Pots and kettles ?

From the oxidation pond:

Chris Wood

• R91 - not quite Grp level
  •  
  • Chris Wood
  • Members
  • 470 posts

" Trainers Association is an absolute waste of time, one organisation that could have made a difference, nobody has stood up !  "

Remembering that C Wood was one prezzy of the Trainers Association !!!!!!

Edited by Poisoned Dwarf
grammar
  • Haha 2

I think he had the good sense to walk away did he not, I remember a post from Chris saying he couldn't get any support, so he walked......they are absolutely useless, those that could, couldn't or can't.....any other industry and you would have seen militant action, the place is falling apart, some pushing their own agendas, others who have it cosy, so why rock the boat when you are at retirement age.......I feel for the good buggers, and there are plenty, there has to be retribution, history proves it will happen, my hope is that those that dragged NZ racing to the level it is now will have their day of judgement, and they suffer the consequences of their actions.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, curious said:

Yes, Chris and P4P and others tried to tell them. Others of us did a lot of work on that behalf. Fell on deaf ears and what we see and have is the result.

I remember the ones you mentioned above....they were gonna strike....gonna pull their nags outs races....gonna do this and that. What did they do....nothing. Will always be remembered as the ....GUNNAS!!

Funny how you say p4p told them....well he told a heap of people a lot....sadly most you can't repeat. 

Nobody was ever going to take him serious, so you can't expect people to take notice of him.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

39 minutes ago, Kakama said:

I remember the ones you mentioned above....they were gonna strike....gonna pull their nags outs races....gonna do this and that. What did they do....nothing. Will always be remembered as the ....GUNNAS!!

Funny how you say p4p told them....well he told a heap of people a lot....sadly most you can't repeat. 

Nobody was ever going to take him serious, so you can't expect people to take notice of him.

Very true. 

Curious will tell us how good he has been for the industry. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Newmarket said:

Very true. 

Curious will tell us how good he has been for the industry. 

About as good as he has been for the world of cyber chat, so bad(or should I say so good), that it opened up an opportunity for BOAY to get going and established

Edited by hesi
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, curious said:

Do you think that would have helped?

Well.....they kept telling us how bad it was...and how they were gonna talk at this meeting....who they knew would help....if I was involved I would fix it.....you've fell for it Curious....your still sticking up for them.....hilarious.

Would it have helped...I don't know....but it would have front page news....only news you get with above mentioned is when he drops F bomb on telly.....

Yeah, real smart.....the guy wants to be taken serious....yet most see him as a out of control loose cannon.

He probably had some good ideas....but sadly , apart from yourself and a few ex jockey + trainer mates.....he had little support.

GUNNAS......

• Haha 4

Schhhhhhh...it's very quiet over there....

...the poison dee warf...and his sycophants...will be stealing themselves when Messiah produces a report that they won't be wiping their collective asses with...

...they'll need to dunk themselves in the dirty Viaduct basin to do the bizzo...yuck

• Haha 5

4 hours ago, Poisoned Dwarf said:

more like mid-2005 ( 13 years ago ) when Fairtax was rampant and Poundforpound ( ing his head on a brick wall ) had big plans to strike at an Avondale midweeker but it never happened.

He used to wank on about a heap of things. For somebody who rated himself , must be a little sad how things worked out. Never going to be a factor in nz racing. 

• Like 1

Ah.....could be right,  yes.

However - Fairtax aside,  which was a great initiative, I have yet to hear any suggestions from him or anyone else [ aside from you and Rodhill wrt handicapping/allowances ]  that could seriously make a difference to the faltering NZTR regime.

A lot of criticism,  but little constructive I feel.

All the reconstruction in the world won't give us much joy - apart from short term - unless the flatlining revenue from NZ galloping can pick up.   Hopefully JM can achieve something there.

3 hours ago, Freda said:

Ah.....could be right,  yes.

However - Fairtax aside,  which was a great initiative, I have yet to hear any suggestions from him or anyone else [ aside from you and Rodhill wrt handicapping/allowances ]  that could seriously make a difference to the faltering NZTR regime.

A lot of criticism,  but little constructive I feel.

All the reconstruction in the world won't give us much joy - apart from short term - unless the flatlining revenue from NZ galloping can pick up.   Hopefully JM can achieve something there.

Over here in the land of oz a major [ no not major, nothing concerning NZ racing over here is major] let's say a talking point is the obscene salaries paid to underachievers and how that can be? Cost cutting will be a focal point of JM's report, the wastage, and I'm being polite......it's no secret here in Oz re the Kiwi salaries, most were astounded, how on earth can an industry pay it's management that well when the reward to the owners/trainers is so small, it's laughable, even in the UK they comment on it......so let's start with costs, not sacking racecourses, although that may go hand in hand as we had to rationalise over here and let some go.....but not on a massive scale, you have to realise the distances here in Oz are so much further than NZ, so for many country towns the racecourse and their Raceday is the jewel in the crown for their sporting year.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Poisoned Dwarf said:

Hey Freda, you're in the right " hood "   to know what is all the drama about Rafi Firdhaus being " suspended indefinitely "

The suspension was imposed by Rafi's home jurisdiction,  Singapore....so is a matter for them to deal with.

He is away home now.

Edited by Freda

On 17/07/2018 at 8:31 PM, Poisoned Dwarf said:

more like mid-2005 ( 13 years ago ) when Fairtax was rampant and Poundforpound ( ing his head on a brick wall ) had big plans to strike at an Avondale midweeker but it never happened.

Poundog is like one of those little heads bobbing round in the freezing water ( near end of Titanic movie ) pleading with someone to listen to his new masterplan

• Haha 3

On 18/07/2018 at 3:31 PM, Poisoned Dwarf said:

Don't recall him ever advocating for a strike which would have only punished those at the coal face he aimed to help. Do remember a call for some industrial action though but that was more things like delaying horses getting to the birdcage etc. in an attempt to get the leadership to sit down and talk. Maybe I missed something?

10 hours ago, curious said:

Don't recall him ever advocating for a strike which would have only punished those at the coal face he aimed to help. Do remember a call for some industrial action though but that was more things like delaying horses getting to the birdcage etc. in an attempt to get the leadership to sit down and talk. Maybe I missed something?

Yep, you missed the fact he talked a big game and came up empty...and now he wants to insert his brand new Knat mate in place of Winnie...asap...

..after 9 lonnnng years of Knat hands under armpits doing nothing Governence

ffs

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 19/07/2018 at 11:46 PM, curious said:

Ha Ha, 

Very funny. A strike would upset those at the coal face, but delaying horse to burdcage wouldnt upset anybody?? 

On 20/07/2018 at 10:08 AM, Thomass said:

Yep, you missed the fact he talked a big game and came up empty...and now he wants to insert his brand new Knat mate in place of Winnie...asap...

..after 9 lonnnng years of Knat hands under armpits doing nothing Governence

ffs

All talk ,all political, yet constantly never makes it. What does that say? can't be trusted or just low hang fruit?. Combination of the above? .He seems never be able to settle on a side or screws up then crawls back the other way. Never going be a big hitter.