Bit Of A Yarn

Cup Day 2023

Walt

3 hours ago, Gammalite said:

Betterzippit another great example this year  winning the feature $1,000,000 race in the west , then What ??

Yep another BS race based on no pattern.  A sweepstake!  Promo race!  Bit like The Everest.  

Only had 4 starts since.  That Nullabor field was crap so didn't beat much.

• Haha 1

Well speaking of 'Cup Day' (and an Aussie Win) Swayzee unknown by most .....

But it's WORLD CUP One Day Cricket Cup final Day too !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Australia Win !!!!!  what a great tournament. 🏏🏏 and beat a billion Indians for my b'day treat. 

The Black caps went great and only beaten 6 runs in a very high scoring match during the rounds , which was a cracker, and India just got a few too many runs for Nz as well in the Semi.

But some great fielding by the Aussies restricted INDIA to 240 and the 130,000 Indian fans at the ground to silence for last hour, and great b'day treat for Gamma, and finally a century to TRAVIS HEAD and it's VICTORY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wahoooooo  Nine on the TROT and Cup Day Win number 2 for the week !!!!!!!!!!!!!! wacko smacko 😁😆🍾🏆 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Gammalite said:

Tim Butt is pretty good trainer .

Then why did Swayzee lose form?

12 hours ago, Gammalite said:

Betterzippit trainer couldn't win Manawatu. suddenly beats some of the very best in Australia at Gloucester Park . 

In average time.

13 hours ago, Gammalite said:

Betterzippit another great example this year  winning the feature $1,000,000 race in the west , then What ??

Ran second in a Group 2 beaten 1 length  giving the winner a 10m headstart in Handicap.

13 hours ago, the galah said:

It came out in that case that Fishman,boasted to some trainers that he supplied the likes of sheik mohammed al maktoum.

So you'd believe anything a snakeoil salesman would say?

13 hours ago, the galah said:

Also its because i assess race by race that i notice performance changes. That is my strong suit. My ability to do so accurately is what i base everything i say on.

I don't believe it is your strong suit as your assessments are skewed by your conspiracy theories.  If you'd accurately assessed Swayzee's career performance you'd know that Grimson has him performing up to his best form.  

Same with Cya Art.  Its Junior FFA second wasn't exceptional.

Feel free to detail your quantitative analysis showing otherwise.  

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:
17 hours ago, Gammalite said:

Tim Butt is pretty good trainer .

Then why did Swayzee lose form?

Well I don't know why Tim couldn't get that horse going early this year in the Autumn . Is Possibly the reason it was so hard to Believe he could beat Mark Purdon on Nz tracks  .

Tim a 'Proven Trainer ' of stayers . Check out these Hunter Cup Winners 🏆🏆. The Australian Feature stayers race of the calender year. 

Tim Butt can sure produce a Winner . 

The HUNTER Cup Also won for New Zealand by Blossom Lady twice and several other Nz  stars.  

Lazarus, Yulestar, Smolda,  and Elsu . These 4 also winning the INTERDOMINION pacing Grand Final .  

Let's hope we DON't have to enter SWAYZEE (the moderate performer 😉😁) onto the list of Hunter Cup nor Interdominion winners list anytime soon,  where great names like 'Gammalite' and 'Blacks A Fake' linger 🏆 🏆

Recent Hunter Cup winners >>>>>>>>>

Trainer                     Driver

2014 3280m Christen Me (NZ) Cran Dalgety Dexter Dunn 1:59.2
2013 3280m Mah Sish (NZ) Tim Butt Anthony Butt 1:59.2
2012 3280m Choise Achiever (NZ) Tim Butt Anthony Butt 1:59.9
2011 3280m Stunnin Cullen (NZ) Tim Butt Anthony Butt 2:01.1
2010 3065m Bondy (NZ) David Butt David Butt 2:01.7
2009 3065m Mr Feelgood (USA) Tim Butt Anthony Butt 1:59.3
2008 3065m Blacks A Fake Natalie Rasmussen Natalie Rasmussen 1:58.9
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

Recent?!  Nine years ago?

Feels like just last week mate . 😆😂

here's the fastest horse EVER in Australasia in Photo . think that it's more recent 🤔.

Trainer Tim Butt . Driver Anthony Butt . what a great team. they're handy with a horse.

The 4 huge Group 1 Victories of mark Purdons Allstars this Cup week show their ability , and that is quite recent too.

But superceded by Jason Grimson.?  on their home deck. Well I spose Australia Baggie Greens just did it to India in the cricket overnight. (Superceded them on their home deck)  .. so things are possible if you try.

old mate Vinny Knight would of loved it for sure. ( the great man Vinny only 2nd in the Nz Cup with his throw at the stumps though ) 

download.jpg.c06afbf2c726003ece8aee2f328263b4.jpg

Edited by Gammalite
  • Like 1
  • Champ Post 1