Bit Of A Yarn

Olivia Thornley

Gammalite

I take it she works for Mark and Nathan Purdons stable with the amount of drives for that stable ?. Including winning the Group 1 Nz Oaks in December with No Matter Wat. (90k for winner)

But today without Nat or Mark present it would seem , as Blair Orange has taken the 3 drives on Bronson 5th, Waterfront 3rd, and VinkeB for 4th.

Why couldn't Olivia drive any of them ? she's had 400 drives now across 6 seasons . Not many I know .but is up to 48 wins. 

but she was 'dragging a drive' on 'Press Play' for someone else stable in the last race today,  is that all she is reduced to???  Must be deflating as anything for her. 

The Big Blair drives netted $2,450 on Waterfront, $1,200 on Vinke and $1,350 on Bronson. so can hardly be 'Big money' events being the reason. 

Blair didn't win any of 8 drives in total today at Ashburton anyway.

Surely it's  just as good to put Your Own Stable driver worker on in the Bush meetings ?? 

Haha, 

Funny you mention Press Play, it was my only bet today. Never got close from draw on a rain affected track today, will still be in my Black Book, think it will win one soon. 

I assume the owners have a bit to say on who drives, which may be the reason Blair got drives. 

The girl drives very well

• Like 1