and oil change by the looks

The real difference however is that one method works and yours doesn't. 

You tried to show everyone before the races once. 0/8 winners all at low odds. Pretty solid evidence right there.

Along with the myriad of evidence that the blue print is totally for morons.

• Haha 1

On a winning run, let's have another go.

Ashburton R2 #12 Baby Menaka. Currently $34 at Bet Easy. Trials performer incl. win before debut 13 Aug. 2018. Race improved her and next start jumped well, settled off pace, blocked for run straight before changing to inside and made a brief run before fading. Has ability, trained by John and Karen Parsons and Cory Campbell rides. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, FeelTheFear said:

On a winning run, let's have another go.

Ashburton R2 #12 Baby Menaka. Currently $34 at Bet Easy. Trials performer incl. win before debut 13 Aug. 2018. Race improved her and next start jumped well, settled off pace, blocked for run straight before changing to inside and made a brief run before fading. Has ability, trained by John and Karen Parsons and Cory Campbell rides. 

Jesus mate, your on fire. I should look on here before i place bets. Please dont tell me you didnt back it?