Bit Of A Yarn

Thomas - Cox Plate - who do I punt

Turny

34 minutes ago, Turny said:

Thomas, my syndicate bet Saturday - who is wearing the blinkers - who do I punt

Weir's runners, Humidor has Blinkers again and watch out! Kings Will Dream has Blinkers on FIRST TIME!

I'd be looking at Rostropovich top 3 or top 4 for odds compared to the likes of Winx myself. But fans of SC can get 5s to run top 3. 

In the absence of a swift reply from Tommy TomTom. I predict he will answer as follows:

• Look for horses that are dropping down in grade (mwahahaha)
  • Horses that are wearing blinkers first time will always beat horses that cant get used to them being on or off or on off
  • If you cant work out the winner in advance call TommyTomTom's private line 0900 4 TOMTOM ...after 7pm Sat nite
    (Calls cost $10 per minute, forgive the stammering receptionist, she's new and a real doll, apparently ...Princess is her name)
  • Haha 1

On 24/10/2018 at 7:56 PM, mardigras said:

Weir's runners, Humidor has Blinkers again and watch out! Kings Will Dream has Blinkers on FIRST TIME!

From Sky Sports

Cox Plate runner Kings Will Dream has been doing his work this week at the Warrnambool Beach in a bid to freshen up after running in the Caulfield Cup. Owner Brad @SpicerTbreds says all reports have been good and hopefully blinkers going on will do the job.

1 minute ago, Chief Stipe said:

The thing about this blinker parameter is I can't see which horse you should pick based on it.  First time on or off?  Thomass says both.  Which horse on each race as there is often more than one?

For sure. I'm not in any way anti blinkers, but I can only see it benefiting a punter that believes they can see the relationship with the horse in question and how they see them helping that actual horse. And even then, it is going to be achieving something that even the best trainers can't work out since the vast majority don't achieve the trainer much at all. if someone has that skill, good on them. 

To arbitrarily state add 30% is just nuts.

On ‎25‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 8:08 PM, mardigras said:

From Sky Sports

Cox Plate runner Kings Will Dream has been doing his work this week at the Warrnambool Beach in a bid to freshen up after running in the Caulfield Cup. Owner Brad @SpicerTbreds says all reports have been good and hopefully blinkers going on will do the job.

worked a treat