Bit Of A Yarn

New Trackwork Licensing Programme Effective 1 February 2022.

1 hour ago, Whyisit said:

Existing track work riders should be operating under a licence already and are /or will be covered in the new rules set for 1st August.

Yes but I can ride work with a current trainers licence. However, if I give that up and apply for a trackwork licence I will be subject to the new regulations as far as I can see. Going forward, every new rider who wishes to ride racehorses at trackwork must have completed the trackwork rider assessment and must have either a Slow Trackwork Rider or a Fast Trackwork Rider Licence.

4 hours ago, Freda said:

Casey Lunn...?   Jeez...

Yes. ffs. They already have the likes of NGH and Walshie on the payroll. Why would you bring in people that you probably wouldn't put on a horse to ride track work to do this? Nuts. It's crazy.

Edited by curious

Guest Whyisit
51 minutes ago, curious said:

Yes but I can ride work with a current trainers licence. However, if I give that up and apply for a trackwork licence I will be subject to the new regulations as far as I can see. Going forward, every new rider who wishes to ride racehorses at trackwork must have completed the trackwork rider assessment and must have either a Slow Trackwork Rider or a Fast Trackwork Rider Licence.

I see what you mean.    You would need to get it covered perhaps  under (b) below  

122 Despite anything else in these Rules, a person who, on the day before the Transition Date, held a Class A, B or C Trainer’s Licence, may, so long as they hold a Public Trainer Licence or Owner Trainer Licence:

(a) ride thoroughbred horses at racecourses, training facilities, and Trainer’s Premises;

(b) [other matters to receive feedback on]