• 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies

Announcements

• Aroda wins it by lengths. An easy Redcliffe Cup Victor. A good training feat by Grant as the NZ bred ARODA  (4 starts at Addington way back 2022) was the Only horse in the field to Not of won a Metro (city) class race ever. Led all the way for his wife Trista to break that duck completely in a Group 2. well done Trista. TURN IT UP really did turn it up sadly,  and made a couple of breaks during the running and just not trying hard anymore. Just a shadow of his glory days now.  SIMPLY SAM a very false favourite loomed up to 2nd on the final bend , then just dogged it , running erratic and diving about and knocked a rival into a gallop even. eventually 4th.  shows why he .only won once in Nz last year from 28 starts . not really that good.  Classy Operator scratched for Grima so to start the old Herlihy horse from the pole draw for Swayzee s owner Boots. the emergency runner galloped out though and no chance back along the inside when well backed too.   alas Nathan Purdon not winning Oaks or Derby. Major Hot running 2nd in Redcliffe Derby from bad draw on 2nd row.  maybe the QLD Derby later on could have more luck.
    • Golden Path was an east winner of Listed W J Mckell Cup (2000m) at Rosehill. Photo: Bradleyphotos.com.au Victorian raider Golden Path has made it back-to-back victories in Sydney with a dominant victory in the Listed W J Mckell Cup (2000m) at Rosehill on Saturday. The Mick Price and Michael Kent Jnr-trained son of Belardo was stepping up a grade and handled the rise with ease. Golden Path enjoyed a good run just behind the speed in fifth position throughout and was nursed around the home bend by jockey Chad Schofield. He then put his rivals to the sword to win by three and a half lengths from Touristic, with Lord Ardmore back in third. The Kiwi private purchase is raced by a syndicate headed by prominent owner Carl Holt, who was on hand to see the four-year-old gelding salute. “That was good,” Holt said. “The blinkers have made a big difference to him and the soft tracks he obviously likes and the team have done a great job with him. “Chad has got a lot of confidence riding him and it all measured up today. “That is the next level up for him – he has stepped up to a good level. He is getting his rating up so he can get into better races, so where to go next is a nice problem to have.” It was the fourth victory from 11 career starts for Golden Path, who has now amassed $364,750 in prizemoney. “He is a good heavy track horse, a good 2000m horse,” winning trainer Mick Price said. “He got washed out last week and I didn’t think the 35 days between runs would worry a horse like him. “He has probably got to have the edge on him. He is a big rakish gelding and he was very well suited.” By Belardo, who previously shuttled to Haunui Farm, Golden Path is out of the winning Dubai Destination mare Golden Destination. Bred by the Wallace family’s Ardsley Stud, Golden Path was purchased for $35,000 from the 2021 Karaka Book 2 Yearling Sale by Pukekohe trainer Michael Rogers. After winning two of his three trials in New Zealand for Rogers, Golden Path was sold to clients of the Price-Kent team. Horse racing news View the full article
    • Will never go ahead. If they stop nz punters gambling overseas, why not stop those buying online? Where will it stop 
    • Angela Jones and Zarastro as they take out the Group 3 Healy Stakes. Photo: Darren Winningham Young jockey Angela Jones achieved her biggest thrill in the saddle to date as she steered the Tony Gollan-trained Zarastro to victory in the Group 3 Healy Stakes (1200m) at Eagle Farm. Sent around as a $9 chance with leading horse racing bookmakers, Angela Jones made great use of the five-year-old gelding’s early speed and managed to hold out race favourite Ghaanati as the pair fought for ascendancy early on. Despite seeming to burn up a few extra tickets to find the lead, Zarastro was travelling as well as any runner approaching the home turn, and despite having a wall of challengers with 200m to go, Jones managed to get the most out of her mount to go on and score in impressive fashion. Ghaanati would stick on gamely for second, whilst Hatchet came screaming home along the inside to fill the trifecta at a big price. 2024 Group 3 Healy Stakes – Zarastro Despite winning plenty of Queensland’s feature races, Zarastro’s win handed trainer Tony Gollan his first triumph in the Healy Stakes. “He was really good today. I was pretty adamant after his last start here that we had to change a few things up,” said Gollan. “I was really keen to go the 21 days into today with him. He puts a big effort into his races and his racing pattern, I want to give him that little bit of extra time between runs. “I just knew the last 10 days coming here today he was right on song. She (Angela Jones) rated him really well today. “I spoke to Ange this morning, I felt we might have been asking a bit much of him his last few, she was able to really keep him under wraps today and he was so strong through the line.” A week on after claiming the Listed Ipswich Cup on Red Wave, Angela Jones ticked off another major milestone with her maiden Group triumph. “It’s such a thrill, and to do it on him and for Tony, it just couldn’t have worked out any better,” said a jubilant Angela Jones. “Tony’s my biggest supporter so thank you, and all the Zarastro owners for keeping me on him and being happy to stick with me. “Also my manager, he does a terrific job. I know it’s a hard time to be a manager of a local jockey, but he’s done a super job throughout the carnival so it’s a big credit to him.” Horse racing news View the full article
    • If you're taking em' for a jog or workout in training Chief , that may be so . horse is quite relaxed and enjoying it's work hopefully.  BUT in a race you pretty much just ''steering with the reins in that situation . (to avoid running into things lol)😄  you are racing in Tight quarters sometimes.  The whip fiddling is like the deafeners . you apply them to SCARE the horse into putting in as hard as it can. At the gallops or the trots the 'noise' made by the riders and drivers as they turn for home is quite remarkable , and loud on occasion. you've probably heard D. Oliver screeching from there  lol. I used to whack the dust sheet , the wheel disc's made a great crack, even the running rail at times, as well as across the reins and bum of horse . Even hit a rival driver at times lol 😂 You are trying to FRIGHTEN your horse in to Winning (or running on at least)   every time I go to Albion we are down by the home turn (stables area) and you can hear the Tunes of the drivers making as much noise as they can. you're not spose to whistle but some do. ya hear em' . at Eagle Farm the same thing. Jockeys making a HUUUge noise as they turn for home if you position yourself down there to hear it. A lot of them just slapping the horses shoulder with the whip to Make NOISE. they're not trying to hurt the horses . they're tougher than that.  
  • Topics