Bit Of A Yarn

Interesting Programming

I just happened to look at the programme for next week's Trentham meeting. I was interested to see what sort of programme they would run with a lower key meeting between two group meetings.

I note they are planning to run $40,000 open class races over 1,600m and 1,400m. Not very often you see a club with two open races and only 200m difference in distances. I note that this week the Anniversary has only 9 acceptors and in a couple of weeks we have the group 1 Thorndon mile.

Obviously this has all been worked out by some of the greatest minds from NZTR and the Central Districts experts with local knowledge. It's times like this I am pleased the industry is in the hands of experts rather than simple souls like myself who would never have come up with such an innovative idea.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Doomed said:

I just happened to look at the programme for next week's Trentham meeting. I was interested to see what sort of programme they would run with a lower key meeting between two group meetings.

I note they are planning to run $40,000 open class races over 1,600m and 1,400m. Not very often you see a club with two open races and only 200m difference in distances. I note that this week the Anniversary has only 9 acceptors and in a couple of weeks we have the group 1 Thorndon mile.

Obviously this has all been worked out by some of the greatest minds from NZTR and the Central Districts experts with local knowledge. It's times like this I am pleased the industry is in the hands of experts rather than simple souls like myself who would never have come up with such an innovative idea.

Good spot and this is how they probably worked it out.

Well I've got something for an Open mile in between days at the Trentham carnival , so lets have it!