Bit Of A Yarn

Trackside hosts talking shit!

4 minutes ago, Karrots said:

Ok I get your drift but watch out for Chief, he will be patrolling nearby and in here like flash. Guess he has to, with certain allegations need evidence, but I do get your drift.

But it seems not Whale whom the topic is about.

Thank you again for your positivity re Jewels and joining in. You will be the count person on the day.

Ill be thinking of more promotions for the day to help them, might even present a super cool video for THEM to PROMOTE but depends on a few things hehe.

Of course, but never thought was good look for TAB having tipline line operators presenting. Just made Trackside look fishy, open to any old rumor appearing. Plus, created potential Conflict Interest issues.   

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Gospel of Judas said:

Of course, but never thought was good look for TAB having tipline line operators presenting. Just made Trackside look fishy, open to any old rumor appearing. Plus, created potential Conflict Interest issues.   

Wait Gospel, I had an answer to your post, but OMG it must of been posted on another thread. EEck. Like the Brods one.

2 hours ago, Gospel of Judas said:

Gospel, you are correct.

Nothing personal!

However,  from what I have heard, Craig is allowed to bet early with the Bookies, not sure what his restrictions are!

Secondly, he charges punters for his tips on his Whale Hotline, which you would imagine should be the same gorses that he has already backed and shortened the odds!

Finally, he tips on Trackside, once again the same horses????

Personally believe that if he was so good at picking winners, he would just back them himself  without the need to earn additional income from selling them!

Working on Trackside as well is in my opinion a conflict of interest!

On one hand he is there to make money for Trackside and yet he is earning income from tipping out winners so that  people can take money off the TAB Bookmakers!

Quite weird really!

Edited by Brodie

21 hours ago, Brodie said:

Gospel, you are correct.

Nothing personal!

However,  from what I have heard, Craig is allowed to bet early with the Bookies, not sure what his restrictions are!

Secondly, he charges punters for his tips on his Whale Hotline, which you would imagine should be the same gorses that he has already backed and shortened the odds!

Finally, he tips on Trackside, once again the same horses????

Personally believe that if he was so good at picking winners, he would just back them himself  without the need to earn additional income from selling them!

Working on Trackside as well is in my opinion a conflict of interest!

On one hand he is there to make money for Trackside and yet he is earning income from tipping out winners so that  people can take money off the TAB Bookmakers!

Quite weird really!

Thing amazes me is let them do it. Even after Luke Radich issues on punting and Micheal Guerin credit punting issues. You think have proper guidelines and not want get tipline operators, doing presenting and opening everyone up to Conflict of Interest Issues. This more questioning of the system, not people mentioned.

Think if was proper good professional tipline operator and good pro punter not need to do presenting in first place.

Got ask how does Trackside police or manager these risks and interest issues?

Just find it all abit strange!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 5/1/2021 at 7:33 AM, Karrots said:

On a positive note, loved the way he kept talking about the Jewels. It made me smile everytime he would say the word Jewels and it was a lot. Also the lady host too. Lots of early promotion for Jewels. So they should really be aiming to have the highest turnover ever for a Jewels day. No excuses really, its a good test for it. 

Wonder what the Jewels highest turnover is beat ... ??

fox tv GIF by Last Man Standing

On 5/1/2021 at 2:53 PM, Karrots said:

look Ranga what I found 😁

this on 2016 figures as below

http://www.harnesslink.com/News/Turnover-boost-plea

So it must be around NZD4-4.5 million …  ish … ??  So if we put it at NZD5 million that would be the 2021 target 😁 

The domestic turnover of the IRT Harness Jewels at Cambridge this year of $2,728,280, eclipsed all other Harness Jewels, sneaking ahead of the previous best set at Cambridge in 2008.

Ranga you are MIA, come in Ranga. Look turnover has come in as number 1 ever for Jewels and also looks on target to hit that 5 mill target combined goal we set 😃

Edited by Jones
  • Like 1

On 1/05/2021 at 9:33 AM, whiplash smile said:

Karrots I cant understand why people bag him so much?, there used to be a publication called the trot guide which was published by ex-bookmaker and bloodstock agent and original vip tipster for the jewels Stu bailey who also worked for the Friday Flash at some point.

The whales whispers were invaluable and his selection for the treble cause there was only one then usually r4,5,6  for $2 or $3 (no%) back then, $750.00    $425.00 multiples between  100 and 200

He is that good! I hear people bag him in the pub TABS all the time. He doesnt know shit , he only tips out favourites e,t,c   Back against him then!  He is a form analyzer!  If a $1.40 shot wins it has nothing to do with him , take them and banker them in quaddies trebles and p6.

I admire him and he is a great guy to boot,  let the mockers of the $1.40 shots mock! 

Northern harness drivers used to ring the whale harness hotline to get a breakdown of their particular race.

Take his anchors Karrots and take a 5%  quaddie or p6, he tipped out a jewels p6 , I got it aswell but it made some paper cause he tipped it out to a first time jewels goer in various combos and he got $11000.

If you see him on the day Karrots say hello and just before you run to the tote (ring me!!) (please!)

He used to be good because he went to the trials in the days when there were no trial videos available or race replays and his tips paid good money. Now everyone can see the nice trialists unlucky horses and all the other information which is why the whales tips pay nothing anymore, everyone sees them for free with their own eyes. 

I hope he keeps tipping them because its easy to make a dollar laying his tips on betfair.

• Like 1
  • Champ Post 1