Bit Of A Yarn

The Karaka certainly stuffs up the 2yr old pattern!

1 hour ago, holy ravioli said:

Can't you answer the question?

I know you're a good judge.

DO I HAVE TO SPELL IT OUT FOR YOU - I said ARGUABLY the best 2yr olds in NZ won't be at Karaka.  For a start all those bought outside of Karaka aren't eligible.  2 of the top 5 this season aren't eligible.

Here is a list of the 2yr old winners to date - http://www.racebase.co.nz/t2yo.htm

12 minutes ago, holy ravioli said:

Do you blame me.You usually have an opinion on everything...but have  no idea as to who is the top 2.y.o atm.

I'll say once again that arguably the top 2yr old won't be at Karaka.  The top 3yr old won't be.  That's the downside of sweepstake races based on limited entry criteria.

20 minutes ago, holy ravioli said:

Do you blame me.You usually have an opinion on everything...but have  no idea as to who is the top 2.y.o atm.

Its all a matter of perspective. What do you base top 2yo on: group races won, stakes money won, quality of horses beaten?

The horse that was voted top 2yo last year won nothing significant other than a restricted entry sweepstake race and hasn't fired a shot as a 3yo against all comers.

So these days all such assessments are totally relative and subjective.

Based on stakes money the last start maiden winner that wins the gimmick race at Trentham this month is a better horse than the Wgtn Cup winner. So who has any idea which horses are the best these days. It's a whole new world.

• Like 1

Just now, holy ravioli said:

Didn't see that.Only saw a list of 2 y.o's and their performance.

Who did they rate top?

Ummmm the one at the top of the list?  The point is not all the best 2yr old are at Karaka.  Why?  Simple really - they are not eligible.  Not based on performance bit because they were sold and/or breed somewhere else.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Doomed said:

Based on stakes money the last start maiden winner that wins the gimmick race at Trentham this month is a better horse than the Wgtn Cup winner. So who has any idea which horses are the best these days. It's a whole new world.

But should it be?