NOTICE TO BOAY'ers: Major Update Coming ×
Bit Of A Yarn

If Election day was tomorrow,

Walt

10 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

I didn't sat that.  I said they way Labour are going Jones might be wrong and they go under 20%.  I guess you are desperate to win something out of this election. 

'I think you are right Jones will be wrong.  The way Labour and Chippy are going it will be under 20%!'

Thats exactly  what you said.

You really are a big girls...blouse aren't you.🤣

I wasn't much of a fan of Economist Shamubeel Eaqub after he adamantly stated NZ needed a population of 15 million people.

That aside, I was very interested in what the alleged experts said would happen with house prices when Covid arrived in 2020. All of them except one said the prices would drop. Most said about 15% but some said more, some slightly less. Shamubeel Eaqub was a lone voice against that. He stated there were too many variables in play to make a call one way or the other. His conservative and cautious approach stayed with me. As we know, house prices rose dramatically. 25-30% increases were common. 

When I saw the interview below, I took notice of what Eaqub had to say about National's plan to tax the purchases of offshore house buyers. He described it as "bullshit". For someone of his ilk to use such colourful language reflects how he sees it. 

Edited by Walt

52 minutes ago, holy ravioli said:

'I think you are right Jones will be wrong.  The way Labour and Chippy are going it will be under 20%!'

Thats exactly  what you said.

You really are a big girls...blouse aren't you.🤣

Roy Morgan poll 24% and the trend is downwards.  What's the feeling like in your Government Department?

2 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

Roy Morgan poll 24% and the trend is downwards.  What's the feeling like in your Government Department?

People need to be objective about this countrys status.

'The economy is 6.7% larger than before Covid. Since the depths of the Covid recession, New Zealand’s economy has grown by 10.2% compared to 8.8% for Australia, 7.6% for the US, 7.1% for the Euro Area and 6.1% for the UK, according to the IMF.

Unemployment below 4% for eight consecutive quarters

Strong Government finances: Affirmed last week by Fitch. Net debt of 18.9% of GDP, below Australia, the US, and the UK according to the IMF.

Seven trade agreements singed or upgraded; FTAs now cover almost three quarters of New Zealand’s export.'Stuff.

And all Natz have is- reboot the housing ponzi...leader has 7 houses and dep has 3-4.They think thats ...productivity.😄

• Fake News! 1

39 minutes ago, holy ravioli said:

Net debt of 18.9% of GDP, below Australia, the US, and the UK according to the IMF.

Using a new Net Debt measure conveniently introduced during Budget 2023.

Do you think it should include or exclude NZSF?

Did you ever answer the question is Housing NZ debt included in Public Debt?

42 minutes ago, holy ravioli said:

And all Natz have is- reboot the housing ponzi...leader has 7 houses and dep has 3-4.They think thats ...productivity

As opposed to Robertson borrowing and hoping while increasing the totally inefficient bureaucracy particularly MPI and MBIE.  Those two departments alone stop any productivity.  Over 3,000 employees in each with an average salary of $120k plus tax payer funded coffee.

1 hour ago, Chief Stipe said:

As opposed to Robertson borrowing and hoping while increasing the totally inefficient bureaucracy particularly MPI and MBIE.  Those two departments alone stop any productivity.  Over 3,000 employees in each with an average salary of $120k plus tax payer funded coffee.

MBIE was Steven Joyces baby'....spending blew out on his watch...big T.V $120,000...hair straightener for staff!!!...Never mind staff coffees.

Funny how I see Waikato Uni payed Joyce $966,000 for marketing advice...which he refuses to discuss.Waste under Natz I would be here all day...listing it.

Just now, holy ravioli said:

MBIE was Steven Joyces baby'....spending blew out on his watch...big T.V $120,000...hair straightener for staff!!!...Never mind staff coffees.

Funny how I see Waikato Uni payed Joyce $966,000 for marketing advice...which he refuses to discuss.Waste under Natz I would be here all day...listing it.

FFS let it go - you're living in the past.  But I guess going back a decade is all you've got.  

2 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

Really?  MBIE 3723 employees in 2017.  5,000 in 2023.  Nice work Labour.

Talking about 'nice work'....choke on this-

Govts spend more in crisis periods, and the Sixth Labour Govt has faced a few expensive ones. Total Govt spending hit 48.1% of GDP in 2011 under a National Govt with (C&S from Act, UF and TPM).

F5TEeonbMAAHF8M?format=png&name=small

4 minutes ago, holy ravioli said:

Talking about 'nice work'....choke on this-

Govts spend more in crisis periods, and the Sixth Labour Govt has faced a few expensive ones. Total Govt spending hit 48.1% of GDP in 2011 under a National Govt with (C&S from Act, UF and TPM).

F5TEeonbMAAHF8M?format=png&name=small

Just shows you that the GFC and the Christchurch earthquakes were bigger crises.  The Covid panicdemic was poorly managed and the economy shutdown was unnecessary - Sweden proved that. 

At least the expenditure in 2011 went into infrastructure.

I'll ask you again but in a different way.  What Crown Expenses have Labour pushed off their balance sheet to elsewhere?

1 hour ago, Chief Stipe said:

Just shows you that the GFC and the Christchurch earthquakes were bigger crises.  The Covid panicdemic was poorly managed and the economy shutdown was unnecessary - Sweden proved that. 

At least the expenditure in 2011 went into infrastructure.

I'll ask you again but in a different way.  What Crown Expenses have Labour pushed off their balance sheet to elsewhere?

NZ's response was the same as the other english speaking nations.

Trying to cherry pick Sweden doesn't withstand scrutiny.

You must remember that the Natz were  generally on board with the Covid response as rolled out,as were the majority of..voters.

7 minutes ago, holy ravioli said:

Another crACT candidate breaks off.Where do they find these misfits?

Fourth ACT candidate resigns in lead up to election (1news.co.nz)

Better to weed them out now than do what the Labour Government did.  Found out after they got ministerial limo's!

Seems to improve ACT's polling.  Hell they are closing in on Labour.  Imagine if the Red's ran third!

15 hours ago, holy ravioli said:

People need to be objective .....

Unemployment below 4% for eight consecutive quarters

Yeah.  I had two flatmates who were on jobseeker benefits, amd one on a sickness benefit.

The sickness beneficiary went back on meth and is in goal - again. 

Now the other two are both on 'medically assisted' benefits. 

You couldn't make this shit up.

No wonder unemployment is down.

5 hours ago, Freda said:

Yeah.  I had two flatmates who were on jobseeker benefits, amd one on a sickness benefit.

The sickness beneficiary went back on meth and is in goal - again. 

Now the other two are both on 'medically assisted' benefits. 

You couldn't make this shit up.

No wonder unemployment is down.

No doubt that the figures are not accurate.

Also no doubt that mass immigration for un or semi skilled workers is not a solution to employers needs.

Business likes very high unemployment rates to suppress wage growth.

The Reserve Bank is trying to engineer higher unemployment and recession to reduce inflation.

The right wing govts in the U.K have brought the economy to its knees with their hopeless policies which unfortunately are similar to the ones that National are pushing here.

If NACT win the election,the pain their short sighted policies will inflict  in ensuing years will have deep consequences.

Their defence that ...'its all because of...Labour '...will not cut it.