Bit Of A Yarn

Hey Chief, Lets Become Business Partners!

Yankiwi

I have a plan Chief, let's team up together and make heaps of money. If we do, it could be a win, win, win.

GRNZ seems to collect injury data during a racing season 1 Aug 2023 to 31 Oct 2023 (23/24 Q1) while it transpires. Then the regurgitates it over the following nearly three months and releases that data (17 Jan 2024 in this case) in their GRNZ Quarterly Report.

As an example, here is what they released in their Q1 report.

https://www.grnz.co.nz/Files/Quarterly Reports/GRNZ October 2023 Quarterly Report - FINAL.pdf

Major injuries.

image.png.230d455fd2adb3360fb60cbc19ac7961.png

And then in a separate chart, minor/med injuries.

image.png.a7ec278b8f0549183c694fcc37b15efd.png

In comparison to the data they have released, here is the data I had collected and posted on BOAY for the same period.

image.png.bdfa23463f5367caad01238a0c453f77.png

Now, let's take just a moment and compare the two data sets. I'll just borrow a line in my spreadsheet & plug in GRNZ's released data.

image.png.1a82ffe49277247c2434ceb4dc45aca8.png

As you can clearly see, the two data sets are not completely identical (probably because I collect data in my free time & near real time while GRNZ has a highly paid team dedicated to tracking the dogs progress back thru time).

However, the end result is nearly the same with minimal differences.

Over and above GRNZ report, my data provides individual track, region & configuration results.

Now proposal.

Set up a thread on BOAY and put that thread behind a paywall of $4000.00 a month.

I'll discontinue sharing the results of my data set in the open threads and instead, I'll post the data in near real time to the paywalled thread, which after GRNZ has paid the $4k, they'll have access to the data for the entire month.

Of that monthly payment of $4k, you will retain $3k of the funds, as operational cost will be solely your burden, and I'll retain $1k for providing my pointless presentation.

The win, win, win.

1. You will increase your earning from the website by $3k/month.
  2. I will earn $1k/month from dedicating my time to data collection and presenting my pointless presentation.
  3. GRNZ will have data available to them within 12 hours, instead of the 12-week timeframe they seem to be utilizing now.

With the data available to GRNZ, they could use it to see the clear trends I'm now seeing a full 12 weeks before they are now seeing them. This will enable them to make far quicker reactions in ensuring the dogs welfare, which underpins everything they do.

If "underpins everything they do" is merely a slogan as I have previously suggested, it still makes business sense to sign up for the $4k an month spend, if the information leads to saving them the estimated veterinary cost of one hock surgery operation costing $4k to $5K (2014 rough estimate I had received in the vet room at Manukau with Caesar Legend) just to get him up walking again on all four, if it was successful and after a long painful recover period.

So, if GRNZ is serious about welfare, they'll pay.

If GRNZ considers welfare an unfortunate obstacle and operate in a bottom-line dollar and cents arena, they'll pay.

Let's do this!

I'll even lets you call my data worthless (like you do now), all the way to the bank.

• Haha 1

Are you ready to subscribe GRNZ?

I've finished off the second quarter data from the 2023/2024 racing season.

Methinks you're going to have a tough time spinning this in your Q2 report.

Hint: Red numbers do not indicate your tracks are ready to begin the 3rd quarter.

image.png.1f43b8898ad959369504032e5b64ca77.png

With a BOAY paywall subscription, you could leave the office at knock-off time, have your dinner & then go to bed and have a peaceful sleep. By the time you wake up in the morning & get to the office you'll have up to the minute injury data so you'll know which tracks are likely safe to let the dogs go around & which ones likely will not be.

With the subscription, you would have had the data & the knowledge that Manukau wasn't safe to race on last Sunday and had the chance to move operations over to Cambridge. Failure to do so saw two dogs break a hock. The cost of putting those two dogs through surgery & the aftercare costs at the RTR would probably be in the territory of $10k to $12K in valuable industry funds.

It simply makes sense! Buy a subscription from Chief & myself for the low monthly fee of $4k. Use the data to help keep the dogs safe. Use the data to have inside information so you can shift plans on the fly to lessen or completely alleviate the injuries. Use the data to avoid extremely costly medical bills.

Disclaimer: No greyhounds were injured during the production of this brief advertisement.

Edited by Yankiwi

Here's one of the discrepancies between the Yankiwi/GRNZ Q1 data comparison above.

From 17 Sept 2023 stewards report.

I suppose changing the diagnosis some 6 weeks or so after the injury occurred helps pad the numbers a bit.

image.png.0641e81cc856620a4cccfacb513fd8b9.png

Isn't 6 weeks 42 days, or what the stand-down was changed too coincidently?

What hasn't Dublin Express either been retired or returned to racing after the miraculous cure?

https://www.grnz.co.nz/greyhounds/profiles.aspx?AnimalID=34412

Maybe he's simply waiting for GRNZ to provide him with a safe track to race on up north somewhere?

1 hour ago, Chief Stipe said:

@Yankiwi what is the normative attrition rate for racing a Greyhound.

Hint:  it isn't zero.

I'll answer if you promise not to show the following data to GRNZ, until they pay the $4K for it.

It varies dramatically depending on which track they race on.

Early 3rd quarter data says~

• Auckland 2.9% per start
  • Christchurch 0.8% per start
  • Wanganui 0.6% per start
  • Palmerston North 0.7% per start
  • Southland immortality
  • Cambridge immortality

image.thumb.png.f6b8a9ae1bcdf28647d29f8dcda52a65.png

3 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

You didn't answer the question but what's new.

GRNZ answers your question with its KPI target injury figures. It's their benchmark so that is the comparison point I use for my data.

image.png.f77c80557426aa1da1ebbddbc5af45c7.png

1 Jan 2024 to current (7 race meetings) Auckland is underperforming (to say it nicely)

image.png.e174bf5b3dd64febc841208f5ff91759.png

That's why GRNZ needs a subscription to the exclusive BOAY paywalled pointless presentations forum.

Real time data available to them with the click of a mouse, instead of waiting until waiting until 17 July 2024 (roughly) when the release Q3 data and realize there was a serious problem in Auckland in Jan, Feb, Mar & Apr.

GRNZ can do something about the danger now, but to identify & announce the problem in July, is dismissive & rather pointless.

GRNZ identified that Manukau's lack of a safety rail (no help from me naturally) so set sail to have one installed by the end of November 2023.

History repeats, again & again & again.

The BOAY pointless presentation paid forum is an easy way out for them, for less than the cost of putting the fourth leg back under one of the 11 Feb 2024 Manukau dogs.

Hint for you in the above question Chief.

If a dog gets an injury stand-down of say 21 days after a race.

Then 10 days into that stand-down, same dog gets represented to a race day vet, cleared of injury (it healed). Now that dog didn't have an injury in the first place according to GRNZ stats.

You heard the following here first.

On another note, has anyone noticed how 28-day stand-down stopped being imposed suddenly to dog's that failed to pursue the lure during their race, so they were not charged with the infraction, as they had a "convenient" serios injury?

Trainer/vet collusions were having a serious impact on injury data by trying to dodge the rightful penalty from being imposed, that's why.

Prior to someone at GRNZ finally working that little detail out, GRNZ was quite happy just letting them slip through (especially if they were on the "preferred trainers" list).

That was one key reason why GRNZ was suddenly able to claim how their new strategies were so effective in keeping dogs safe. Maybe 1 every couple of weeks x 52 weeks was 26 serious injuries a year on the books that didn't happen. So they stopped allowing uninjured dogs being given a 28 day stand down period. Now that they don't have that little ace up their sleeve, things are getting a lot tougher to show improvement on. This racing season the "tougher" is now becoming an impossibility.