Bit Of A Yarn

w house

the galah

Not sure whats happened to this driver,but its like hes a man on a mission to give all his recent drives a chance of winning..

Normally we are used to seeing him pop out for a late run from the back with 100m to go.

Is b orange secretly jumped into the house colours?

Edited by the galah
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, the galah said:

Not sure whats happened to this driver,but its like hes a man on a mission to give all his recent drives a chance of winning

He is a bit under rated and gets a few up at nice odds. I like the House runners they quite often fly under the radar but can race well when they want them too.

1 hour ago, Nowornever said:

Are you basing this on Johnny Mac who sat back on the fence then popped out for a late run from the back with 100m to go?

He actually was locked away 5 back the fence but then pushed out with 600m to go,going from the inside to the 3 wide line in about 20m and then made his sweeping move with about 350m to go.

Johnny mac is a horse i've been waiting to back when he got in the right race. Today he looked a top chance,but he was only paying $5 and i thought that just not enough given how hes always been driven for the last year or so. Personally i like bigger odds if i am to bet on a w house drive.But hey,like i have said,hes driving well at the moment.

Johnny mac was a 9 win horse.The hot favorite and the 3rd favorite in that race had only raced once in their careers. Yet they started on the same mark as johnny mac. Just another illustration of how harshly 1 start horses are treated if they win first up.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Nowornever said:

He is a bit under rated and gets a few up at nice odds. I like the House runners they quite often fly under the radar but can race well when they want them too.

Thats the thing isn't it.

When they had the big team racing everywhere they used to be driven by b orange and s ottley and s  o'relly and s thornley and the likes and you knew the drivers were after the wins.

But as you have said'when they want to".

Thats the present day when you have w house driving them. The stable appears to assess pre race whether they think they have a chance,and if they don't think they have,then you get very negative driving.And sometimes opportunities to earn are missed. But the thinking seems to be ,each unplaced run is one run closer to the next win for the connections of horses that go up and down in the grades.

Ultimately thats how to earn the most money from the current handicapping system

.If you have a horse that can win up to a r 45 race,with 6 subsequent unplaced runs your back to a r39,then you get into the r35-39 races and bouce back almost straight away to r45 with another win or maybe 2 if you put a concession junior on.Thats why the big earners these days are horses like rubys a delight. 

Thats why the current handicapping system is great if you own some horses ,but also why some get disillusioned when they see their handy horses winning early on,then having no choice but to run against horses that have won heaps more races than them,so often those horses are sold overseas or retired.

Edited by the galah
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, the galah said:

Thats the thing isn't it.

When they had the big team racing everywhere they used to be driven by b orange and s ottley and s  o'relly and s thornley and the likes and you knew the drivers were after the wins.

But as you have said'when they want to".

Thats the present day when you have w house driving them. The stable appears to assess pre race whether they think they have a chance,and if they don't think they have,then you get very negative driving.And sometimes opportunities to earn are missed. But the thinking seems to be ,each unplaced run is one run closer to the next win for the connections of horses that go up and down in the grades.

Ultimately thats how to earn the most money from the current handicapping system

.If you have a horse that can win up to a r 45 race,with 6 subsequent unplaced runs your back to a r39,then you get into the r35-39 races and bouce back almost straight away to r45 with another win or maybe 2 if you put a concession junior on.Thats why the big earners these days are horses like rubys a delight. 

Thats why the current handicapping system is great if you own some horses ,but also why some get disillusioned when they see their handy horses winning early on,then having no choice but to run against horses that have won heaps more races than them,so often those horses are sold overseas or retired.

Totally agree….