Bit Of A Yarn

Entain down about $20m in two days!

Chief Stipe

23 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

What's your point?  Get modern download the app to your smart phone.  If you had you would have seen the pick 12 in order promotion.

FFS it wasn't easy to pick the 12 in order however I can see the method one would use to get close.  In that sort of field with lots of betting going on you'd expect the book to be fairly accurate.

What form?  Don't confuse incompetence or slack processes with fraud.

You're far too kind.....Don't tell me it's the 'junior staffer'...defence....!🙄

Corporations stiff the gullible every day of the...week.

Instead of jail time ,they pay fines.

45 minutes ago, curious said:

Anonymous?

Of course the winner chose to remain..anonymous as is his right.

Just had a look at the C.V of Cameron Rodger, Entains NZ Chief.

Even Guerin interviewing him was amazed at such a rapid rise...from tote operator selling tickets at Alex Pk to his new position.

What a start to his new career,at the forefront of an exciting $10million promo.

What luck it was struck....the free  advertising exposure has been all over Australasian msm and racing news sources.🤪

7 minutes ago, holy ravioli said:

Just had a look at the C.V of Cameron Rodger, Entains NZ Chief.

Even Guerin interviewing him was amazed at such a rapid rise...from tote operator selling tickets at Alex Pk to his new position.

What a start to his new career,at the forefront of an exciting $10million promo.

What luck it was struck....the free  advertising exposure has been all over Australasian msm and racing news sources.🤪

Conspiracist.  

1 hour ago, curious said:

Anonymous?

@curious what would you have calculated the odds of picking the 12 in order?  Given the two favoured horses were streets ahead of the rest.  I wonder if any syndicates were formed that put their free entries together.

5 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

Conspiracist.  

@curious what would you have calculated the odds of picking the 12 in order?  Given the two favoured horses were streets ahead of the rest.  I wonder if any syndicates were formed that put their free entries together.

The odds you mentioned are the correct odds.Being wise after the event is easy.

Love to know how many people entered ,who the insurer was and the payment method used to pay the anonymous winner.

As an aside the Coongy is on tomorrow at Caulfield=13 starters....can you point me in the direction of say the bottom 4...or even 2 I can put the line through!😀

10 minutes ago, holy ravioli said:

The odds you mentioned are the correct odds.Being wise after the event is easy.

No they were the Fixed Odds on offer about two hours BEFORE the event.  Hell you even told us Think About It was a shoe in!!!!!  So that left you with 11 to find.  Alcohol Free the $10m mare who hasn't done that much against top-class (I didn't think the Everest was that good a field) horses and was a last minute call up was odds on to finish last.

10 minutes ago, holy ravioli said:

Love to know how many people entered ,who the insurer was and the payment method used to pay the anonymous winner.

I bet you would.  Perhaps they wrote the winner a cheque?  Every TAB account holder I know put in a free entry.  Why wouldn't you?  Are you telling us you didn't or that you don't have a TABNZ account?  Geez there was even an easy bet option if you couldn't be bothered working it out!

So you have two conspiracies going now - one they didn't have insurance and two the winner doesn't exist.

34 minutes ago, holy ravioli said:

Have they?  Was that in the terms and conditions?  That's an oversight on Entain's part.  I would have thought if $10m was put on the line as a marketing promotion that you had in the T's & C's the right to at the very least take a photo of the winner!  

Quite frankly I haven't been impressed by Entain to date - I just can't work out where they are going to make more revenue from to match their promises.  One area is possibly in dumping the wagering software and the broadcasting contracts.  They could save at least $10m a year on the software for a start by leveraging off their other agencies contracts e.g. Ladbrokes.

24 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

Have they?  Was that in the terms and conditions?  That's an oversight on Entain's part.  I would have thought if $10m was put on the line as a marketing promotion that you had in the T's & C's the right to at the very least take a photo of the winner!  

Quite frankly I haven't been impressed by Entain to date - I just can't work out where they are going to make more revenue from to match their promises.  One area is possibly in dumping the wagering software and the broadcasting contracts.  They could save at least $10m a year on the software for a start by leveraging off their other agencies contracts e.g. Ladbrokes.

I harbour only one doubt....that it was struck.

Insurance was a must.

Your comment about the T's and C's actually supports my view.

How about the Coongy?-I realise picking before the race is much more ...onerous.

8 minutes ago, holy ravioli said:

How about the Coongy?-I realise picking before the race is much more ...onerous.

Why would I bother just to entertain your warped view of the world?  No return in it for me.

You obviously only choose to read what you want to read.  As I said one method of selecting the Pick 12 in Order for The Everest was to use the available fixed odds just prior to the race.  You would have got 10 out of 12.  That's what I did but I thought Overpass would do better than he did.

43 minutes ago, holy ravioli said:

The odds you mentioned are the correct odds.Being wise after the event is easy

I'm not surprised some one got it ??. The 5 favoured runners were up the front at the line .

The 5 least favoured runners at the back.  wasn't that hard .

The ones I wrote down were >>>>>>>>

ThinkAbout It 1,In Secret 2,IwishIWin 3, Espiona 4, PrivateEye 5, HawaiiFiveOh 6, Cylinder 7, Buenos Noches 8, AlcoholFree 9, Shinzo 10, Overpass 11, Mazu 12.

I was too generous to my outsider pick Espiona  , but Most players wouldn't of been....

so wasn't too far out really.😉  How did your Combo Go ??

THE WINNING COMBO WAS >>

ThinkAbout It 1, IwishIWin 2, PrivateEye 3, In Secret 4, Cylinder 5, HawaiiFiveOh 6, Espiona 7, Buenos Noches 8, Shinzo 9, Overpass 10, Mazu 11, Alcohol Free 12.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

Why would I bother just to entertain your warped view of the world?  No return in it for me.

You obviously only choose to read what you want to read.  As I said one method of selecting the Pick 12 in Order for The Everest was to use the available fixed odds just prior to the race.  You would have got 10 out of 12.  That's what I did but I thought Overpass would do better than he did.

OK I'll put $1000 in your TAB account if you pick the field  home in the correct order,just like the Everest.One shot o.k.One condition=must be 12 starters.😉

My earlier reference to correct odds was the 400million to one permutation.

Yes after the race when the favs lined up....everyone ...nearly got it!

15 minutes ago, Gammalite said:

I'm not surprised some one got it ??. The 5 favoured runners were up the front at the line .

The 5 least favoured runners at the back.  wasn't that hard .

The ones I wrote down were >>>>>>>>

ThinkAbout It 1,In Secret 2,IwishIWin 3, Espiona 4, PrivateEye 5, HawaiiFiveOh 6, Cylinder 7, Buenos Noches 8, AlcoholFree 9, Shinzo 10, Overpass 11, Mazu 12.

I was too generous to my outsider pick Espiona  , but Most players wouldn't of been....

so wasn't too far out really.😉  How did your Combo Go ??

THE WINNING COMBO WAS >>

ThinkAbout It 1, IwishIWin 2, PrivateEye 3, In Secret 4, Cylinder 5, HawaiiFiveOh 6, Espiona 7, Buenos Noches 8, Shinzo 9, Overpass 10, Mazu 11, Alcohol Free 12.

Just thinking......were there any photo finishes further down the field?  Does the official result include a look at the rolling photo?

24 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

Just thinking......were there any photo finishes further down the field?  Does the official result include a look at the rolling photo?

I think the margins were all pretty 'Clear Cut' Chief. 

The closest being between Buenos Noches and Shinzo 8th and 9th . a neck or so ....

Amazingly the field finished in order of ability on the day really . (as opposed to luck in the running or lack of , etc) 

I should of put the $10,000,000 mare Alcohol Free last , as squeaked into the field last minute , and wasn't going that well at all really , (compared to her rivals  that is) I'm sure a lot of the entries would of had her in last position. 

8 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

Conspiracist.  

I didn't bother but probably as Michael Dore did on the other channel. 1/8m odd.

1 hour ago, curious said:

I didn't bother but probably as Michael Dore did on the other channel. 1/8m odd.

Dore...TABMAN?....If the real odds were 1 in 8million...why have a prize for...$10million.?

If the prize was 5million would it have any less entries?

Love to know how many entered....highly confidential...I guess.🙄