Bit Of A Yarn

Hollie Wynyard ???

curious

18 hours ago, Integrity said:

Don't blame the trainers in the least . Some of the on-board fraudsters could be told a lot worse . Previously have had " said jockey " ride a last start winner and notable backrunning stayer ridden as a front runner at  a cut throat pace until the horse compounded and when jockey was confronted about the ride said jock whe returning the colours in a bag explained that there was a small rip in the colours . In reality the colours had been purposefully ripped up both side seams to the armpits .  Rob Heathcoate should be congradualted for expressing his displeasure and the powers that be should pull there heads in and focus their priorities elsewhere .

It's not about what he said in private....

He taped it to be the big shot in front of his owners who then plastered it on social media...

...bringing racing into disrepute

Imagine if ALL post race smack talk by big shot Trainers who haven't ridden a donkey let alone a fast Thoroughbred are plastered on social media...

Itd be a shit show 

15 hours ago, Huey said:

also related to that , I've heard a few murmurs about the stipe in question also and her lack of empathy for those dealing with the horse, so in this instance perhaps its not as clear cut as its made out to be. Not sure if she hasn't had any experience with horses particularly before races or not , but maybe she could take the opportunity to lead a big strong 3yo Exceed and Excel filly around the bird cage before its asked to do its thing on the race track.

I think you are referring to the Stipe and not Holly.  I think part of the problem is the standard of our stipe's in terms of horsemanship and practical knowledge of racing has slipped considerably from years gone by.  Add to that the loss of respect arising from some very dubious and inconsistent RIU work and you can expect some reaction from those with real skin in the game.

Perhaps the only fault Holly has is her choice of language and a lack of restraint in expressing what a helluva lot of stakeholders are thinking.  Of course the RIU management won't be reviewing their staff will they?

BTW where is Goober  Godber?  Is he working on the new super RIU and his next promotion and pay rise?

9 minutes ago, Thomass said:

He taped it to be the big shot in front of his owners who then plastered it on social media...

You really are a sensitive little soul aren't you little Tommy.

How does asking "Why the fuck did you do that?" bring racing into disrepute?

10 minutes ago, Thomass said:

Imagine if ALL post race smack talk by big shot Trainers who haven't ridden a donkey let alone a fast Thoroughbred are plastered on social media...

Might make racing more interesting.  BTW Heathcote has more horsemanship skills and results in racing than you'll ever have.  

36 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

I think you are referring to the Stipe and not Holly.  I think part of the problem is the standard of our stipe's in terms of horsemanship and practical knowledge of racing has slipped considerably from years gone by.  Add to that the loss of respect arising from some very dubious and inconsistent RIU work and you can expect some reaction from those with real skin in the game.

Perhaps the only fault Holly has is her choice of language and a lack of restraint in expressing what a helluva lot of stakeholders are thinking.  Of course the RIU management won't be reviewing their staff will they?

BTW where is Goober  Godber?  Is he working on the new super RIU and his next promotion and pay rise?

Goober is hiding behind the door so he doesn't have to make any decisions...easy or hard,all the same to him...just stay out of the way, say/do nothing and collect the $$$. Nothing has changed there has it?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

Yes the Stipe

5 hours ago, Thomass said:

It's not about what he said in private....

Itd be a shit show 

It is a shit show m8 . 

23 hours ago, Horace said:

Goober is hiding behind the door so he doesn't have to make any decisions...easy or hard,all the same to him...just stay out of the way, say/do nothing and collect the $$$. Nothing has changed there has it?

Too true...especially now he has ZERO public profile after Earleys weekly radio 'interviews' are gonnnne

Even though Earily was constantly pissing in his pocket with patsy questions...

There's NO ACCOUNTABILITY now...

I said as much on twitter to them and guess what they replied?

They BLOCKED me!

F them

No skin off my ass...

I merely use a mates account to see what VERY AVERAGE b/s they care to mention

BTW check out Racing Vvic Stipes account then compare the RIU's for punting info

WOEFUL is praisiing them...some days a punter wouldn't know a meetings on if you followed RIU's

• 2 weeks later...

Heathcote’s ‘F-bomb’ spray fine quashed but fight goes on

Heathcote’s ‘F-bomb’ spray fine quashed but fight goes on
Trainer Robert Heathcote. Pic: AAP.
Ben Dorries
Article Author
Ben Dorries

Rob Heathcote’s penalty for a misconduct charge has been downgraded from a fine to a reprimand but that hasn’t altered his determination to appeal the decision.

The Courier-Mail revealed last month the multiple Group 1 winning Brisbane trainer was fined $500, half of which was suspended, after stewards found him guilty of a charge which falls under the category of conduct detrimental to the interests of racing.

Heathcote did not deny saying “f--- you’ to Mark Du Plessis in a frustrated debrief at Eagle Farm when the trainer believed Du Plessis did not follow instructions to lead when Stuttering finished third as the $3.40 second favourite in a race on February 6.

But Heathcote was adamant no one else on course heard his remarks and it was not a personal attack on the jockey, which the trainer taped on his phone and sent to Stuttering’s owners and was subsequently leaked on social media.

At the time Heathcote, an 11-time Group 1 winner, vowed to fight the guilty finding and the penalty and said his remarks were a private post-race conversation and on principle believed he had broken no rules.

The internal review into the Queensland stewards decision has now been completed with the review finding: “Original decision of charge confirmed, penalty amended – reprimand.”

Despite having the fine quashed, Heathcote has indicated he still plans to take the matter further to QCAT as a matter of principle as the guilty finding has remained and he insists he is not guilty of anything.

Brisbane stewards only became aware of the matter when a 49-second audio clip of the exchange was circulated on social media.