Bit Of A Yarn

Race 3 Inquiry Te Aroha - how the hell did they uphold that one?!

Chief Stipe

5 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

Geez if you look a that the head on video sure Extortion moves in but at no stage did it touch the third horse or take its line.  I can understand putting the second horse out because it did hit it and take its line.  But I can't see why Extortion was relegated.

image.png

Exactly , just said so on the other thread , winner didn't cause the damage , i'm spewing , backed it at 14s , thought oh well i'm sweet , absolutely spewing . Amatuer hour .

1 minute ago, nomates said:

Exactly , just said so on the other thread , winner didn't cause the damage , i'm spewing , backed it at 14s , thought oh well i'm sweet , absolutely spewing . Amatuer hour .

Sure the Extortion moved in but didn't take the line or touch the other horse.  Whereas the inside horse ran out heaps AND hit the other horse and took its line!  

I guess the relegated horse is aptly named - Extortion!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

Sure the Extortion moved in but didn't take the line or touch the other horse.  Whereas the inside horse ran out heaps AND hit the other horse and took its line!  

I guess the relegated horse is aptly named - Extortion!

Well i consider myself  pretty objective when it comes to a relegation , i know when my bet is in trouble , but this one has me pissed off . Looking forward to the stewards report .

They have just shown it again and i have no idea why the winner was relegated , the inside horse cannoned into the middle horse which connoned into Extortion , he at no stage contacted the winner of his volition , it was all inside out , unbelievable decision , the connections of Extortion have been delt a rough one , along with all the punters that backed this horse late from 14s to 8s .

• Like 1

The stewards report is out and all they say is Extortion shifted in at the 50mtrs and contacted , but he did not contact the 3rd horse , the 3rd horse contacted him after being smashed from the inside . Well that's what i see , maybe i need specsavers , again .

I just don't get what they have seen , a horse can move all over the place as long as it's not contacting or dictating another horses line , neither of which Extortion done .

19 minutes ago, nomates said:

The stewards report is out and all they say is Extortion shifted in at the 50mtrs and contacted , but he did not contact the 3rd horse , the 3rd horse contacted him after being smashed from the inside . Well that's what i see , maybe i need specsavers , again .

I just don't get what they have seen , a horse can move all over the place as long as it's not contacting or dictating another horses line , neither of which Extortion done .

There is a slight touch of the Shaun Mackay's boot onto Extortion but certainly no loss of momentum.  As you say all the impeding action came from the inside and when you look at the head on there was ample room for the horse to get through but the collision came from inside. Superdonna barely changed its line if at all!

A very wrong decision.

Racing Te Aroha 2021-10-04.pdf

• Like 1