Bit Of A Yarn

~drop in down under for some aussie cash.....

holy ravioli

6 hours ago, holy ravioli said:

So who can repel the invaders today.....??

U.K hurdlers to the fore Vauban,Absurde,More Felons...a Japanese threat-Breakup,can't see any locals that inspire confidence.

My picks-Vauban,More Felons,Gold Trip,Right You Are...and Ashrun.

None of those were in the first 4....woops first 5.

When you look back at media puzzle running 3.16 and some back in the day,not sure what the record is, I guess the firm track didn't help some of the northern hemisphere horses, the favourite was given every show, and just not good enough on the day, I did see three pulled up lame, but a least they got around in one piece, one was the top weight 

2 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

In the top 5 fastest times in the last 30 years.

The hurdlers couldn't go quick enough let alone stay.

'Kingston Rule (1986, Kentucky - December 2011) was an American-bred racehorse who raced in Australia, where he won the 1990 Melbourne Cup in a record time of 3:16:3. This time still stands as the record today.'

Don't know how much that 2 secs equates to in lengths....but know it's a hellova....margin.

2 minutes ago, holy ravioli said:

Don't know how much that 2 secs equates to in lengths....but know it's a hellova....margin.

It's about 0.12 of a second every 200m.

Anything under 3:19 is quick especially on the refurbished Flemington track.  That said some trainers and jockeys have referred to the fast pace of yesterday's race.

Ciaron Maher called it "hectic"!