Bit Of A Yarn

Yankiwi's Racing Calendar

Yankiwi

Your dogs "on-track" racing welfare underpins everything Yankiwi is doing.

Presenting the March 2024 racing calendar.

Numbers are a reflection of the percent chance of actual serious racing injuries which were incurred on the particular track during the previous month (February) up to the time of posting. Real world data provided to you in near real time. No need to wait for three months so GRNZ can have those full 90 days hoping injury stand-downs will be reduced to pad their quarterly numbers.

• Green numbers are within the stated GRNZ's KPI serious injury target.
  • Red numbers are outside the stated GRNZ's KPI serious injury target.

Choosing where & when you nominate can have a direct effect on your racing dog's longevity.

Calendar.thumb.jpg.1c7336d56b63d2d7a018bfa17382e5f0.jpg

I'm aware the Auckland major injury percentage looks really bad. That's because it is, it actually happened.

So, as an act of good faith, I'll attached a data spreadsheet, which contains the data I've retrieved from those three Auckland race meets which were held in February 2024.

Also, within the spreadsheet, if you know your way around one, is the clear methodology of the basic math equations used to generate those results.

With this data, possibly Chief can compile a differing end result after he normalizes the data, adds his variance estimations, and factors in something.

If he is able to, it'll have to be the trainer's or owner's responsibility to go inform their dog that it didn't get hurt.

image.png.a0c8248ace32fe596a4de7b3c2da22af.png

Akl Feb 2024.xlsx

1 hour ago, Chief Stipe said:

Or even the owner questioning the trainer on why the dog was hurt.

True.

The above Yankiwi's racing calendar will help the trainer decide where to race the owner's dog on the safest track possible.

Racing in the north in Feb.

Week #1 - 2 race meets - 3 major injuries.

Week #2 - 2 race meets - 2 major injuries.

Week #3 - 2 race meets - 2 major injuries.

Week #4 - 2 race meets - 1 major injury.

The main difference between the weeks, #4 both meets were held in Cambridge.

In Feb.

• Seven major injuries in Auckland over 3 race meets.
  • One major injury in Cambridge over 5 race meets.

86 drawn to start on Sunday in Auckland.

https://www.grnz.co.nz/Files/RaceBooks/nzgra_15817_racebook.pdf

Good luck to each one of them. They are going to need it.

After the meeting, 2 dogs are likely to never race again because of the bad thing that happened & 2 dogs are likely to not be available to nominate, because not quite as bad of a thing happened, for the following Sunday.

image.png.58c7e55b94cf6e339d219df81922c56f.png

Hey Yankiwi, have you checked out the latest grnz animal health and welfare committee meeting minutes from December. Micheal Dore says that Manakau and Cambridge continue to lead the pack in terms of low rates of injury. Might be time you left Manakau alone

IMG_2823.jpeg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chapdog said:

Hey Yankiwi, have you checked out the latest grnz animal health and welfare committee meeting minutes from December. Micheal Dore says that Manakau and Cambridge continue to lead the pack in terms of low rates of injury. Might be time you left Manakau alone

IMG_2823.jpeg

Challenge Accepted!

Grass mowing can wait.

Let's see if Mr. Dore's calculator had fresh batteries in it.

The beauty of near real time data! Question raised, results quick time.

01 Sept to 30 Nov injury data.

image.png.3205b076a8eea54e792c8bbca96fc6f5.png

The combined north has the highest overall injury percentage for the three-month period (Sept to Nov).

Individually, Cambridge returned good rates & Manukau returned atrocious rates.

I suggest Mr. Dore take the batteries out of his wiggly toy & put them in his calculator before the next Animal Health and Welfare Committee meeting.

As for laying off Manukau, now's not the time. I'll call it out for what it is & what it's doing to the dogs.

Why did Mr. Dore lie to the Animal Health and Welfare Committee?

image.png.3b638d062e60e2e834e5c98dcd2b4eba.png

September & October Manukau only.

image.png.20f02ce590f8241bc5297b79558b995e.png

image.png.f74477b6471dd0a0076e1e8e6bdf020a.png

November Manukau only.

image.png.01ab7f090de430078d81c470896b4101.png

In November, clearly the overall injury rate at Manukau was in the same general territory as the previous two months combined were (still very bad), but the minor injuries had reduced & the major injuries skyrocketed up by 50%.

So, those questioning my motives, get your head around this.

The data shows that Mr. Dore did not inform the Animal Health and Welfare Committee of the reality of what was going on at Manukau during their mid-December meeting.

Why is that?

What are his motives?

What's happened since that mid-December meeting?

December to current Manukau only.

image.png.ef2a857dfb3c0842f4f46bb61638a322.png

GRNZ's goal is 6 major injuries per 1k starts.

Sept & Oct - "Leading the pack" Manukau had 10 majors per 1k starts.

November - "Nothing clearly changed" Manukau had 15 majors per 1k starts.

December to present Manukau has had 14 majors per 1k starts.

Manukau has likely ended the racing career of 21 excess dogs, over the 18 which GRNZ seems to expect.

If you reckon you're the owner or trainer of one or more of those 21 dogs, ring Mr. Dore & ask him why he didn't tell the truth to the Animal Health and Welfare Committee.

If he had, actions could have been taken, which they weren't & still haven't been. Manukau is open for business to produce an ample number of excess dog injuries & many of them will be serious.

See you Sunday!

8 minutes ago, Yankiwi said:

Manukau has likely ended the racing career of 21 excess dogs, over the 18 which GRNZ seems to expect.

If you reckon you're the owner or trainer of one or more of those 21 dogs, ring Mr. Dore & ask him why he didn't tell the truth to the Animal Health and Welfare Committee.

These dog numbers are theoretical in nature.

Of course, 21 excess dogs were not injured, but if each month/months actually had 1k starters, this is what would have been expected using the injury percentage rate.

Excess major injuries in the real world.

Since 1 Dec the number of starters at Manukau is 1024.

GRNZ KPI injury rate would allow for 6 major injuries.

The actual major injuries incurred have been 14.

More than double their acceptable number.

8 real greyhounds have sustained those excess injuries at Manukau.

KETTLE POT - tick

ALLEGRO FUDGE - tick

JOE BANANAS - tick

BUNDEE BOMBER - tick

UP YOUR QUOTA - tick

PERSIAN CHIEF - tick

PORTLAND TREY - excess

BIG TIME CHERRY - excess

THRILLING VERA - excess

COOLIBAH KID - excess

PHANTOM ACE - excess

GO GIDEON - excess

OPAWA WEB - excess

MAJOR MARGARET - excess

GRNZ - Welfare unpins everything we do, except the Racing Operations Manager, who told a tall tale during the Animal Health and Welfare Committee meeting. If he had been honest, it would have provided the information the committee needed to be able to shift on the fly & keep greyhounds safe while on the northern tracks.

If the GRNZ board does not investigate this allegation and take firm corrective actions, reprimand the troublemaker and stop it from ever happening again, then they too are complaisant in failing to keep the greyhounds safe while on the track.

Edited by Yankiwi

On 28/02/2024 at 12:36 PM, Yankiwi said:

Manukau is open for business to produce an ample number of excess dog injuries & many of them will be serious.

Major injury results from today's meeting will be very revealing, one way or the other.

Very favourable weather today for racing greyhounds safely in the summer.

image.png.f229f26ca5f49e469a1bfffcc2a1c9f7.png

If they have the track in anywhere near decent condition today, major injury returned should be minimalized.

Since the 1st of the year, these are the injuries that have been incurred for each of the race meet in Auckland.

Major injuries have been noted with the type of injury.

image.png.733fc805435eb8c2657ef652aaf9bd73.png

If they can get through the meeting today without any major injuries, especially bone fractures, then there may be just a glimmer of hope for the track without a major overhaul.

History suggests the odds are stacked against the track, but hopefully they'll get through the meeting & learn what has been different this week & day than the previous 8 race meets.

Posted (edited)

Exactly what I'd expect from a rat.

Get caught in an outright lie, then go back and change the history.

Surely the original document was approved after the meeting, no?

You know, the one that said Cambridge & Manukau are leading the pack.

image.png.1b99f4d2e5a1a3383b72a5451ef34de5.png

Otherwise, it never would have been posted to the website, right?

One question though, what haven't the December 2023 minutes been noted as edited on the day you tried to cover your ass after you've been snapped out for your lie?

Has the now edited version been sign off as approved?

And they wonder why no one trusts them.

Yet another you can't make this $hit up moment.

Well done Mr. Dore.

Surely the RIB will be investigating this & get to the bottom of it.

Edited by Yankiwi

On 9/03/2024 at 10:04 AM, Chapdog said:

Looks like we have had an update. Auckland has been dropped from leading the pack and now Manawatu have taken there place. 

IMG_2855.jpeg

And yet another update this morning.

Back to the original history of the event.

image.png.94b81f2363d5ab5bcc16f66820eb7f42.png

Care to explain Mr. Dore?

Did the fear of a fraud charge make you lose some sleep over the weekend?

I welcome any RIU investigator to reach out to me, if I can be of any assistance to the investigation of this.

22 minutes ago, Yankiwi said:

I welcome any RIU investigator to reach out to me, if I can be of any assistance to the investigation of this.

In case anything odd happens, which would be well out of my control, I have a copy of this thread stored locally because sometimes funny things happen to history when the heat comes on.

If the RIB or GRNZ board require it, simply reach out.

image.png.9249f71d328fbd7fde516ac734e8d52d.png

11 minutes ago, Yankiwi said:

In case anything odd happens, which would be well out of my control, I have a copy of this thread stored locally because sometimes funny things happen to history when the heat comes on.

Chazza this is about as much heat you are able to put on:

Fire Burn GIF by Steffen und Bach

1 hour ago, Yankiwi said:

Hell you are an arrogant sod.  WHY should ANYONE reach out to you?

Try reaching out to THEM - you can even do it anonymously!

GET IN TOUCH

Contact Us

Postal Address

Racing Integrity Board
Private Bag 17902
Greenlane
Auckland 1546

Integrity Line

Make an anonymous report about integrity issues in the racing industry by contacting the independent Integrity Line on 0508 RIB 123 (0508 742 123) or by completing an online form.

28 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

Hell you are an arrogant sod.  WHY should ANYONE reach out to you?

Try reaching out to THEM - you can even do it anonymously!

GET IN TOUCH

Contact Us

Postal Address

Racing Integrity Board
Private Bag 17902
Greenlane
Auckland 1546

Integrity Line

Make an anonymous report about integrity issues in the racing industry by contacting the independent Integrity Line on 0508 RIB 123 (0508 742 123) or by completing an online form.

Been there & done that on other matters.

If one outfit is covering for the other, nothing gets done, right?

Filing a complaint to the RIB, if they are in it together with GRNZ, will not address the problem.

There's at least one bad egg.

Fraud is fraud.

Helping to cover up of a fraud is just as bad.

Trying to out GRNZ (likely Dore), as they are the ones to provide the evidence publicly, can & should be investigated by the RIB and/or the GRNZ board.

To try to implicate the RIB, would have to be done at a Ministerial level, which can be done if need be. The GRNZ board isn't going to investigate the RIB.

I feel that going to the Racing Minister could be very detrimental to the industry. That's not my goal.

They're getting their chance now to get it sorted between GRNZ headquarters, the Board of Directors, and/or the RIB.

Welfare doesn't underpin everything they do. False information being presented to the Welfare Committee is bad enough. But trying to cover the tracks of that false statement is next level & criminal.

If GRNZ board & the RIB find that integrity is out of reach, then so be it.

40 minutes ago, Yankiwi said:

Been there & done that on other matters.

If one outfit is covering for the other, nothing gets done, right?

Filing a complaint to the RIB, if they are in it together with GRNZ, will not address the problem.

There's at least one bad egg.

Fraud is fraud.

Helping to cover up of a fraud is just as bad.

Trying to out GRNZ (likely Dore), as they are the ones to provide the evidence publicly, can & should be investigated by the RIB and/or the GRNZ board.

To try to implicate the RIB, would have to be done at a Ministerial level, which can be done if need be. The GRNZ board isn't going to investigate the RIB.

I feel that going to the Racing Minister could be very detrimental to the industry. That's not my goal.

They're getting their chance now to get it sorted between GRNZ headquarters, the Board of Directors, and/or the RIB.

Welfare doesn't underpin everything they do. False information being presented to the Welfare Committee is bad enough. But trying to cover the tracks of that false statement is next level & criminal.

If GRNZ board & the RIB find that integrity is out of reach, then so be it.

So you are barking at the wind?  

I sure have, GRNZ hasn't.

July 2023 Animal Welfare Progress Report says this.

image.png.889f729d71f440263db3ddbc1f57c509.png

So, the Manukau late November safety rail turned into a January safety rail because of some excuse. That January safety rail hasn't been installed as of mid-March, while we wait another excuse.

GRNZ intends to have all tracks fully enclosed. There is no enclosure whatsoever on the outside of Cambridge or Addington tracks. There is no enclosure on the outside of Southland's home straight.

Manukau needs only a safety rail on the inside of the track. The outside is already fully enclosed. Manukau is the easiest track to make good on their words & they haven't even started it.

July 2024 (12 months since the July 2023 report) and GRNZ still have 5 tracks to install inside safety rails and 3 tracks with extensive outside enclosures. They're going to have a busy 4 months, aren't they?

Cambridge, next to nothing. No safety rail to speak of & wide-open expanses to the outside of their unenclosed track.

image.thumb.png.aa32917b4ef23b12cfa28a5c68d62b63.png

If you're looking for achievement, GRNZ is the one you should be asking.

You could start with the 2014 one year roll out of safety rails for "all other tracks" after Wanganui's.