Bit Of A Yarn

Well far king done Jason

Like many, Jason Teaz knows there are aspects of harness racing in NZ that don't make sense and are not helping the game. He had enough backbone mixed with a fair degree of frustration to say so. He was singled out for a public flogging by untouchables higher up the pecking order in harness racing. How dare anyone question them. It was bullshit and little more than people in power sending a message to others in the industry to STFU and don't ever disagree with them. 

Jason could have perhaps been a little more careful with his choice of words but frustration can get the better of most of us at times. I know he had a tough year and I don't think he'll mind me saying he was disillusioned with harness racing. Many others would have just said "fark it" and walked away. I talked briefly with him last year and said that's exactly what those big wigs in HRNZ wanted him to do. I said the best revenge would be to stick at it, turn the page and come back better than ever. 

Jason has come back like a Phoenix from the ashes and that is surely a measure of a man. 

Last night at a showpiece in NZ Harness Racing, he and Fergie combined in a very memorable way with Kaipaki Jack. He didn't just win, he blew his rivals off the Cambridge race track. Hugely impressive win.

Well done Jason and well done Fergie.

I didn't wager but I got more satisfaction watching that win than I did with many that I won $$ with.

Onward and upwards to even bigger and better Jason.

• Like 2
  • Champ Post 4
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Walt said:

Like many, Jason Teaz knows there are aspects of harness racing in NZ that don't make sense and are not helping the game. He had enough backbone mixed with a fair degree of frustration to say so. He was singled out for a public flogging by untouchables higher up the pecking order in harness racing. How dare anyone question them. It was bullshit and little more than people in power sending a message to others in the industry to STFU and don't ever disagree with them. 

Jason could have perhaps been a little more careful with his choice of words but frustration can get the better of most of us at times. I know he had a tough year and I don't think he'll mind me saying he was disillusioned with harness racing. Many others would have just said "fark it" and walked away. I talked briefly with him last year and said that's exactly what those big wigs in HRNZ wanted him to do. I said the best revenge would be to stick at it, turn the page and come back better than ever. 

Jason has come back like a Phoenix from the ashes and that is surely a measure of a man. 

Last night at a showpiece in NZ Harness Racing, he and Fergie combined in a very memorable way with Kaipaki Jack. He didn't just win, he blew his rivals off the Cambridge race track. Hugely impressive win.

Well done Jason and well done Fergie.

I didn't wager but I got more satisfaction watching that win than I did with many that I won $$ with.

Onward and upwards to even bigger and better Jason.

Hopefully he got some $ off the ff bookies.someone did.

Pretty sure they opened kaipaki jack on ff at around $15 and close to $4 a place.I remember looking at the price and being surprised it was so big initially. The week before it opened around the same amount then crashed in to start favorite and ran a very good 2nd.

Edited by the galah
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, the galah said:

Hopefully he got some $ off the ff bookies.someone did.

Pretty sure they opened kaipaki jack on ff at around $15 and close to $4 a place.I remember looking at the price and being surprised it was so big initially. The week before it opened around the same amount then crashed in to start favorite and ran a very good 2nd.

When Greg O'Connor interviewed Fergie post race he mentioned his mates will be having a big night. I always enjoy seeing a plunge come off even if I have SFA to do with it :) 

• Like 4

On 4/13/2024 at 3:07 PM, Walt said:

When Greg O'Connor interviewed Fergie post race he mentioned his mates will be having a big night. I always enjoy seeing a plunge come off even if I have SFA to do with it :) 

Thanks Walt. Was great to make a splash. Makes up for the many many dark times. Keep supporting.

• Like 4
  • Champ Post 1

5 hours ago, JTeaz said:

Thanks Walt. Was great to make a splash. Makes up for the many many dark times. Keep supporting.

You're making superb splashes Jason.

The honey always tastes sweeter when you've had to go through a whole bunch of challenging crap to get to it. 

Keep them coming brother

• Like 4
  • Champ Post 1