NOTICE TO BOAY'ers: Major Update Coming ×
Bit Of A Yarn

Multi deduction of 43% for one late scratching

Turny

Hear what you guys are saying about multis.

My standard bet maybe 3 times a week used to be a $200 all up place bet on 3-4 horses, all faves.  Used to get enough to keep me interested.

The whole point was not so much the making money but the excitement of the bet, going into the last leg, knowing you had $1200 on a 1.50 place chance, because I sure as hell was never going to put $1200 otherwise on at 1.50.

Hesi I do quite a few Multi's & almost always use the option of any 2 or 3, I just cant stand the thought of having 2 large priced winners and the 3rd or 4th one run 2nd.

The TAB's & Bookies love multi's as most punter's are on a hiding to nothing with them, its based on the Lotto type mentality of a tiny investment for a huge return. However my thoughts are that if you are betting with an edge in normal selections, multi's only can increase that edge, the payday's can be massive but are very few and far between. 

Below is one I have taken today.

Trixie (4 Combos):
CombativeR8 Farewell Terry Bailey (bm58)  
15.00 | Win | Fixed Price
Kalangadoo ChromeR7 Mario's Bar @ The Grand (bm58)  
10.00 | Win | Fixed Price
TakuR6 Trentham Est Marquee/cup-bm58  
18.00 | Win | Fixed Price
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, hesi said:

Hear what you guys are saying about multis.

My standard bet maybe 3 times a week used to be a $200 all up place bet on 3-4 horses, all faves.  Used to get enough to keep me interested.

The whole point was not so much the making money but the excitement of the bet, going into the last leg, knowing you had $1200 on a 1.50 place chance, because I sure as hell was never going to put $1200 otherwise on at 1.50.

Hesi-tation

Back in the day with 365 for the 8 weeks my account was open I used to take place multis these were just fun bets for me but boy they were fun!!! I used to have $1 unit place multis I think one day from my $1 place multis I collected 13 or 14 thousand

365 would allow you to take up to 14 selections so I would normally take 6 races

eg 3x3x2x2x2x2 that would cost me $128 as there were a possible 128 combinations

I would of course look for value they soon add up and of course being place selections you could end up with more than the one winning bet

here is an example of some place dividends 5x4x5x3x4x5 for that combination you would get 6k alone

So when you put your multi on you would initially have fixed odds place dividends but 365 would pay the highest place tote from the 3 totes

It was known as a 6 fold 1x128

I think it was Riverton races that day