Bit Of A Yarn

Rangiora Sunday race 7, What was going on???

Brodie

Watched race 7 yesterday at Rangiora and still can not figure out what was going on!

Horse In front left alone and no horses were put into the race as if no one wanted to win!  

They ambled around and from the mobile they went over 2.05 mile rate and these weren’t maidens.

Example, Katie Cox replaced Ricky Alfield due to illness.

Didnt back Sans Le Sou but thought that it was thrown into that race over 2600m but didn’t like the draw of 9.

If I had invested on it, I would’ve been pretty pissed off.

The driver made absolutely no effort to put the horse into the race at any stage whatsoever.

In fact it was still last at about the 100m and flew from there when the driver decided to have ago and made up that many lengths to finish 4th that it was not funny!!  

Yes it is a bit of a sit and sprinter horse that can not be used much in the running, but seriously not getting serious until the 100m is a poor bit of judgement and yet there is absolutely no mention of anything in the Stipes report.

I am not picking on the driver of Sans Le Sou in particular as I believe that many of the drivers performed poorly and there should have been something mentioned in the Stipes report surely???

Surely Brodie can not be wrong!!!

Your thoughts please.

Edited by Brodie

Was a bizarre race alright. You don't see that often.

Odd thing was War Horse couldn't even win and horses came from the back in a time of 3.22 and last 800 in 58.5 for the 2600 metres.

This is in stark contrast to the all-out battle for the lead in the last with Red Moon Rising. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Was a bizarre race alright. You don't see that often.

Odd thing was War Horse couldn't even win and horses came from the back in a time of 3.22 and last 800 in 58.5 for the 2600 metres.

This is in stark contrast to the all-out battle for the lead in the last with Red Moon Rising. 

Personally didn’t like War horse as hadn’t shown a helluva lot as it came from the N.I. And was a bit of a battler for the owner Todd Quate when it raced often at Forbury, so don’t think it is much.

You would wonder why the Stipes didn’t make any enquiries with any of the drivers as to why they never put their horse into the race.

Sans Le Sou I believe was a certainty beaten, and The driver should’ve made a run forcing something to have hooked out and taken it into the race.

Certainly less than average performance by just about all of the drivers.

12 hours ago, Brodie said:

Personally didn’t like War horse as hadn’t shown a helluva lot as it came from the N.I. And was a bit of a battler for the owner Todd Quate when it raced often at Forbury, so don’t think it is much.

You would wonder why the Stipes didn’t make any enquiries with any of the drivers as to why they never put their horse into the race.

Sans Le Sou I believe was a certainty beaten, and The driver should’ve made a run forcing something to have hooked out and taken it into the race.

Certainly less than average performance by just about all of the drivers.

You back Sans Le Sou, you know what you are getting yourself into. The horse can do no work. Has about 200 metres worth of sprint on it. That's it. Anymore and it usually blows out. When saved up for that one run, she can be lethal - but she needs everything to fall into place for that to happen. I had no issue with the drive on her because that is how she is driven every time she goes to the races, whether it is Ricky driving her, or whether it is Katie Cox. 

What made her run look even better was the fact that the field of horse in question was pretty much full of battlers and bludgers. She ran past some pretty poor horses after doing no work at all. about what I'd expect and if she hadn't drawn nine she probably would have won that race because she would have settled handier to the speed. 

11 minutes ago, Counter Punch said:

You back Sans Le Sou, you know what you are getting yourself into. The horse can do no work. Has about 200 metres worth of sprint on it. That's it. Anymore and it usually blows out. When saved up for that one run, she can be lethal - but she needs everything to fall into place for that to happen. I had no issue with the drive on her because that is how she is driven every time she goes to the races, whether it is Ricky driving her, or whether it is Katie Cox. 

What made her run look even better was the fact that the field of horse in question was pretty much full of battlers and bludgers. She ran past some pretty poor horses after doing no work at all. about what I'd expect and if she hadn't drawn nine she probably would have won that race because she would have settled handier to the speed. 

Hi Counter Punch.

Totally agree with almost all of your comments as that is basically what I had said.

Do believe that the driver should’ve made an effort to flush something out to take her into it at the 400metres, as waiting till the 100m to get serious was basically a waste of time.

Yes they were a very poor bunch even more reason to have shown a bit more vigour earlier because she would’ve stuck on ok seem the others were less than average.

The only reason I didn’t back her was because of her draw and I knew she would be out the back due to not being able to work at all.