NOTICE TO BOAY'ers: Major Update Coming ×
Bit Of A Yarn

Ozzie Bookies - What are Kiwi’s Bookies doing?

Posted (edited)

Wondering what our previous Kiwi Bookmakers are now doing in Petone?

You can tell probably almost  everything is now being performed from out of Australia, from the info to the odd setting!

The Bookies over there are already changing many things as far as wagering goes and not in favour of the punter!

I note the first race as an opportunity for a head to head, not  that they let Brodie on though!lol

Previously the head to heads were put out by our Kiwi Bookmakers at $1.85 so they were making 15cents . Basically if they considered an even chance you would get $1.85 back for each dollar wagered.

I note that the Entain Bookies now want more of the pie, they are offering $1.80 now so in effect paying out 5% less than they were paying last week when the Kiwi Bookies appeared to be setting the odds!

The first race head to head odds are 1.75 and $1.85

I wonder if this is their new offering or a mistake, or they just want more of the pie?

Edited by Brodie

1 hour ago, Brodie said:

Wondering what our previous Kiwi Bookmakers are now doing in Petone?

You can tell probably almost  everything is now being performed from out of Australia, from the info to the odd setting!

The Bookies over there are already changing many things as far as wagering goes and not in favour of the punter!

I note the first race as an opportunity for a head to head, not  that they let Brodie on though!lol

Previously the head to heads were put out by our Kiwi Bookmakers at $1.85 so they were making 15cents . Basically if they considered an even chance you would get $1.85 back for each dollar wagered.

I note that the Entain Bookies now want more of the pie, they are offering $1.80 now so in effect paying out 5% less than they were paying last week when the Kiwi Bookies appeared to be setting the odds!

The first race head to head odds are 1.75 and $1.85

I wonder if this is their new offering or a mistake, or they just want more of the pie?

1.85 each horse is a 108.11% market and TAB expect a return of 7.5 cents per $ invested

1.75 / 1.85 is 111.20 %

1.80 / 1.80 is 111.11 %

1 hour ago, Rangatira said:

1.85 each horse is a 108.11% market and TAB expect a return of 7.5 cents per $ invested

1.75 / 1.85 is 111.20 %

1.80 / 1.80 is 111.11 %

Lol I knew you would be on with figures Ranga.

The point Ranga, is that they have increased their % takeout and decreased the % that the punter now receives!!

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Lol I knew you would be on with figures Ranga.

The point Ranga, is that they have increased their % takeout and decreased the % that the punter now receives!!

Pie is great according your mate Gerry.

Edited by Rangatira
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Rangatira said:

Odds Surge at Riccarton

Fill your boots Brodster !!#@!!

Boosted Ranga, Boosted!

Wouldnt get too excited about it Ranga, backing gallopers is solely for the mug punters!

What I do know is that the harness odds since they appear to being set by the Ozzies mostly seem like less value than before!

There was nothing worth having a crack at last night at Addington and same at Rangiora on Sunday.

If Entain/TAB are looking to increase the turnover they are deluded if they think this is going to happen with their current Bookies in Oz!!!!!!

just looked again just now and they have taken down all fixed odds for tomorrow????????

Edited by Brodie

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Rangatira said:

"Brodster just logged in alarm" set off ????

Not sure what is going on, the accuracy of some of the information they have on the site is shocking!

The horse comments are an absolute waste of time!

Anyone with half a brain can see automatically what they are saying.

HRNZ website for info and comments is a helluva lot better than the TAB site now.

Edited by Brodie

35 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Not sure what is going on, the accuracy of some of the information they have on the site is shocking!

The horse comments are an absolute waste of time!

Anyone with half a brain can see automatically what they are saying.

HRNZ website for info and comments is a helluva lot better than the TAB site now.

I hate the fact when you watch TV it will not go full screen. Makes the shit graphics even smaller. They have thrown the common sense book out the window.

200w.gif

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Nowornever said:

I hate the fact when you watch TV it will not go full screen. Makes the shit graphics even smaller. They have thrown the common sense book out the window.

200w.gif

Some will like the new web site and different info!

Personally I dont see any advantages but then again Entain/ Tab will appreciate that .

The Ozzies bet on anything and dont need helpful info.

It appears pretty clear that they want win betting and not place betting going by their actions over the past few weeks!

Do not believe that Entain are here for the betterment of racing, some of us can clearly see that, despite what some are telling us!

Edited by Brodie

Posted (edited)

Rangiora fixed odds not available in NZ or Australia for tomorrow!

Wonder if this is the way Entain/TAB are now  going to operate by putting up odds and then taking them away when they feel like it?

Punters in NZ can not bet on account or  Agency until when I wonder?

Does anyone at all know what is going on here or could a spokesman for the TAB please explain what is happening?

Interesting that the NZ gallops are still available?

How on earth is this a way of increasing turnover?

Edited by Brodie

3 hours ago, Nowornever said:

200w.gif

Common sense is really not that common !😊

• Haha 1

Unsure if I'm looking in the wrong place but I can't find treble will-pays ?

Back in the day you had to ring the TAB and if you got a helpful person they would read you the will-pays for the third leg. 

Then we evolved and the will pays were shown on the TAB website. One of the the things I'd do once I had those will-pays was wager on a runner as a saver that I hadn't covered in the treble. 

It's puzzling that this option has been left out.

Another option I've noticed in the past and used was setting an alert for bet amounts. If for example I was spending $50 on a treble via 5 x $10 wagers, I'd get an alert if I was placing a $100 wager instead of just $10 by accidently adding an extra zero in my haste to get my wager on. I could then amend the error so I wasn't lumbered with a $100 bet for example when I only wanted a $10 wager.

Unfortunately, this very handy function was removed when the TAB started their previous new betting platform. That still hasn't been added with the latest upgrade.

When you consider the speed often needed when placing multiple wagers and the difficulty and time restraints to cancel a wager placed in error, this option would be a very welcome addition.

This is yet another function that could have been considered if the TAB had sought feedback from the very people that will use the platform on a daily / weekly basis year after year. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

As far as Treble will-pays go, I can also remember some Trackside Presenters reading the will-pays out prior to the third leg so they've known about this for some years. Perhaps the TAB intends to phase out trebles?

Edited by Walt

7 minutes ago, Walt said:

Unsure if I'm looking in the wrong place but I can't find treble will-pays ?

Back in the day you had to ring the TAB and if you got a helpful person they would read you the will-pays for the third leg. 

Then we evolved and the will pays were shown on the TAB website. One of the the things I'd do once I had those will-pays was wager on a runner as a saver that I hadn't covered in the treble. 

It's puzzling that this option has been left out.

Another option I've noticed in the past and used was setting an alert for bet amounts. If for example I was spending $50 on a treble via 5 x $10 wagers, I'd get an alert if I was placing a $100 wager instead of just $10 by accidently adding an extra zero in my haste to get my wager on. I could then amend the error so I wasn't lumbered with a $100 bet for example when I only wanted a $10 wager.

Unfortunately, this very handy function was removed when the TAB started their previous new betting platform. That still hasn't been added with the latest upgrade.

When you consider the speed often needed when placing multiple wagers and the difficulty and time restraints to cancel a wager placed in error, this option would be a very welcome addition.

This is yet another function that could have been considered if the TAB had sought feedback from the very people that will use the platform on a daily / weekly basis year after year. 

It states in the help section that the will pays are there, just that no one can find them, I looked yesterday, no such luck either, I think they are just leading us on.

• Like 2

It amazes me that Entain are relying on customers to tell them what is missing on the website. I noticed a couple of things, rang them up and they were fixed a few hours later.

You would think their staff and computer experts would already know or have taken note of all the features on the old site and then just transferred them across. Incompetence or laziness which is it?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nowornever said:

It amazes me that Entain are relying on customers to tell them what is missing on the website. I noticed a couple of things, rang them up and they were fixed a few hours later.

You would think their staff and computer experts would already know or have taken note of all the features on the old site and then just transferred them across. Incompetence or laziness which is it?

Not sure it's laziness or incompetence. More like arrogance. 

I had several chats about things including customer feedback with a suit high up the food chain at Petone. He was brutally honest and forthright about customer feedback. He said TAB customers are losers and we don't want or need the feedback of losers. 

What's changed? You tell me. Perhaps the only thing that's changed is the willingness to be so forthright and brutally honest. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Kane21 said:

You won't be worried about the odds for Rangiora Brodie;

There was nothing worth having a crack at last night at Addington and same at Rangiora on Sunday.

There was One worth a go Kane.

Odds have been tightened and plenty of unders!

58 minutes ago, Walt said:

Not sure it's laziness or incompetence. More like arrogance. 

I had several chats about things including customer feedback with a suit high up the food chain at Petone. He was brutally honest and forthright about customer feedback. He said TAB customers are losers and we don't want or need the feedback of losers. 

What's changed? You tell me. Perhaps the only thing that's changed is the willingness to be so forthright and brutally honest. 

To be fair Walt, the high up in the food chain bloke will ne more worried about what he is going to be doing when he gets the DCM!

Apologies to all head to head punters!

I pointed out the other day that Entain/TAB had reduced the Head to Head odds since the Ozzie Bookmakers have taken over!

They had dropped them from $1.85 down to $1.80 so they are making more of a percentage than when the Petone Bookies were setting the odds!!!

Well the sneaky Ozzies today have pulled another one on us by dropping them again today to $1.77.5!!!!!

And people think that Entain are the White Knight?

The fact is that harness is going to be getting the short straw from Entain, it is easy to see this!
It is a fifty fifty bet with 2 participants obviously and they are taking out 22.5 cents off the dollar!

However with the NRL game today between the Warriors and Newcastle they had the option of unders and overs for points!

Guess what that is a 50 50 bet as well as 2 possibilities just like the head to neads in harness!

What were those odds, you would think that they would be the same wouldnt you????

Na, they were both at 1.90 so only taking off 10c so 1.90 for NRL 1.77 for harness!

Can someone explain the rationale for the discrepancy?

• Like 1