NOTICE TO BOAY'ers: Major Update Coming ×
Bit Of A Yarn

The Chris Waller show...on Lasix

Thomass

All the best for your problem

..but comparing human and horse use of this drug is a bit rich...

...a bunch of pissers pissing a whole days urine in  an hour....20-25L....

...and their brains telling them they're not dehydrated...when they are...

...and yes a vet I've spoken to in the States confirms some fillies react badly to pissing themselves out...not to mention the muscle pain...

...and he confirms NSAIDS and intravenous bute are anticoagulants....all loaded up and requiring Lasix to reverse the effects of that drug use...with another drug...

Imagine if we went down the German route of banning bleeders and those who used medication...to achieve the massive international success they've had with their stayers...

...remember those NZ days?

...and the realisation that the best racing in the World in HK...race's entirely without it...

On 6/08/2018 at 3:05 PM, Thomass said:

All the best for your problem

..but comparing human and horse use of this drug is a bit rich...

...a bunch of pissers pissing a whole days urine in  an hour....20-25L....

...and their brains telling them they're not dehydrated...when they are...

...and yes a vet I've spoken to in the States confirms some fillies react badly to pissing themselves out...not to mention the muscle pain...

...and he confirms NSAIDS and intravenous bute are anticoagulants....all loaded up and requiring Lasix to reverse the effects of that drug use...with another drug...

Imagine if we went down the German route of banning bleeders and those who used medication...to achieve the massive international success they've had with their stayers...

...remember those NZ days?

...and the realisation that the best racing in the World in HK...race's entirely without it...

Where do you come up with some of this crap. And how about naming this said vet. Like I said in an earlier post I've seen more than 1 or 2 horses relieve lasix including fillies and mares and have yet to witness this adverse behaviour you are on about. 

Have YOU  ever seen how a horse reacts after been given lasix.  As for the pissing out 25 litres of fluid please show me where you get this misinformation from. 

Also you seem to be worried about a horse losing 10 kgs of weight. You do realise how heavy a horse is on average and how small a percentage of it's overall weight is?

9 minutes ago, Blossom lady said:

Where do you come up with some of this crap. And how about naming this said vet. Like I said in an earlier post I've seen more than 1 or 2 horses relieve lasix including fillies and mares and have yet to witness this adverse behaviour you are on about. 

Have YOU  ever seen how a horse reacts after been given lasix.  As for the pissing out 25 litres of fluid please show me where you get this misinformation from. 

Also you seem to be worried about a horse losing 10 kgs of weight. You do realise how heavy a horse is on average and how small a percentage of it's overall weight is?

Don't come on here and show your ignorance petal...

Harness types shouldn't even be allowed on here so I suggest you piss off...or sex and travel off

oh before you go

"To mitigate bleeding, trainers or their veterinarians intravenously administer Lasix four hours before a race. “And about 20-30 minutes later, the expression, pardon me, ‘pissing like a race horse’ is true,” explained David Poole, a physiologist at Kansas State University who studies oxygen transport during physical activity. “You get about 20 to 25 liters of urine out of the horse; it just explodes out.”

3 minutes ago, Thomass said:

Don't come on here and show your ignorance petal...

Harness types shouldn't even be allowed on here so I suggest you piss off...or sex and travel off

oh before you go

"To mitigate bleeding, trainers or their veterinarians intravenously administer Lasix four hours before a race. “And about 20-30 minutes later, the expression, pardon me, ‘pissing like a race horse’ is true,” explained David Poole, a physiologist at Kansas State University who studies oxygen transport during physical activity. “You get about 20 to 25 liters of urine out of the horse; it just explodes out.”

Don't think so. For a starter trainers or their vets do not administer the lasix. The 4 hours before a race is right  but it's administered by a vet employed by the track for that pacific purpose. Does your physiologist actually state how much lasix was given for a horse to piss 25 litres?  Do you even know how much is usually given or has dr google not told you?

You do really sound like one of those tree hugging vegan types who belongs to PETA  who will make up any little fact they can and twist it around to suit them selves.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

that since they'd lost three or four gallons in their urine, they'd be really thirsty,” said Pagan. 

this from Kentucky equine research who I would believe before some hillbilly physiologist from Kansas. There is a big difference between 4 gallons and 25 litres.

Edited by Blossom lady

I know Pagen well from my time working in Kentucky...

...just read...in pocket...food ...and drug companies 

Sticking 'Kentucky' in front of a company means diddly

...now go back to your stinking Gypsy corner...you're making me all dirty feeling

7 minutes ago, Thomass said:

...now go back to your stinking Gypsy corner...you're making me all dirty feeling

I didnt know you worked at Kentucky, which store?

6770C4B3-C7F7-4712-82B3-E8B25B8A407A.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

48 minutes ago, Thomass said:

If you know Joe, why don't you give him a ring or flick him an email pagan@ker.com . He can probably straighten you out on this. And you might serve him the respect of spelling his name correctly. Which Kentucky Fried did you work for there? Was Joe a regular customer?

Edited by curious
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Newmarket said:

I didnt know you worked at Kentucky, which store?

6770C4B3-C7F7-4712-82B3-E8B25B8A407A.jpeg

Does this smell good or what...I have to buy it then stick it in fridge and eat with nice salad....I just can't eat hot...think the fat oozing out puts me off....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kakama said:

Does this smell good or what...I have to buy it then stick it in fridge and eat with nice salad....I just can't eat hot...think the fat oozing out puts me off....

The above post is far more informative and intelligent than anything seen from T in the last 30 days.

The smell of it is sensational when driving past, as you say the eating of it never matches the thought. Chips dipped in the potato and gravy is beautiful.

There you go T another top tip for you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, barryb said:

The above post is far more informative and intelligent than anything seen from T in the last 30 days.

The smell of it is sensational when driving past, as you say the eating of it never matches the thought. Chips dipped in the potato and gravy is beautiful.

There you go T another top tip for you.

The potato and gravy could be called performance enhancing. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, mardigras said:

Best legal performance enhancer

Do 3yr olds after Xmas piss a lot if they eat it?.

Thomass has me so confused now, I am not eating KFC again, would hate to see all these 3yr olds pissing in the carpark.

Edited by barryb
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, curious said:

If you know Joe, why don't you give him a ring or flick him an email pagan@ker.com . He can probably straighten you out on this. And you might serve him the respect of spelling his name correctly. Which Kentucky Fried did you work for there? Was Joe a regular customer?

I'm surprised by your claimed links to Kentucky that you don't know how the corrupt system works there.

Yankee Vets make their money by selling drugs...and they base their fees on the treatments actually administered...

Until they change their Business model the Racing Industry there will be a cesspit of drug administration..

They need to suck the brains of the Germans to know how to behave..

But that'll take a paradigm shift...and the new Bill will fail I fear...it's a bridge too far for these druggies

And it all started with Northern Dancer getting up by a nostril in the Derby

...after losing 10kgs with a new drug called LASIX....which his opposition didn't receive 

...and which undoubtedly controlled his flighty temperament by lowering his blood pressure...

15 hours ago, Blossom lady said:

Then you should have more of an idea about lasix instead of your gross exaggerations that you continually claim.

Harness Gypsy types should stay clear of commenting on our industry wrt LASIX

Mark Purdon thought he had a bleeder and injected a substance into a neddy of a mates...6 hrs before racing...

Totally against the rules but he didn't give a flying f

Turned out it was Blue Magic...

Have Harness types no shame?

3 hours ago, Thomass said:

Yankee Vets make their money by selling drugs...and they base their fees on the treatments actually administered...

More bs. I suppose you wouldn't learn this working in a Kentucky Fried even if top equine vets were your customers.

They base their fees on the clinical task performed and add on the price of any meds dispensed in the process. I've got 100s of vet bills to prove it. Never mind.

Edited by curious

24 minutes ago, curious said:

More bs. I suppose you wouldn't learn this working in a Kentucky Fried even if top equine vets were your customers.

They base their fees on the clinical task performed and add on the price of any meds dispensed in the process. I've got 100s of vet bills to prove it. Never mind.

It's so disappointing you've joined the teenage girls class of childish antics...

But you obviously have no idea about 'racetrack' Vets...

Were not talking about your 'breeding' Vets...

I could give you the name of a 'racetrack' Vet that I've been in contact with recently to confirm exactly what I say...

..Mr. 'Prefer' it wasn't like this...

I notice you've gone quiet on the fact HK Punters were asked about Lasix and swayed the HKJC to be Lasix free??

31 minutes ago, Thomass said:

I notice you've gone quiet on the fact HK Punters were asked about Lasix and swayed the HKJC to be Lasix free??

That's because I'm not aware of any evidence that HK punters were even asked and I don't believe a single thing you say and you never provide any evidence for your claims, even when asked. I think the HK Lasix initiative was driven by the HKJC, not punters directly. That is certainly in part because of the HKJC policy of total transparency which is driven by the idea that this will stimulate wagering. I'd be interested to see where HK punters were surveyed on the Lasix matter and what the results were if you have that data.

26 minutes ago, curious said:

That's because I'm not aware of any evidence that HK punters were even asked and I don't believe a single thing you say and you never provide any evidence for your claims, even when asked. I think the HK Lasix initiative was driven by the HKJC, not punters directly. That is certainly in part because of the HKJC policy of total transparency which is driven by the idea that this will stimulate wagering. I'd be interested to see where HK punters were surveyed on the Lasix matter and what the results were if you have that data.

Wtf do you mean?

I've a vast knowledge of things equine and continue to be widely read...

Dr. Brian Stewart...Head of Veterinary Regulation HKJC

“The thoughtless use of the medication in training can mask an important sign of over-stress which will lead to electrolyte abnormalities.

“Training gallops performed on Furosemide will be influenced by the performance enhancing effects of the drug.

“This is the reason that the Hong Kong Jockey Club does not permit the use of Furosemide in training because customers believe that the recording of training gallops may be misleading if it is influenced by the use of the drug.”

7 minutes ago, Thomass said:

Wtf do you mean?

I've a vast knowledge of things equine and continue to be widely read...

Dr. Brian Stewart...Head of Veterinary Regulation HKJC

“The thoughtless use of the medication in training can mask an important sign of over-stress which will lead to electrolyte abnormalities.

“Training gallops performed on Furosemide will be influenced by the performance enhancing effects of the drug.

“This is the reason that the Hong Kong Jockey Club does not permit the use of Furosemide in training because customers believe that the recording of training gallops may be misleading if it is influenced by the use of the drug.”

That's what I said. It was driven by the HKJC. But where were punters asked about this as you claimed?

Have you organised those primary school remedial reading and maths classes yet?

Edited by curious

16 minutes ago, curious said:

That's what I said. It was driven by the HKJC. But where were punters asked about this as you claimed?

Have you organised those primary school remedial reading and maths classes yet?

Are you f in kiddin'?

"does not permit the use of ...because CUSTOMERS (read PUNTERS you moron) believed it would be misleading"

ffs...and you supposedly lecture...still??

And this is the Head of HKJC Vets....

HKJC asked them....they're not going to ask themselves...who else would ask CUSTOMERS...

Its like dealing with that other f in moron

Fess up...you're one and the same...right?