Bit Of A Yarn

Orchestral

Looks to be a special special filly, I thought she might have been beat 800m out but that was just way too easy.

Someone tell the owners they just won the NZ Derby and its OK to show a bit of emotion , afterall they paid $600k for her get a bit feral after a win like that , another reason I love seeing the battlers win they enjoy it more!

On that note, ya see what I did there, top win, no excuses for the beaten lot, she just out stayed them, your only as good as your last race, and she couldn't have won any better, always got to be on your toes, as this racing game a great leveller, she certainly does look the goods 

Orchestral , indeed a very special filly .

Looked the standout , was ridden out of trouble and like the best horse in field and won easy.

The Owner and his big family on course looked very pleased and very generous in his praise of his triners ,their foreperson and jockey.

And glowing toward the track......

They , horse and connections ,have raced 3 x times on the new track won by a total of nearly 12 lengths and won $795k , $100k and yesterdays $600k. Total $1.495 mil.

Her 3 yr old year commenced with a nice trial, second to Matter of Honour on the Cambridge Synthetic track in August 2023.Cambridge trialists and race winners have really been showing up of late .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shad said:

Not in the same league, but great win by The Grey Goose on Saturday, 200k stake be like the derby down that way.

Indeed , have these 'extra incentive ' stakes encouraged you to get involved /more involved in Horse ownership.

It seems like the horse was bought off gavelhouse for $2,000 as a yearling !

• Champ Post 1

1 hour ago, Shad said:

Not in the same league, but great win by The Grey Goose on Saturday, 200k stake be like the derby down that way.

I watched that race on TV ,and thought it was well ridden ...it was a bit slow but was allowed to relax and run its own pace at rear then improve comfortably around final bend.

Tho travelling well it could have turned ugly cos it wanted to run in , and in fact seemed to inconvenience  [a little]4 or 5 others in the stretch. But it going too well ! Could have been a Derby with a difference...a demolition Derby !

Commentator said it was backed for a 'stack' so obviously a nice horse !

• Champ Post 1

5 hours ago, TAB For Ever said:

I watched that race on TV ,and thought it was well ridden ...it was a bit slow but was allowed to relax and run its own pace at rear then improve comfortably around final bend.

Tho travelling well it could have turned ugly cos it wanted to run in , and in fact seemed to inconvenience  [a little]4 or 5 others in the stretch. But it going too well ! Could have been a Derby with a difference...a demolition Derby !

Commentator said it was backed for a 'stack' so obviously a nice horse !

Yes it was well ridden, for me the art of teaching a horse to race, is quite lost these days, all the mindset of having to lead or racing handy on turning tracks, lost on me as well, the good thing on teaching a horse to relax and drop back is you want to be doing your best work at the end of the race, and if for some reason your unlucky or not good enough, you horse will keep for next time, without having a hard run, important for the stayers, very good win from the goose, and well trained from a stable that have produced some very good performers over the years, bargin buy as well, gavelhouse has seen quie a bit of success, who says you have to spend a kings ransom.

• Like 1