Bit Of A Yarn

North Island Standardbred Breeders Stakes

Gammalite

Being Billed as Breeders Stakes tonight at Alexandra Park

and the running of the 43rd NI Breeders Stakes.

Is that the SAME race that DELIGHTFUL LADY used to always romp in with, for Mike Stormont year after year. ?

It was run by the Franklin Trotting Club and from a stand. The Lady would win off any handicap in it against mares . She beat Idolmite one year and another year roaring away by half the length of the straight against the south Islanders (Flora d'or and Phillipa Frost.) She was amazing.

Tonight the Breeders Stakes race is just RESTRICTED CLASS ???  that's a bit crazy? why not cater for the best mares still ?

HAVTIME to 'classy ' for the race !!! so has to take on KRUG and BADtotheBONE in the following race. That is very tough on Havtime and her owners.

The 'NEW ZEALAND Standardbred Breeders Stakes' was Open to all mares and was run at Addington in February. and was a thrilling race with WATCH ME NOW and Kirstin Barclay getting up the inside of Amazing Dream near the line, 9 lengths clear of third, for Victory !!! what a Win !!

No doubt Kirstin has a huge picture  of Amazing Dream on her wall, (covering up Watch Me Now on the inside of her) lol..... Olivia went to the outside to win with Amazing Dream last week , so that was a better idea for a good photo !!!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Gammalite said:

Hey ther's a Southerner in this tonight !!! where's Brodies tips when you need him ??

FOLKLORE and Jonny Cox from the Deep south !!! Has to be a chance.

Hey !! all you southerners were pretty quiet about that one !!!  bit dodgy ??? mmmmmm....lol ..... 

came right in to $4.30 and $1.30 QLD . late flurry of kiwi money ? mmmmmm I missed out.

Raced horse's with Alistair Cox (a past president of the breeders association) and from Winton once, so probably a Jonny Cox relative. a lovely man and bred a few by stallion called  'Knowing Bret' . they'd arrive in Auckland from the south with 6cm coats of hair, like a yak lol....I said where on earth have these horses been?  Antarctica?  he said 'Southland'. Glad we were in Northland on seeing them! by golly it must of been cold down there.

• Haha 1