Bit Of A Yarn

New Zealand's First Slot Race!

1 hour ago, curious said:

Yes. A NZ bred horse might have been sold at any sale say the Gold Coast or Sydney and still be eligible. Just that a non-NZ bred sold in NZ is also eligible.

They have expanded the eligible sales to include all NZB auctions. I don't know what happens if a competing sales company starts up in NZ during the 3 year term.

(c) is for three-year-olds only that were either:
(i) bred in New Zealand, as determined by NZTR in accordance with the New Zealand Stud
Book and Register of Non Stud Book Mares Regulations (as published from time to time
by NZTR); or
(ii) sold through the ring at a Thoroughbred sale (including on-line sales) conducted by New
Zealand Bloodstock Limited or on-line by its subsidiary, Gavelhouse Ltd. or passed
through the ring at any such sale and sold within 30 days of the sale at not less than the
price at which the horse was passed-in.

So if a horse is bred in NZ,passed in at the sales and sold for less than the passed in price ,is it eligible or...not?

8 minutes ago, Special Agent said:

Reading the terms, I'd say no.

Very ambiguous...'c) is for three-year-olds only that were either:
(i) bred in New Zealand, as determined by NZTR in accordance with the New Zealand Stud
Book and Register of Non Stud Book Mares Regulations (as published from time to time'

Satisfies this condition.

42 minutes ago, holy ravioli said:

So if a horse is bred in NZ,passed in at the sales and sold for less than the passed in price ,is it eligible or...not?

What's your point?  The sale price is irrelevant.  The horse you describe meets the criteria - bred in NZ.  Irrelevant what sale it went to.

A horse bred in NZ and sold at say the Magic Millions in OZ would also be eligible.