Bit Of A Yarn

Don't Stop Dreaming

Great run first up in Australia at Melton tonight. Don't Stop Dreaming for Mark Purdon. 

Beaten 1/2 head by the Interdominion runner -up BETTER ECLIPSE , who also raced well in Nz for Sugars last Autumn.

The HUNTER Cup is next week. they'll both be flat out to beat the Champ Queenslander LEAP TO FAME (who is having jog wins lately at Albion) 

Some former Kiwi's running the First 4 in the fast class at Menangle in fine style.

North Islander TAIPO winning easy , from old champ Spirit of St Louis well clear of the rest . Can you believe BOOM getting 4th ? Poor old 'Alta Orlando' stopped bad again . the Dunn owned horse sat 1-1 but couldn't go with them . he is out of tickets it seems.

1st 6   TAIPO BRAD HEWITT FT     5.70 1.80
2nd 10   SPIRIT OF ST LOUIS JACK CALLAGHAN FT       1.20
3rd 11   CANTFINDABETTORMAN LUKE MCCARTHY FT       2.00
4th 3   BOOM JIM DOUGLASS FT  
Edited by Gammalite
  • Like 1

Hunter Cup looking like a mouth watering preposition Gammalite. 

I feel you may be on the cusp of changing your user name to "Leap To Fame"...sacrilege I know :)  The very thought thought requires the mouth to be cleaned out with soap.

Got to wonder what Alta Orlando has to do for a lush back paddock? He's 12 years old, won over a million dollars and if he's not saying "enough" then I don't know what is. 

• Haha 2

• 2 months later...
On 1/28/2024 at 4:30 AM, Walt said:

Hunter Cup looking like a mouth watering preposition Gammalite. 

I feel you may be on the cusp of changing your user name to "Leap To Fame"...sacrilege I know :)  The very thought thought requires the mouth to be cleaned out with soap.

Yes indeed Walt. Leap to Fame has not only taken the Win here in the Hunter Cup in this Photo a few weeks ago , but went on to do what his fellow Interdominion GF Winners 'Gammalite' and 'Blacks A Fake' couldn't (both ran 2nd) and Win the time honoured 'Miracle Mile' as well.

But look at this brilliant kiwi horse Don't Stop Dreaming. closing on him late on here for 2nd in the Hunter Cup in this photo , and finished brilliantly from the back again tonight at Cambridge for a very close third to Merlin and Sooner The Better in the Feature race.

Is His BIG Moment coming next week ? In the Big The Race by Grins ?  Don't Stop Dreaming is still the potential Superstar. He's Not far off Leap to Fame now . and a Nz Cup beckon's Nov. 

and the Race by Grins is his 'Dreaming' Step up to the Elite  ... (all going well 😁)  

images.jpg.61598c72354f18a48283a062b2684667.jpg

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Gammalite said:

Yes indeed Walt. Leap to Fame has not only taken the Win here in the Hunter Cup in this Photo a few weeks ago , but went on to do what his fellow Interdominion GF Winners 'Gammalite' and 'Blacks A Fake' couldn't (both ran 2nd) and Win the time honoured 'Miracle Mile' as well.

But look at this brilliant kiwi horse Don't Stop Dreaming. closing on him late on here for 2nd in the Hunter Cup in this photo , and finished brilliantly from the back again tonight at Cambridge for a very close third to Merlin and Sooner The Better in the Feature race.

Is His BIG Moment coming next week ? In the Big The Race by Grins ?  Don't Stop Dreaming is still the potential Superstar. He's Not far off Leap to Fame now . and a Nz Cup beckon's Nov. 

and the Race by Grins is his 'Dreaming' Step up to the Elite  ... (all going well 😁)  

images.jpg.61598c72354f18a48283a062b2684667.jpg

The mile @ Cambridge last night was an absolute beauty Gammalite. 

You can watch the replay multiple times and find multiple winners had they had an ounce of luck. The two most notable to my eye were Don't Stop Dreaming and Self Assured. 

I can't recall seeing the draw for a major NZ race that is as important as the upcoming draw for the Grins. 

Don't Stop Dreaming must be awfully hard to beat .....but the same can be said for numerous others. If harness followers don't get excited about this race, I don't know what will stir their blood.

Best horses, top trainers, top drivers all giving 100%. 

Will be watching for stable piggy backs and musical chairs etc but they will all be there to win. 

Without knowing the all important barrier draw, my top 6 prediction and in finishing order is:

1) Don't Stop Dreaming

2) Merlin

3) Self Assured 

4) Sooner The Better

5) Old Town Road

6) Mach Shard

https://harness.hrnz.co.nz/gws/ws/r/infohorsews/wsd06x?Arg=hrnzg-Ptype&Arg=RaceVideo&Arg=hrnzg-RacehdrID&Arg=41D4C060-E298-42E5-9A7E-C2A0E334D781&Arg=hrnzg-rSite&Arg=TRUE

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Walt said:

The mile @ Cambridge last night was an absolute beauty Gammalite. 

You can watch the replay multiple times and find multiple winners had they had an ounce of luck. The two most notable to my eye were Don't Stop Dreaming and Self Assured. 

I can't recall seeing the draw for a major NZ race that is as important as the upcoming draw for the Grins. 

Don't Stop Dreaming must be awfully hard to beat .....but the same can be said for numerous others. If harness followers don't get excited about this race, I don't know what will stir their blood.

Best horses, top trainers, top drivers all giving 100%. 

Will be watching for stable piggy backs and musical chairs etc but they will all be there to win. 

Without knowing the all important barrier draw, my top 6 prediction and in finishing order is:

1) Don't Stop Dreaming

2) Merlin

3) Self Assured 

4) Sooner The Better

5) Old Town Road

6) Mach Shard

https://harness.hrnz.co.nz/gws/ws/r/infohorsews/wsd06x?Arg=hrnzg-Ptype&Arg=RaceVideo&Arg=hrnzg-RacehdrID&Arg=41D4C060-E298-42E5-9A7E-C2A0E334D781&Arg=hrnzg-rSite&Arg=TRUE

A good race alright Walt.....I sneaked across town to see the horses live.

Don't forget Bettor Eclipse ,the Aussie,  in there some where !

And up close South Coast Arden a magnificent looking specimen....he could be a roughie !

Draws were often discussed when Jewels held at Cambridge but winners came from everywhere.

Being on the rails a big plus at Cambridge if you on the right horse or following the right one ,as it hard to go wide and win IMO.

1 hour ago, TAB For Ever said:

A good race alright Walt.....I sneaked across town to see the horses live.

Don't forget Bettor Eclipse ,the Aussie,  in there some where !

And up close South Coast Arden a magnificent looking specimen....he could be a roughie !

Draws were often discussed when Jewels held at Cambridge but winners came from everywhere.

Being on the rails a big plus at Cambridge if you on the right horse or following the right one ,as it hard to go wide and win IMO.

I learned a long time ago not to dismiss any runners in any race...but, having said that you like most others will have noticed something very familiar with the All Stars and Barry Purdon stable runners. This is especially so in elite races and even more so when they have enough runners to "CONTROL" the race. They better than all others know how to use their numerical advantage. Each one of their runners are very capable of winning the race even if they were the sole stable runner so when they have a huge numerical advantage it's virtually game over.

No other stable has the luxury of moving early and not risk it being game over well before the home turn comes into view. The Purdon runners will quickly dominate the Grins. Probably inside the first quarter but definitely within the first half mile. They will have lead, trail, parked and likely one, one cover. They won't risk a non stable threat being gifted the passing lane to ruin the party. This is where musical chairs comes into play. After a few seasons it becomes predictable it's almost boring. The only possible hope South Coast Ardern could have is to be three back on the fence and hope the heavens open and the bigger guns have somehow spent their chips. Even if he drew one I'd still have him at 100-1. He can't lead. He'd get slaughtered. He won't be gifted the trail so he needs to draw one and then hope for a miracle. Even with that scenario, I'd still have him at 100-1.  I would point out however that he ran only 0.7 slower than Merlin from a shocking draw. He'll be winning a worthwhile race soon enough but I doubt very much he'll be in the first 5 here. 

Better Eclipse is up against it big time. Not for me when you consider the Purdon runners and the dynamic that will inevitably unfold.

Don't Stop Dreaming can lead, sit parked or swoop late. Merlin can lead and or sit parked. Self Assured can lead, sit parked or use the passing lane. Something would need to go terribly wrong for them not to be controlling the race soon after the start. Sooner the Better started fav for a reason last night and even Mach Shard was not far away. I'm not a big fan of Scott Phelan on Mach Shard who is not in the same league as the other drivers. He can however be a thorn in the side of others

Alta Wiseguy is 500-1 for mine. 

The biggest threat to a complete Purdon domination is Old Town Road. He still had something to give at the finish with little room to improve. If he found the one one or three back on the outside ready to rumble turning in, he's a genuine threat but he'd be doing it on his own and needs best case scenario to win. 

Nothing factual on what I'm saying. Just my perspective that usually comes with a degree of confidence. 

As an aside. I haven't read all points of view on the new Trackside layout but what I have read and heard is not positive. I'm interested in your perspective as both a viewer and a TAB cheerleader ? 

Edited by Walt
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Walt said:

I learned a long time ago not to dismiss any runners in any race...but, having said that you like most others will have noticed something very familiar with the All Stars and Barry Purdon stable runners. This is especially so in elite races and even more so when they have enough runners to "CONTROL" the race. They better than all others know how to use their numerical advantage. Each one of their runners are very capable of winning the race even if they were the sole stable runner so when they have a huge numerical advantage it's virtually game over.

No other stable has the luxury of moving early and not risk it being game over well before the home turn comes into view. The Purdon runners will quickly dominate the Grins. Probably inside the first quarter but definitely within the first half mile. They will have lead, trail, parked and likely one, one cover. They won't risk a non stable threat being gifted the passing lane to ruin the party. This is where musical chairs comes into play. After a few seasons it becomes predictable it's almost boring. The only possible hope South Coast Ardern could have is to be three back on the fence and hope the heavens open and the bigger guns have somehow spent their chips. Even if he drew one I'd still have him at 100-1. He can't lead. He'd get slaughtered. He won't be gifted the trail so he needs to draw one and then hope for a miracle. Even with that scenario, I'd still have him at 100-1.  I would point out however that he ran only 0.7 slower than Merlin from a shocking draw. He'll be winning a worthwhile race soon enough but I doubt very much he'll be in the first 5 here. 

Better Eclipse is up against it big time. Not for me when you consider the Purdon runners and the dynamic that will inevitably unfold.

Don't Stop Dreaming can lead, sit parked or swoop late. Merlin can lead and or sit parked. Self Assured can lead, sit parked or use the passing lane. Something would need to go terribly wrong for them not to be controlling the race soon after the start. Sooner the Better started fav for a reason last night and even Mach Shard was not far away. I'm not a big fan of Scott Phelan on Mach Shard who is not in the same league as the other drivers. He can however be a thorn in the side of others

Alta Wiseguy is 500-1 for mine. 

The biggest threat to a complete Purdon domination is Old Town Road. He still had something to give at the finish with little room to improve. If he found the one one or three back on the outside ready to rumble turning in, he's a genuine threat but he'd be doing it on his own and needs best case scenario to win. 

Nothing factual on what I'm saying. Just my perspective that usually comes with a degree of confidence. 

As an aside. I haven't read all points of view on the new Trackside layout but what I have read and heard is not positive. I'm interested in your perspective as both a viewer and a TAB cheerleader ? 

Sorry Walt , I not too fussed about colour and layouts etc  on the TV trackside and not too fussed either about what the previewers /tipsters say or the interviews with trainers and drivers.

I bet modestly with my computer and own judgement while at home with my computer and TV at the ready .I don't mind watching the replays on HRNZ if out when races run.Just keep my eye off my balance.

Unlike many on here I don't hang on every word the studio folk say while looking for mistakes , bad grammar or bad deodorant.

I follow stable updates ,emails ,spies ,trials etc so I know more than them anyway...like many on here......except for Michael Guerin and Adam Hamilton.

This is horse racing afterall....I know those guys know their stuff ,get real info from insiders etc and I like their logic and MG's know-all attitude. Confidence is important and he been around a while !

And I don't mind if a race comes up from Dapto dogs or Aussie/Japan outback cos TAB is for betting and TV the best info of who is racing...last 2 minutes ,get on quick. Racing is dependent on Betting. Racing is a Television Sport.

Some of biggest Harness followers on-line don't bet or own horses.....they should be BANNED !

I attend on-course  often so when there I tend to check the horses etc and see what is happening......Chief in a bad moment said I'd be in Bar...Nope ! I went to Cambridge last night as a lead in to next week GRINS but already I'm looking for excuses.......another YARN

I'm having a little side-bet with a guy from down your way tasmanman as to who can attend the most meetings.When younger while working in fulltime jobs we clocked up 100 meetings one year .Some effort .

Don't let that Nelson sun effect your thinking and stay away from that Takaka weed !

2 minutes ago, TAB For Ever said:

Sorry Walt , I not too fussed about colour and layouts etc  on the TV trackside and not too fussed either about what the previewers /tipsters say or the interviews with trainers and drivers.

I bet modestly with my computer and own judgement while at home with my computer and TV at the ready .I don't mind watching the replays on HRNZ if out when races run.Just keep my eye off my balance.

Unlike many on here I don't hang on every word the studio folk say while looking for mistakes , bad grammar or bad deodorant.

I follow stable updates ,emails ,spies ,trials etc so I know more than them anyway...like many on here......except for Michael Guerin and Adam Hamilton.

This is horse racing afterall....I know those guys know their stuff ,get real info from insiders etc and I like their logic and MG's know-all attitude. Confidence is important and he been around a while !

And I don't mind if a race comes up from Dapto dogs or Aussie/Japan outback cos TAB is for betting and TV the best info of who is racing...last 2 minutes ,get on quick. Racing is dependent on Betting. Racing is a Television Sport.

Some of biggest Harness followers on-line don't bet or own horses.....they should be BANNED !

I attend on-course  often so when there I tend to check the horses etc and see what is happening......Chief in a bad moment said I'd be in Bar...Nope ! I went to Cambridge last night as a lead in to next week GRINS but already I'm looking for excuses.......another YARN

I'm having a little side-bet with a guy from down your way tasmanman as to who can attend the most meetings.When younger while working in fulltime jobs we clocked up 100 meetings one year .Some effort .

Don't let that Nelson sun effect your thinking and stay away from that Takaka weed !

TABFORVEVER, can you kindly advise why your mates changed the graphics and info that we had last week?
Personally can not see one thing that is of any benefit to the viewers! Not one!

Why did they remove all PLACE ODDS?

Why is there no betting pools?

What was wrong with the previous colours?

Do you think that many gives a rats what the trackside presenters think???

Does anyone actually care about who the trainers of greyhounds are in OZ???

Do you know who the DICKHEAD was that approved the changes???

It is AMATEUR TIME from Entain without doubt!

Re GRINS selections two horses clearly standouts in the betting and on paper..Don't Stop Dreaming and Merlin.

They both young and improving and in form......

You refer Purdon as a team ,I think they are arch enemies out on the track.

The Grins race is 2200 m but I suspect it will be a fierce speed....a lot of the contenders have been winless for 7 to 9 starts ,including Sooner the Better and Self Assured both models of consistency . The former only won 4 races. He been chasing these ones around a lot !

But never underestimate the Aussies...I think their horses really tough and can run fast times and gutz it out. I don't know a lot about STT and RnR Do who scratched last night, but Better Eclipse I wary of.

He raced only 3 times in NZ and been in fight everytime ....2 x close 3rd's and a 4th ...in blanket finishes with Akuta ,SA ,CT etc coming from back of field etc . ,in fast time too !

South Coast Arden looks a real horse now and was OK chasing DSD up straight last night ,and he one that can go hard from gate and lead at all costs .Many won't want to trail him in case he stops ,but many won't want to race him hard over first 800m.

OTR always unlucky...big potential

For me....1. Don't Stop Dreaming

2.Better Eclipse

3.Self Assured...all tri's and F4

4.Merlin

10 minutes ago, TAB For Ever said:

I also don't give a monkey's what the tipsters / presenters say on Trackside. Why would I if I have access to replays etc and have a functional brain to form my own conclusions?

I will however tune in to a trainer being interviewed and try and interoperate what he has just said. Overall, I think Mark Purdon is a good judge so the mute button comes off when he's being interviewed and back on again when funeral director type personality Craig Thompson is doing his near worthless blurb. 

I'm not wagering at this time so aren't impacted by the cosmetic changes to Trackside. I will say that changing colour and font are important especially for older viewers. This is an area I hope they sought feedback from those most likely to be impacted? Customers matter.

I also know several punters who only wager for a place and it seems the fixed odds place prices have now disappeared. That would seem a serious oversight if correct?

As for Takaka weed and Nelson sun impacting on my thinking. We are several decades too late on that score

• Like 1
  • Champ Post 1

17 minutes ago, TAB For Ever said:

Re GRINS selections two horses clearly standouts in the betting and on paper..Don't Stop Dreaming and Merlin.

They both young and improving and in form......

You refer Purdon as a team ,I think they are arch enemies out on the track.

The Grins race is 2200 m but I suspect it will be a fierce speed....a lot of the contenders have been winless for 7 to 9 starts ,including Sooner the Better and Self Assured both models of consistency . The former only won 4 races. He been chasing these ones around a lot !

But never underestimate the Aussies...I think their horses really tough and can run fast times and gutz it out. I don't know a lot about STT and RnR Do who scratched last night, but Better Eclipse I wary of.

He raced only 3 times in NZ and been in fight everytime ....2 x close 3rd's and a 4th ...in blanket finishes with Akuta ,SA ,CT etc coming from back of field etc . ,in fast time too !

South Coast Arden looks a real horse now and was OK chasing DSD up straight last night ,and he one that can go hard from gate and lead at all costs .Many won't want to trail him in case he stops ,but many won't want to race him hard over first 800m.

OTR always unlucky...big potential

For me....1. Don't Stop Dreaming

2.Better Eclipse

3.Self Assured...all tri's and F4

4.Merlin

The pace being fierce is a mouth watering prospect. I hope you're right. My concern is a Purdon runner will walk them in front and nobody will risk cashing in their chips early by being left posted as it's unlikely another Purdon runner such as Merlin would hand up the parked position. He's won two good races recently from that position so has earned respect.

Yes, the Purdon teams are racing each other but they are far more likely to bully a runner from a non family member than each other. I believe that to be factual. 

Blood is thicker than water and by that I don't mean to impugn the Purdon family who I have considerable respect for. 

1 hour ago, TAB For Ever said:

Usually only need about 30 seconds before you spot one of those!

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Walt said:

I also don't give a monkey's what the tipsters / presenters say on Trackside. Why would I if I have access to replays etc and have a functional brain to form my own conclusions?

I will however tune in to a trainer being interviewed and try and interoperate what he has just said. Overall, I think Mark Purdon is a good judge so the mute button comes off when he's being interviewed and back on again when funeral director type personality Craig Thompson is doing his near worthless blurb. 

I'm not wagering at this time so aren't impacted by the cosmetic changes to Trackside. I will say that changing colour and font are important especially for older viewers. This is an area I hope they sought feedback from those most likely to be impacted? Customers matter.

I also know several punters who only wager for a place and it seems the fixed odds place prices have now disappeared. That would seem a serious oversight if correct?

As for Takaka weed and Nelson sun impacting on my thinking. We are several decades too late on that score

Fair enough......

I also intended to mention the excellent interviews done by Jo Stevens [ North] and Nigel Unhinged [ Canterbury]. I usually view those !

Often ,and I saw it last night , the interviews with trainers at races are conducted when they are very busy ,gearing horses etc so I'd imagine their answers would be fairly generic . Plus going by many comments made by them after the race they often don't really know how the horse will warm up ,how focused it will be behind the gate etc and the intentions of the other drivers.

Apparently riding/driving not as easy as it looks !

6 hours ago, Brodie said:

TABFORVEVER, can you kindly advise why your mates changed the graphics and info that we had last week?
Personally can not see one thing that is of any benefit to the viewers! Not one!

Why did they remove all PLACE ODDS?

Why is there no betting pools?

What was wrong with the previous colours?

Do you think that many gives a rats what the trackside presenters think???

Does anyone actually care about who the trainers of greyhounds are in OZ???

Do you know who the DICKHEAD was that approved the changes???

It is AMATEUR TIME from Entain without doubt!

Well change can be difficult for many of us to handle.

They/we trying to introduce new young people to sport and wagering....not trying to speak to the converted but if it that bad it could discourage folk but i'd doubt that.Maybe it explains why Aussie pools so small compared to win pool.

Maybe they think showing $1.20 return for $1 not that attractive .$5 on and $6 back.I think in Lotto you can win several $mil for 5 bucks. And hundreds with a 20cent spin at Casino.

Oscar Bonavena was paying $1.02 for place.

As 10% of punters spend over 80% of bets ,they unlikely to be put off.

Plus Week 1 is fairly early to condemn it ....surely they will tweak and improve...anything worth doing is worth doing poorly at first.

They held market research groups plus have a marketing/PR  agency specialising in retail trends and attracting new interest.In racing terms they have an excellent track record.

It bound to get better...does anyone nail these things in ONE week !

The computer/phone shows the converted all the info you need and most bets done on these. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, TAB For Ever said:

Fair enough......

I also intended to mention the excellent interviews done by Jo Stevens [ North] and Nigel Unhinged [ Canterbury]. I usually view those !

Often ,and I saw it last night , the interviews with trainers at races are conducted when they are very busy ,gearing horses etc so I'd imagine their answers would be fairly generic . Plus going by many comments made by them after the race they often don't really know how the horse will warm up ,how focused it will be behind the gate etc and the intentions of the other drivers.

Apparently riding/driving not as easy as it looks !

I don't see much of Jo Stevens but that is mostly related to my diminishing interest in Northern harness. What I have heard is very positive.

Nigel Armstrong is Gold. His interviews have been the best addition to NZ Harness Racing I've seen for decades. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, TAB For Ever said:

Well change can be difficult for many of us to handle.

They/we trying to introduce new young people to sport and wagering....not trying to speak to the converted but if it that bad it could discourage folk but i'd doubt that.Maybe it explains why Aussie pools so small compared to win pool.

Maybe they think showing $1.20 return for $1 not that attractive .$5 on and $6 back.I think in Lotto you can win several $mil for 5 bucks. And hundreds with a 20cent spin at Casino.

Oscar Bonavena was paying $1.02 for place.

As 10% of punters spend over 80% of bets ,they unlikely to be put off.

Plus Week 1 is fairly early to condemn it ....surely they will tweak and improve...anything worth doing is worth doing poorly at first.

They held market research groups plus have a marketing/PR  agency specialising in retail trends and attracting new interest.In racing terms they have an excellent track record.

It bound to get better...does anyone nail these things in ONE week !

The computer/phone shows the converted all the info you need and most bets done on these. 

Change is always difficult to handle when the change  is for the worse!!

It is a moronic change to get rid of the place odds displayed as well as other things!

Can you advise us what is the reasoning for this and what has been improved?

1 hour ago, Brodie said:

Change is always difficult to handle when the change  is for the worse!!

It is a moronic change to get rid of the place odds displayed as well as other things!

Can you advise us what is the reasoning for this and what has been improved?

Be patient old son !

It just the first week and things not up to speed at mo !

A bit of trial and error at moment...do you bet on the TV screen  OR on your computer/phone or with the local bookie !

Change is as good as a holiday they say !

I note on a Harness Racing quorum many of the posters seem pleased with many of the changes.

This site pretty much has everyone against !

Does this mean that generally speaking MOANERS gravitate to this site ?

I just asking for a friend !

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, TAB For Ever said:

Be patient old son !

It just the first week and things not up to speed at mo !

A bit of trial and error at moment...do you bet on the TV screen  OR on your computer/phone or with the local bookie !

Change is as good as a holiday they say !

I note on a Harness Racing quorum many of the posters seem pleased with many of the changes.

Firstly I dont know what Harness forum you are talking about that has posters happy with the changes?

Is that the site that has many of the posters that do not bet on harness, but get so excited anyway??

Secondly, why on earth is it trial and error?

Whatever they put up should surely be an improvement to what existed, and I can not see  one thing that has been improved to what we had!

Surely you can appreciate that what they have now with only the WIN odds is not going to encourage extra wagering?????

You say MOANERS, what I would say is that BOAY posters have more participants that want the harness industry to survive and are not just around to accept mediocrity and just go with BS!

At the end of the day, let us see how it works out, Brodie is staring here and now that what has been  changed this week is to the detriment of racing!

Turnover will drop, but then again  maybe that is what they are looking for?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/6/2024 at 1:59 PM, TAB For Ever said:

Pretty shitty thing to say fella. You chose to sign up here so what category does that put you in outside of being a brown nose to a wagering agency many around the land have a dim view of? 

Feel free to polish your nose on the TAB's bum but don't expect others to follow your lead.......and there is a difference between sharing perspectives both positive & negative.....and MOANERS 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Walt said:

Pretty shitty thing to say fella. You chose to sign up here so what category does that put you in outside of being a brown nose to a wagering agency many around the land have a dim view of? 

Feel free to polish your nose on the TAB's bum but don't expect others to follow your lead.......and there is a difference between sharing perspectives both positive & negative.....and MOANERS 

Lighten up old son ......I was just asking for a friend !

You seem to be analytic about things ........what would be the the % of posts on a 50%  glass half full basis .

But thanks for the lecture .

• Bad Post 1

4 minutes ago, TAB For Ever said:

You seem to be analytic about things ........what would be the the % of posts on a 50%  glass half full basis .

I think if you actually had another look at the posts from the Darkside, you will see that many do not like the changes!

Do not worry, they will never admit it but they have introduced several changes without any benefit!

many on the Darkside are not punters, so the divs dont worry them!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TAB For Ever said:

Now I know you're bullshitting. Compelling evidence the moment you said you had a friend. 

• Haha 2

49 minutes ago, Brodie said:

I think if you actually had another look at the posts from the Darkside, you will see that many do not like the changes!

Do not worry, they will never admit it but they have introduced several changes without any benefit!

many on the Darkside are not punters, so the divs dont worry them!

Not interested in the darkside Brodie.....I'm talking about sites that posters generally post under their actual names. And I repeat , its basically the first week so too early to condemn any changes . Give em a chance !

I joined this site because I enjoy the YARNS from a few like that Aussie guy Gamma. I also enjoy the FB poster Unhinged and Paul Campbell another Aussie....he of Campbells Comments but attends a lot of NZ Harness events.

I also have a little dementia so it good you repeat your posts and views over and over.......it must be frustrating but give a feelgood  boost to know that the TAB actually fears your punting prowess.

And I see you now have a tag partner in Walt . He unique in that he must be the first poster ever on this type of site from Princess Drive in Nelson. They mainly ex-Brierley Execs , rich Americans and cashed up Auckland rejects!

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, TAB For Ever said:

Not interested in the darkside Brodie.....I'm talking about sites that posters generally post under their actual names. And I repeat , its basically the first week so too early to condemn any changes . Give em a chance !

I joined this site because I enjoy the YARNS from a few like that Aussie guy Gamma. I also enjoy the FB poster Unhinged and Paul Campbell another Aussie....he of Campbells Comments but attends a lot of NZ Harness events.

I also have a little dementia so it good you repeat your posts and views over and over.......it must be frustrating but give a feelgood  boost to know that the TAB actually fears your punting prowess.

And I see you now have a tag partner in Walt . He unique in that he must be the first poster ever on this type of site from Princess Drive in Nelson. They mainly ex-Brierley Execs , rich Americans and cashed up Auckland rejects!

With respect TAB, yes it is early with the changes, but can you in your wisdom advise what is the reasoning for Entain/Tab to now not be showing PLACE ODDS, fixed or tote???????

How on earth is that an improvement, and they show the win divs fixed and tote alongside each other, with no idea how much is in the  tote pool??

That to me is just a total xxxx up!

Yes it is damn frustrating to be treated different to other punters and it is just a gutless way of treating  restricted punters!

Havent got a major problem with some sort of restriction but the amounts that they subject us to is pathetically low!!!

Not sure of a tag  partner in Walt, but Brodie speaks his mind and not accepting everything that is wrong.
I am on the money and speak the truth with fairness and reason!

Most thinking people will normally agree with Brodie and Walt is a thinking man that speaks his mind and I respect that!

Edited by Brodie
  • Like 2

. Don't Stop Dreaming next Friday might do the job and get you boys smiling a bit .yuz are sounding a bit grumpy... Get some good TAB odds on mighty Queenslander SPEAK The TRUTH though. the Race might get me GRINning lol.

I've spotted the main problem here..... is that TABman has the word 'TAB' in his nom-de-plume.

That's been like a Red Rag 🔴🐂  in front of the bull chargers of Brodster and Walt. 😅

just Speak the Truth 'Tab Forever'  mate.  and tell the boys that The TAB stands for 'Totally Awesome Bloke'😂 hahaha

that should get them realizing you do have friends and 'Forever'😎 is just a measure of time .  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1