NOTICE TO BOAY'ers: Major Update Coming ×
Bit Of A Yarn

Well that's it for another year

hesi

without too much thought, here goes (and in no particular order): I prefer to outline highlights

• Sam Collett ...132 wins from an extraordinary number of rides..about 1175 ...and not a single suspension all season
  • poor Gingernuts ...we will never know how he would've measured up against the bleedin' Aussies and imports 
  • Aaron Kuru's horsemanship, winning on a horse that actually fell
  • Cambridge bloodstock consultant Michael Wallace and Justify, Triple Crown winner
  • Announcement of 3 all-weather tracks to be built ..and soon!
  • Sale of Cambridge Stud
  • Dominance of Savabeel (again)
  • Dominance of David Ellis at Karaka and Te Akau in major 2yo/3yo black type races
  • Sam Weatherley to Aussie ... and instant success
  • Donna Logan to Singapore
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Weasel said:

without too much thought, here goes (and in no particular order): I prefer to outline highlights

• Sam Collett ...132 wins from an extraordinary number of rides..about 1175 ...and not a single suspension all season
  • poor Gingernuts ...we will never know how he would've measured up against the bleedin' Aussies and imports 
  • Aaron Kuru's horsemanship, winning on a horse that actually fell
  • Cambridge bloodstock consultant Michael Wallace and Justify, Triple Crown winner
  • Announcement of 3 all-weather tracks to be built ..and soon!
  • Sale of Cambridge Stud
  • Dominance of Savabeel (again)
  • Dominance of David Ellis at Karaka and Te Akau in major 2yo/3yo black type races
  • Sam Weatherley to Aussie ... and instant success
  • Donna Logan to Singapore

thanks weasel theres only 3  i can agree with sam   and sam and aaron

10 hours ago, hesi said:

Interestingly not a single horse or performance by a horse.

I looked through all the group and listed races, and couldn't see any standouts

well spotted Hesi..not a single race performance came to mind that had the WOW factor, except by a certain mare who didn't race in NZ!

If I had to name one, I'd say Ladies First winning the Auckland Cup was outstanding after being wide for so much of the race; but the 3yo crop were not brilliant with the possible exception of  Dijon Bleu, who then got injured and didn't race again. The Kiwi 3yos that chased glory in the autumn in Australia (Embellish etc) didn't do the job. Spring is just around the corner!