Bit Of A Yarn

Fair go

Honestly

Fair go , this is what is required before the discussion to tighten up or close down an industry that has undergone multiple investigations. 

I like others have so many questions. 

Ultimately the code of silence is what will end this Industry. 

Firstly why has it taken so long to get all the appropriate data to the government? 

If there were 15 points GRNZ had to tick off the “list” 5 being good , 5 medium,5 slow . 
what are they ? 
what more could be done ? 
Im guessing the RIB have been trying to enforce them ? 
Have they done enough to enforce them ? After all they are the ones leading the report to encourage the government to close the industry down .

And what is there reason for this ? 
why are they not working closely with GRNZ for the same outcome? 

Is a review into the RIB an option? 
What do the other codes think of the RIB ? 

GRNZ pay good money into greyhounds Australia what have they got to say about the matter? 

I understand GRNZ puts 6 million of the total 15 million into animal welfare, this is the most any racing industry across NZ and Australia, But we still have a problem Why ? 

Have we left this too late ? 

I find it very interesting that the sale of the TAB has gone thru given the fact that the buyer could potentially lose a key part of their product in the not to distant future. 

Having a carrot dangling over the industry leading up to an election is another interesting factor, 

the potential of uncertainty is incredible. 

The other codes and NZ anything to do with animals has to have everyone asking serious questions at this very time.

The time has come, people within the industry need to take a stand and have a voice before it’s too late! 

I agree.  Don't sit on your hands.  Attend the Entain Road Shows if you can.  Knowledge is power.

Those are good questions that need answering.

If there is anything positive about Entain for greyhound racing I see that they are quite proactive as far as the hounds go. I suppose the quick fire nature of greyhound racing appeals to this type of entity and fits right into their wheelhouse.  Entain are big on dog welfare and own a number of greyhound race tracks.

Even though I am not in favour of what I understand of this partnership so far, I think of the three codes greyhounds may be the best off, and whatever GRNZ can work through with Entain may be the greyhound industry's saving grace.

8 hours ago, Honestly said:

Fair go , this is what is required before the discussion to tighten up or close down an industry that has undergone multiple investigations. 

I like others have so many questions. 

Ultimately the code of silence is what will end this Industry. 

Firstly why has it taken so long to get all the appropriate data to the government? 

If there were 15 points GRNZ had to tick off the “list” 5 being good , 5 medium,5 slow . 
what are they ? 
what more could be done ? 
Im guessing the RIB have been trying to enforce them ? 
Have they done enough to enforce them ? After all they are the ones leading the report to encourage the government to close the industry down .

And what is there reason for this ? 
why are they not working closely with GRNZ for the same outcome? 

Is a review into the RIB an option? 
What do the other codes think of the RIB ? 

GRNZ pay good money into greyhounds Australia what have they got to say about the matter? 

I understand GRNZ puts 6 million of the total 15 million into animal welfare, this is the most any racing industry across NZ and Australia, But we still have a problem Why ? 

Have we left this too late ? 

I find it very interesting that the sale of the TAB has gone thru given the fact that the buyer could potentially lose a key part of their product in the not to distant future. 

Having a carrot dangling over the industry leading up to an election is another interesting factor, 

the potential of uncertainty is incredible. 

The other codes and NZ anything to do with animals has to have everyone asking serious questions at this very time.

The time has come, people within the industry need to take a stand and have a voice before it’s too late! 

Where is the report online?

2 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

Where is the report online?

Hasnt been released to the public, only that its grim and bleak.

What do you expect? The industry largely sat on it's ass in relation to key issues and than tried to create the illusion it has done something.

The industries social license expired years ago and its been a case of too little to late now.

Just wait till the Mcinerney case hits the public. 

I can't see a big deal with most of this and think it is hyped.

It seems to me the same problems occur with track standards and maintenance as with the thoroughbreds.  Employ the right people and follow due process, keep the standards up and injury rates will improve, as they already have.

If NSW can turnaround an order to close greyhound racing after just three months that has to be a positive for New Zealand.

Does anyone know the reason for the recommendation to drop the ear branding?

It appears GRNZ communication with licence holders has improved.

I think GRNZ and licence holders should be congratulated for the work done to date.  This is a work in progress and should be treated as such.

On 26/05/2023 at 2:41 PM, Special Agent said:

I can't see a big deal with most of this and think it is hyped.

It seems to me the same problems occur with track standards and maintenance as with the thoroughbreds.  Employ the right people and follow due process, keep the standards up and injury rates will improve, as they already have.

If NSW can turnaround an order to close greyhound racing after just three months that has to be a positive for New Zealand.

Does anyone know the reason for the recommendation to drop the ear branding?

It appears GRNZ communication with licence holders has improved.

I think GRNZ and licence holders should be congratulated for the work done to date.  This is a work in progress and should be treated as such.

Greyhound racing in NSW has much more support than in NZ. 

I know many licensed people dont talk with external people here alot but common concesus with the people ive spoken to about greyhound racing is they think its cruel and nothings improved.

Australia, they have different views towards it generally. I have my doubts this could be replicated here like Australia based on the trajectory of the industry.

Edited by BitofaLegend

21 hours ago, Special Agent said:

A Royal Commission.  The codes do not work together, the decisions across the codes are inconsistent.  An independent inquiry is called for.

Could be something to look at. One of the concerns reading the report is that the rib fails to mention any of its failures in the industry and only mention the grnz incompetence. 

• Like 3