NOTICE TO BOAY'ers: Major Update Coming ×
Bit Of A Yarn

The Perfect Illustration I Thought of Why

hesi

This site will become the Premier Racing site

Current issues with the quality of track surfaces causing mayhem with programming.

The owner of this site, pens and posts an open correspondence, emailed to the concerned parties asking for 5 questions to be answered.  All very civil and respectful

The owner of the dark side, in response to the Otaki track, posts this negative and juvenile tirade

"How long would it take them to stuff it up too... nobody held accountable anywhere... a joke... no wonder racing is Donald Ducked!!!!!:rcf-embarrassed-3:"

Edited by hesi
  • Like 2

Don't quite get your point there Hesi. I read that comment as being in reference to the Foxton track, not Otaki. I'm pretty confident the controlling body there won't stuff that up, but given what's happened to most other tracks in the country in the last couple of decades, I would have thought that was fair comment?

Sorry, should read Foxton track.

The point is pretty obvious, it's about the method of addressing issues.

The Chief has taken the articulated, respectful approach.  It may not get anywhere, but it is still the only approach likely to get anywhere

• Like 1

Common sense really...for a public forum to be treated with respect and as a credible sounding board for the industry it has to be operated professionally, with maturity and respect for its contributors (and their various opinions) and stay out of the gutter in terms of language/tone/attitude to issues.  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, hesi said:

Sorry, should read Foxton track.

The point is pretty obvious, it's about the method of addressing issues.

The Chief has taken the articulated, respectful approach.  It may not get anywhere, but it is still the only approach likely to get anywhere

I may be a bit thick but I don't see the connection Hesi. One is a critical comment about ongoing general issues, the other is a sensible attempt to get clear information about a specific incident.

12 hours ago, curious said:

If I thought it weren't ok to make a similar comment here, I wouldn't be here.

Up to you how you post, people draw their own conclusions, and in your case, you are clearly a very well read well articulated gentleman, although I must say, with a definite touch of pragmatism, that challenges peoples own thought process.

My comments relate to the relative posting styles of the 2 site owners, and how that affects how the 2 sites are viewed.  The fact this site exists, is proof of the pudding:)

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Thomass said:

Cmon spill the cannellonis curiass...

wtf is happening with FOXTON?

Are the committee too stubborn to fall into line with NZTR or is the local Council to blame?

The committee HAS fallen into line with NZTR which designated the track be developed primarily as the best training and trial track it can be but at the same time can be brought up to standard for race meetings and that the club may then apply for 1 community race date and be available for other transferred meetings. There have been delays getting plans and consents for critical building work on the remaining stand but that will complete phase 1. I note that 28 heats went round yesterday on a H10 rated track with the open 1000s going in 1.03/4.

The council has stuff all to do with it.

Edited by curious

2 hours ago, Nice Option said:

Credit where credit is due  - the new Racecafe is actually pretty good. Having the news and associated reports all in one place is very handy 

If the guy has all this money to splash around, a shame he doesn't first meet his substantial prior commitments

There is a name for people like that

• 3 weeks later...
On 29/08/2018 at 11:37 AM, curious said:

The remaining stand is being remodeled to provide the necessary facilities for racedays including jockey room upgrades, JCA and stipes rooms, toilets, food and drink service etc.

Update on this. I understand that consents are to hand, contractors contracted, work expected to commence in a week or two and be completed in a further 8 weeks. So, should be done well before year end.

• Like 1