NOTICE TO BOAY'ers: Major Update Coming ×
Bit Of A Yarn

Racing Data

hesi

5 minutes ago, FeelTheFear said:

Agree, as I said it is a starting point to give an idea for further analysis. I threw it together when I got the app. yesterday just for fun and am not surprised Mr T. thought it accurate. 

For sure. Certainly something worth looking into and wasn't at all negative to what you put up. 

No surprises to see Thomass go off like it's all a foregone conclusion. He would simply take the distance covered and adjust every runner by the variance - which is comic gold.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mardigras said:

There's nothing wrong with more data if it encourages participation. And some of the data may even be useful. A tool like this is worthless in NZ in my view, since the provision of it will cost more than any possible benefits from participation.

I expect that most people that use this data will be using it statistically to identify trends of the data and winners. Without getting into a big discussion on that, many approaches like that simply won't work long term unless the 'attribute' is linked to something that is actually more than just a statistical historical group based association.

If you look solely at NSW racing results, one might expect that the average win div in NSW races would have reduced. It hasn't this year compared to last year. And the % of horses that win paying $4 or less has also actually decreased, rather than increased. These might just be statistics, but use of these tools are not as yet having a noticeable effect to date on suddenly making winners more 'attractive' to punters generally.

As for the resident idiot, knowing extra distance doesn't mean punters will be able to find winners more easily. The results to date agree with that so I'm not surprised to see that you think it will now be so easy.

You'd only have to watch some European races where they are often quite happy to be 3, 4, 5 or 6 wide throughout (and around the bends). And actually want to be there.

Seriously... do you and your symbiotic sycophantic syclops ever take a wee moment before commenting on everything and anything.... so ignorantly??

Like...we're racing in Australasia...not Europe..

..and that 'wide without cover' is actually a 'thing' here...recognised by EXPERT form analysts...

..not half witted statsman who think things like Twitter are going to cost our industry..."big bucks"

Give up here...oh that's right you already don't bet here...no f in wonder

6 minutes ago, Thomass said:

Seriously... do you and your symbiotic sycophantic syclops ever take a wee moment before commenting on everything and anything.... so ignorantly??

Like...we're racing in Australasia...not Europe..

..and that 'wide without cover' is actually a 'thing' here...recognised by EXPERT form analysts...

..not half witted statsman who think things like Twitter are going to cost our industry..."big bucks"

Give up here...oh that's right you already don't bet here...no f in wonder

Are bends different in the Southern Hemisphere. I never knew that. Maybe they haven't heard of Pi over there.

Unlike you, I only comment on things I know about. You comment on everything, very little of which you know about.

Edited by mardigras

I'd love to see the tracking for each horse in a race.  Click on a horse the tracking for the race comes up, click on another horse, you add the tracking in etc etc

Hold your cursor over a part of the tracking, it shows distance run etc

If they can show the track for a cricket ball travelling at 90mph, accurate to a few mm, then a horse should be a piece of cake.

Might help put figures on just how much extra distance a horse that is drawn wide, travels to the first bend, how far extra a horse travels sitting 4 wide for half a race, how much extra a horse travels coming 8 wide into the straight.

I realise there are lots of other factors that affect performance, but more data is better

1 hour ago, mardigras said:

Are bends different in the Southern Hemisphere. I never knew that. Maybe they haven't heard of Pi over there.

Unlike you, I only comment on things I know about. You comment on everything, very little of which you know about.

Au Contrare mon f in amie...

European courses are noted for their UNDULATIONS...

These suit staying types who can sustain their speed through the rock and roll of a wide trip...especially if the turns are uphill which then acts as a natural camber..

..speedy types tire more easily with these undulations...

Ellerslie is an undulating course and is not noted as a front runners course here...

Now I suppose you'll bring HARNESS up again you fool?

So bends are different in Europe then and suddenly Pi doesn't apply. Very strange.

7 hours ago, Thomass said:

..speedy types tire more easily with these undulations...

Ellerslie is an undulating course and is not noted as a front runners course here...

Got any more generalisations?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mardigras said:

So bends are different in Europe then and suddenly Pi doesn't apply. Very strange.

Got any more generalisations?

You constantly generalise...

Ask any European trainer...or knowledgeable person...oh moi

Their courses are massively different to ours you pillock...

One only had to watch their trainers and Jocks when they came down under to see them hopelessly exposed on tactics...that's improved now somewhat

But you keep believing 3 wide without cover is fastest...bless

1 hour ago, Thomass said:

You constantly generalise...

Ask any European trainer...or knowledgeable person...oh moi

Their courses are massively different to ours you pillock...

One only had to watch their trainers and Jocks when they came down under to see them hopelessly exposed on tactics...that's improved now somewhat

But you keep believing 3 wide without cover is fastest...bless

3 wide without cover is often fastest but you are too thick to notice or know that.

19 minutes ago, curious said:

3 wide without cover is often fastest but you are too thick to notice or know that.

Now who's generalising?

"Often"...how often??...when it's H11...perhaps...I don't use barriers when punting so I don't care...

When it comes to form analysis though...and they've faded out after a tuff run...I do

...You and yours can't quantify that...and treat a 6L perfect trail....the same as  unluckily blocked

Idiots are you

11 minutes ago, Thomass said:

Now who's generalising?

"Often"...how often??...when it's H11...perhaps...I don't use barriers when punting so I don't care...

When it comes to form analysis though...and they've faded out after a tuff run...I do

...You and yours can't quantify that..

No one can quantify it because you can't apply a generalisation. You apply them. You've shown us that by your 'blue print'.

Black Type is superior 

Blinkers on 

3yos after Christmas

3kg claimers on NZ wet tracks.

I could go on, but this is beyond you.

Edited by mardigras