Bit Of A Yarn

Carter to WIN the NZ Junior Driver's Title.

Gammalite

Today we see young Carter Dalgety racing in the Junior Drivers Championship , and about to Show his class and Experience to take the Title.

Brodie will be proud to see his nominated talent get the Title as must be a great chance .

Tonight drawing Dance Till Dawn for the countries leading stable (Dunn's) and she has won 4 at Addington . Seems a living certainty you would think? 💰

$3.40 sportsbet Race 4. 

The second heat for Juniors Race 9... that sportsbet says is a pace, but is a mobile 'trot' by the look of it. Carter is on 2 'Love is Everywhere' 

if Carter can outdrive the 3 rivals on the 'HOPE' stable trotters he could win it at $11.     I'm on a 40-1 double for a few bucks for him to do it....🏆

The 'Hope' stable are gun trotter trainers though !!! . could even run the Trifecta ??  (so 3 'savers ' with them) 

Ben might help them drawn wide on the favourite for another stable lol 😁

4 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

Ben Hope could even it up in the 9th.

if he holds his nerve. he might be a show. 😉   

Did ya see Dance Till Dawn go for Carter in the 4th?  . I've never seen a horse so far clear of the field like that turning in since Armalight days 😁.  Absolutely donkey licked them by lengths. 

• Like 1

well that's a spanner in the works ..... Carter thought he was driving Gammalite by the look of it,  and took the leader on at the bell 😂.  so ran poor 4th with Carmalite in the end. 😪

(note to Carter = Don't drive like Gamma , you'll get nothing 😅😂)

• Haha 2

Carter showing a great deal of nerve in the 8th !!!!!!

Deciding to give his Nemesis Olivia a real run for the money with SWEET COCO.

Olivia rallied well and came over the top with Millwood Nike in the end for a stonking $28 quinella . shame we forgot to take that one.😆

Now for the Hope family trot .

Chief predicting Ben Hope to get in.

But will Carter go nuts and give it a shake again ?  nearly post time ............. 

Off to Gore or somewhere deep South for 3 Heats today. But the fields weren't big enough.?

should of had 4 heats on Sunday then ? at Methven with all the drivers getting a fair Go at it.

Defending Champion Sarah O'Reilly got 3 drives today,  and Won 2 in great style.

Just watching the replays and lucky they stuck them on Standing start trotters , as even someone with Sarahs great experience couldn't get that horse STEVE to go at the start at all.

If she Won with it as well the series was All Over Rover !!!!  she'd had 3 out of 3.

Carter can still win on Sunday at Methven (I think) drawing 13 AMELIA ROSE in Race 6. He will need to win maybe, and will probably need Sarah to run last with Kennedy though 🙄.

Why didn't the silly buggers have more than 'One' last Junior Heat on Sunday ???????

Edited by Gammalite
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Gammalite said:

Off to Gore or somewhere deep South for 3 Heats today. But the fields weren't big enough.?

should of had 4 heats on Sunday then ? at Methven with all the drivers getting a fair Go at it.

Defending Champion Sarah O'Reilly got 3 drives today,  and Won 2 in great style.

Just watching the replays and lucky they stuck them on Standing start trotters , as even someone with Sarahs great experience couldn't get that horse STEVE to go at the start at all.

If she Won with it as well the series was All Over Rover !!!!  she'd had 3 out of 3.

Carter can still win on Sunday at Methven (I think) drawing 13 AMELIA ROSE in Race 6. He will need to win maybe, and will probably need Sarah to run last with Kennedy though 🙄.

Why didn't the silly buggers have more than 'One' last Junior Heat on Sunday ???????

Gamma, Sarah O’Reilly is a very good driver, Junior or not.

However, I maintain Carter Dalgety is every bit as good and in my humble opinion better.

You only have to look at the UDR’s where Carter wins at close to every fourth drive, which is amazing for a Junior.

Great to have these driving champs, bjt as we both know it is not always the best driver that wins it at all.

It just depends on the horses that you draw, and many champs have been won by not the best driver, but the class of the horses driven.

• Like 2

On 10/6/2023 at 6:37 PM, Brodie said:

Gamma, Sarah O’Reilly is a very good driver, Junior or not.

Yes it was great work by Sarah once again. Drove the rank outsider of the field to 4th place at Methven (the place where she said she learned to drive) and took the Junior Drivers Title for the 4th time . What a legend !.. 

(the Gamma pick Carter Dalgety got 3rd I think) , behind Zev Meredith who drove very well through the series. Shame A.Harrison didn't go and have a crack  but a chance too I spose. 

And to cap off a great day for Sarah , she beat up all the old Boys/Ladies in the prestigious Methven Cup 🏆 to Boot .  seen here winning easily on 13-1 shot American Me after another great 10/10 drive from Sarah . Well done young Lady !!! 🏆🍾

American-Me-Methven-Cup-Sarah-Oreilly-blog-Oct-2023__ResizedImageWzYwMCwzNzld.jpg.163bc1bbc6f7e45d37f3cdd506cbec9b.jpg

• Like 2