Bit Of A Yarn

TAB NZ - Fixed Odds Exotics - how far away? Here NOW!

Chief Stipe

Has TAB NZ had Fixed Odds Exotics (Quin, Tri, Treb, Quad, F4) available to the general public before?  I noticed this page on the TAB site today.  Not sure when it was first published - note to TAB - documents should be posted with a date!  Note the broken image links which go back to a Google Docs account.

image.png

When will you learn?

The Woeful TAB don't give a flying f about your questions....

ian.long@tab.co.nz may answer your undoubtably superb query...but probs not...

You could try hard...though...do it...

Just like your opposition has invited Macca to answer personally....

Tell Longo you want to do the same here...

• 1 month later...
  • Chief Stipe changed the title to TAB NZ - Fixed Odds Exotics - how far away? Here NOW!
21 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

I see there are Fixed Odds on Exotics available today.  Even an Exacta!

When did they "sneak" these options in?  I guess the BGP freebie "practice" went well!

image.png

They had them at trots a couple weeks ago.I took  screen shots of all trifecta fixed odds for all races  an hour before first race and  out of 9 or 10 races at Auckland that night FO trifectas were well under tote odds but were changed close to start time to be about same as tote would pay.None paid more than tote from what I could see

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Richie said:

They had them at trots a couple weeks ago.I took  screen shots of all trifecta fixed odds for all races  an hour before first race and  out of 9 or 10 races at Auckland that night FO trifectas were well under tote odds but were changed close to start time to be about same as tote would pay.None paid more than tote from what I could see

I can't see how they will return more revenue to the TAB.  It is just another way increasing the risk of loss for the TAB and cannibalises the Tote exotics.

I'd been keen to hear the view of those who think the opposite and the reasons why.

7 minutes ago, Richie said:

Does it really matter what the odds are?you take the odds on offer at the time,sometimes you win sometimes not.

last week I  picked a horse fixed odds,it was 7.50 all week basically ,started about 5.50 on the tote,closed at about 6.60 on tote,no change on fixed,it is what it is.

At the end of the day you know what you are going to win, just to add I wonder if there is a reduction for late scratching does anybody know?

Edited by mikeynz

20 minutes ago, mikeynz said:

Does it really matter what the odds are?you take the odds on offer at the time,sometimes you win sometimes not.

Are you taking the piss?  Of course it matters what the odds are otherwise how do you determine the value of a particular bet? To take your approach to its extreme there would be no point in advertising (displaying) what any horse was paying!