Bit Of A Yarn

Prestonpans

globederby12

Just now, Happy Sunrise said:

I wondered if lightning was going to strike twice. Sure enough.

Well done for getting the dough.

Dough aside. He really is quite an exciting  horse. I followed him through his trial period and he struck a cord with me. I hope he continues with it and makes it to Cup class.

• Like 1
  • Champ Post 1

7 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

I love that feeling. 

Makes you a phantom owner!

I know it sounds strange, but years ago I did the same with another little horse called Borana. And yes I had a wager on him in the Cup. I just knew that when he started to show some semblance of form he held it for a few races and then tapered off. You had to know the time to punt him. Been a lot of water under the bridge since then. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, globederby12 said:

I know it sounds strange, but years ago I did the same with another little horse called Borana. And yes I had a wager on him in the Cup. I just knew that when he started to show some semblance of form he held it for a few races and then tapered off. You had to know the time to punt him. Been a lot of water under the bridge since then. 

It is always easy to remember the horses from way back that you had an affinity with. No matter how fast or slow they were.

Hence, my user name on here. 

I liked Dainty Smooth back in the day. No one would remember her back in the day being off the track in a 2600m against the boys when they ran something like 3.16 which was eye opening back for the grade. I looked her up on HRNZ but unfortunately she never left anything good.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Happy Sunrise said:

I liked Dainty Smooth back in the day. No one would remember her back in the day being off the track in a 2600m against the boys when they ran something like 3.16 which was eye opening back for the grade. I looked her up on HRNZ but unfortunately she never left anything good.

mum was a real good 2 mile horse

trainer was the milkman with the old red truck

• Like 1