Bit Of A Yarn

Really ???? Harness Drivers told not to be happy during pre-lims.

Rangatira

10 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

They are probably under instruction from their managers.  There is stuff all profit in having a pub TAB.  The additional costs that the pub has to cough up makes them unprofitable.  The TAB doesn't pay enough.

That said I don't understand why the TAB doesn't leverage off its network to each location and allow free internet access thereby promoting their phone app. 

The TAB self serve terminals in Sydney put ours to shame. Easy to use and access to internet screens also available free of charge. NZ is behind the times. 

I hardly ever go on course anymore but if there was a private booth overlooking the track at Addington with free wifi and your own self service terminal that worked properly then I would pay money to book one every week. The track facilities at some tracks in North America you can do exactly that and it is brilliant.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Nowornever said:

The TAB self serve terminals in Sydney put ours to shame. Easy to use and access to internet screens also available free of charge. NZ is behind the times. 

I hardly ever go on course anymore but if there was a private booth overlooking the track at Addington with free wifi and your own self service terminal that worked properly then I would pay money to book one every week. The track facilities at some tracks in North America you can do exactly that and it is brilliant.

Why not just use your smart phone app?

My app used to freeze when I used it although I haven't tried it the last 6 months so maybe they have improved it. If I use my phone to bet, accessing the TAB web site through google is what works best for me but still prefer desktop as I am used to betting on that and it is much faster.

• Like 1