Bit Of A Yarn

Smokin Bandar

Gammalite

What a terrific trotter. Looks absolutely beautiful trotting along with his ears twitching back and forth the whole time , and having a blast.

His 7th win at Addington tonight of his 11 wins to date.

Rowe Cup winner Bolt for Brilliance (was off hard handicap) but was a small field and BOLT got no-where near the Big Grey trotter .

A true Credit to his Trainer from way down south somewhere Craig Ferguson . 

Looks like the champion Greyhound getting along , from days gone by. download.jpg.7af5e52c4e16e94fff4fdd6de65d9121.jpg

• Like 2

Sure is a pretty horse to look at.

Went all the way to queensland ,but didn't like the place and kept galloping.Certainly won easy tonight although he can gallop sometimes for no reason,just like he did in the dominion last year.I've read his trainer has a higher udr that anyone previously. certainly would go straight to the top in nsw i think. Southlanders no doubt enjoy seeing him win,but no doubt secretly wish he would move to canterbury as well.

Surprising that his horse wag star paying so much later tonight. Go back a couple of starts and he would clearly have been the best 3yold around.It will be interesting to see in say 3 years how much longevity his best horses got. He doesn't over race them.

Bolt for brillance i thought just ran like he has when he has come south recently. i thought he never looked like he was going any good,even if he was slow early.

• Like 1

Dylan Ferguson was in Victoria last Sunday with LOVEMETO trying to win the Victoria Trotters Derby but was a bit of an impatient drive unfortunately. He had won the heat by 10 lengths the previous week and went for it a bit early in the final. 

LoveMeTo had won the great Northern Trotting Derby back in May at his last Nz start , but was driven by Blair Orange on that occasion and won very easily. 

A Queensland 3 yearold trotter won it (blue riband trotters Victoria Derby) and paid $50.00 odd.  they're starting to get a little better up this way with trotters now. excellent. 

Was very impressed with the 2 year old trot at Addington tonight Mr Galah ? 

Thankfully they got race 5 run before the rain came .. the Group 3 trotting stakes for the youngsters . Only 2 horses broke in the running !!!! out of 13 starters. crazy good !!!...Champion trotter trainer Paul Nairn winning with Head Em Up very easy , but most went great guns in that. I think there will be a lot of race winners come from that race in the future , and were a credit to that field of great 'trotting horse ' nz trainers. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, the galah said:

Surprising that his horse wag star paying so much later tonight. Go back a couple of starts and he would clearly have been the best 3yold around.It will be interesting to see in say 3 years how much longevity his best horses got. He doesn't over race them.

good tip mate. Wag Star won really well . through from the second row to take a good win for the Smokin Bandar team. seems a good trainer that Ferguson bloke alright 👍💰.

Mantra Blue was fantastic as well in her race . Coming from last in race 8 to make it 4 from 4 for Zachary Butcher. Maybe he'll start training more horses getting results like that ? she is gunna win a stack more races. very impressive Sweet Lou filly. a real Winner. 

• Like 3