Bit Of A Yarn

Who needs the whip when you've got Blinkers on first time!

Ace Lawson-Carroll on BELLA LUCE...goes for the whip at the 300M and promptly drops it...

BLINKERS FIRST TIME strategy takes over and it simply bolts to the lead and wins by 3 easing down...

A seriously good reason why some horse's love running and winning without being whipped...

Take a look at the Amateur races this season ...WITHOUT the whip behind the saddle...and look into the future

• Bad Post 1
  • Fake News! 1

19 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

So better to scare the shyte out of horse by blinding jt!!!  You're so cruel to horses @Thomass.

Open your kanohi for a change...

Obviously your heros at Te Akau dont listen to your nonsense...

They throw EVERY bit of gear imaginable on...

Blinkers, Visors, TT's...

11 minutes ago, Thomass said:

and nasal strips.

• Champ Post 1

2 minutes ago, curious said:

and nasal strips.

Oh yea...the dots were sort of an infinite clause...

Dont strips pull back the highly sensitive nasal cavities and could be considered to "scare the shyte out of" when applied?? 

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Thomass said:

Then you get the point.  If you don't like racing horses then go find another forum to put up with your repetitive dribble.

On 4/7/2024 at 12:19 PM, Thomass said:

Take a look at the Amateur races this season fullstopWITHOUT the whip behind the saddlefullstopand look into the future

In a professional sport I don't think for one minute we should be looking to the future through the quality of our amateur races.

• Like 2

I have a small share in the said horse and I will give my opinion and say that the blinkers clearly helped, also pleasing was that I talked a first-time owner into taking a small share.

I had a small wager on her, including $2 of the Trifecta but didn't take the same bet for the first 4 which I would have got.

I will tell you in my opinion that she wouldn't have gone any quicker if Ace had not dropped his whip, as she was in full flight and more importantly balanced.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

Then you get the point.  If you don't like racing horses then go find another forum to put up with your repetitive dribble.

You were the one who said "it scares the shyte out of a horse"!!

Me loves BLINKERS..as you know

As an old time stud master said..

"Thomas young ladfullstoptodays babies don't run in mobs muchfullstophence the need for blinkers"

What he said

2 hours ago, Special Agent said:

In a professional sport I don't think for one minute we should be looking to the future through the quality of our amateur races.

It was concerning their whip rulesfullstopwhich dont allow 'jockeys' to take hands off the reins

Take a look at the last Arc and their4 max strikes to see the futurefullstopabsolute class

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, muzenza365 said:

I have a small share in the said horse and I will give my opinion and say that the blinkers clearly helped, also pleasing was that I talked a first-time owner into taking a small share.

I had a small wager on her, including $2 of the Trifecta but didn't take the same bet for the first 4 which I would have got.

I will tell you in my opinion that she wouldn't have gone any quicker if Ace had not dropped his whip, as she was in full flight and more importantly balanced.

Onya Kevvy. . . I got on at 10's after HE'S PLATINIUM was surprisingly bet in. . .

That's the general thrust of the thread though. . . that Blinkers took over and she was loving galloping for the pure love of it. . . or 'hooning" as Sammy Spratt says

Edited by Thomass

5 hours ago, muzenza365 said:

I have a small share in the said horse and I will give my opinion and say that the blinkers clearly helped,

Congratulations, but what tells you the blinkers had anything to do with it?

17 hours ago, Thomass said:

Oh yeafullstopthe dots were sort of an infinite clausefullstop

Dont strips pull back the highly sensitive nasal cavities and could be considered to "scare the shyte out of" when applied?? 

No. They reduce breathing effort and RBCs in the lungs after strenuous effort.

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, curious said:

No. They reduce breathing effort and RBCs in the lungs after strenuous effort.

Yes, it was tongue firmly in the nasal cavity>>> and that's why you added a laughing emogi😂 confirming such>>> 

Alor >>> I have seen studies that show @ 10% improvement on average>>>

>>> and quelle surprise >>>  I add 10% to my investment stake when indulging >>> you?

Edited by Thomass

18 hours ago, curious said:

Congratulations, but what tells you the blinkers had anything to do with it?

How does one quantify?

Jockey/trainer feedback from knowing the individual  .  .  times  .  .  .dropping the whip and observing the undoubted joy the horse showed when bounding away with gay abandon??

53 minutes ago, Thomass said:

How does one quantify?

Jockey/trainer feedback from knowing the individual  .  .  times  .  .  .dropping the whip and observing the undoubted joy the horse showed when bounding away with gay abandon??

Or scared shitless because it couldn't see what was running up behind it.

1 hour ago, Chief Stipe said:

Or scared shitless because it couldn't see what was running up behind it.

Here's an idea  .  .  .

Wing Dawid up  .  .  arks him  .  .  "Davo  .  .  wtf are you using BO so often when it shits the living daylights out of them  .  .   you abuser"

1 hour ago, Thomass said:

Here's an idea  .  .  .

Wing Dawid up  .  .  arks him  .  .  "Davo  .  .  wtf are you using BO so often when it shits the living daylights out of them  .  .   you abuser"

You may have noticed (actually you wouldn't have) that Te Akau's current trainer doesn't use head gear as much as the previous.  They do use ear covers in the parade ring and around to the start but that is to keep their younger horses calmer.

2 hours ago, curious said:

Where?

Kansas State University College of Veterinary medicine 

Results showed that the nasal strip did improve the airway, leading to reduced lung damage.

"The nasal strip reduces bleeding, reduces the secondary infections that can damage the lung afterward and also may help facilitate the horse to perform better," Poole said.

The researchers say the nasal strip may improve performance because it reduces fatigue.