Bit Of A Yarn

After 8 months posting on this site.

mikeynz

Gee one can spend a lot of time here but I started posting about the time they made those big changes and it's just gone on from there,some of my observations are that there is still plenty of life left but here is some of my observations ideas

Watching trackside at the moment,coverage of the 3 local meetings is ok but no on course presenters is a step back but they all cost to run these services.Once the NZ content is over hardly worth watching but then they are only showing what's being sent down the line.

Those who are working on trackside are doing more hours,lucky to have a job I guess,but working from a studio cant be such a thrill

No radio is a turn off,the rova app simulcast is shabby,they need a decent coverage on days like today during our racedays,cut out all the meaningless crap,I see a aussie company is trying to buy the trackside frequencys so maybe something will happen sometime,trackside radio dont need to be 24 and 7,just when necessary.Many must miss it when going about their daily lives.

Even though racings not running crash hot,numbers are pretty darn good but there are some racedays like one today that should be under review,probably a bit of overkill,sometimes maybe dual code meetings,one tomorrow that might go ok.

Gee I could sit here all day but it's interesting sharing comments about issues,8 months after starting here though where has that time gone,Happy new year everyone.

• Like 4

Sure is!

Your enthusiasm is admirable - but I get the feeling that as time has gone on and you have had the chance to read some of the material from other posters, that you are starting to realise how parlous is the state of NZ racing.

All the effort and logical thought in the world can do nought when NZTR hold the whip hand all the way.

• Like 2

The coverage from aussie is a sawn down version in regards to screening races,it started during lockdown,we followed,in reality the coverage of both radio and tv was probably not sustainable in that format,after all radio sport closed up,and they probably had more audience ,advertising etc etc,something will happen I guess in a more sustainable form.